Thread: Thank You!

Default Thank You!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was involved with this mod. I love everything about this mod, from the music and ambiance to the units. I also love the storyline you created. It really makes me wonder if anything like this really happen. I've played two campaigns so far, one as Hispania and one as Albion. In my Hispania campaign I was crushed by Francia and the Germanicae, in my Albion campaign I was crushed by the Germanicae and Hispania. Even though I lost those campaigns I enjoyed every minute of it.

Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips for playing as the Satanae, in the provincial campaign? I've been having trouble expanding, due to the cowardice of Gressil's spearmen and militia, and Beleth's horsemen. I know they are men without honor but they give up way to quickly to the pagans.

In closing I would like to once again say thank you.
    Last edited by Trajan27; August 18, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Thank You!

the satanae campaign is specially geared to the player, my guesses are that Lucifer appears later (ain't seen him by 710) and the garrisons in the pagan regions nearby are stronger. Anyways, the gressil spearmen are meant to be weak, to make up for the SHEER AWESOMENESS of the later units. The main strengths of Satanae are threefold;

1. The early units are big and cheap, therefore the player can sometimes just steamroll over smaller pagan armies.

2. They are in a position to become the richest faction in a very short space of time,first in conquering the Aegean coastline, then the black sea and on to syria, the Islamic nation being your first real rival.

3. Many of the elite units, including the vampyre cavalry, spearmen and Harbingers, and the Nephilim black knights, cause fear, correctly used these units can cause escillation routs by focusingthe initial charge on weak or undermanned units and then quickly attacking others, as long as you have a decent commander it should pull off 9/10 times.

Although one thing bothers me with the Satanae... how does one acquire Lucifer? What conditions are there? Is there more than simply taking Ephesus? Does the father have to be governor before he sires Satan?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan27 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was involved with this mod. I love everything about this mod, from the music and ambiance to the units. I also love the storyline you created. It really makes me wonder if anything like this really happen. I've played two campaigns so far, one as Hispania and one as Albion. In my Hispania campaign I was crushed by Francia and the Germanicae, in my Albion campaign I was crushed by the Germanicae and Hispania. Even though I lost those campaigns I enjoyed every minute of it.

Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips for playing as the Satanae, in the provincial campaign? I've been having trouble expanding, due to the cowardice of Gressil's spearmen and militia, and Beleth's horsemen. I know they are men without honor but they give up way to quickly to the pagans.

In closing I would like to once again say thank you.
    Your most welcome. I've not played this mod for about three years now and tbh I can't remember how to play the factions. Probably best to try sirfiggin's advice..

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin
    the satanae campaign is specially geared to the player, my guesses are that Lucifer appears later (ain't seen him by 710) and the garrisons in the pagan regions nearby are stronger. Anyways, the gressil spearmen are meant to be weak, to make up for the SHEER AWESOMENESS of the later units. The main strengths of Satanae are threefold;

1. The early units are big and cheap, therefore the player can sometimes just steamroll over smaller pagan armies.

2. They are in a position to become the richest faction in a very short space of time,first in conquering the Aegean coastline, then the black sea and on to syria, the Islamic nation being your first real rival.

3. Many of the elite units, including the vampyre cavalry, spearmen and Harbingers, and the Nephilim black knights, cause fear, correctly used these units can cause escillation routs by focusing the initial charge on weak or undermanned units and then quickly attacking others, as long as you have a decent commander it should pull off 9/10 times.

Although one thing bothers me with the Satanae... how does one acquire Lucifer? What conditions are there? Is there more than simply taking Ephesus? Does the father have to be governor before he sires Satan?
    I don't think there were any conditions, Lucifer should be around from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I don't think there were any conditions, Lucifer should be around from the start.
    uh-oh.... wait, do you mean for the provincial campaign? I just checked the family tree, no one by the name of Lucifer, or any sign of being him (morning star trait, etc)

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Blog Entries

Hmm, it's a long time since I played EoD, but iirc Lucifer can be any of your generals by virtue of a set of retinues and traits. ie: here you'll see 'Bael' is 'Lucifer incarnate'.

Thanks for the advice sirfiggin and Hallie Satanus.

@Sirfiggin: I will try your advice. Currently I'm in an alliance with the Islamic Nation, and have trade rights with most of the other factions. Though I've spotted Germanicae ships poking around my shores.

As for Lucifer, for me Agares is usually the Anti-Christ. He became him without me taking Ephesus, don't know how I did it though?

Also is the Anti-Christ Immortal? I mean can he die of natural causes?
    Last edited by Trajan27; August 19, 2009 at 09:32 PM.

I think he just gets really good stats, like Arthur does for Albion. Also, if you want a surprise, check out what happens when you take Jerusalem...

Blog Entries

Also is the Anti-Christ Immortal? I mean can he die of natural causes?
    Yes he does. RTW doesn't have the immortal capability which Alexander does.

please Halie Satanus how do I get Lucifer?

@sirfiggin: I think he appears randomly. The first two times I played as the Satanae, Agares became the Anti-Christ by 667 AD.

Currently the Anti-Christ is Halphas, he became him in the year 703 AD.

He is leading the war against the traitorous Islamic nation, then he will turn his gaze to the west.

All I can say is keep playing, it will happen eventually.

Also I followed your advice about getting started with the Satanae, and it worked like a charm. I conquered all pagan settlements near and around my capital. By doing so, they became very rich fast.
    Last edited by Trajan27; August 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

excellent

Hi,

Would you two ever consider porting this mod to MTW II Kingdoms? I've played many many total war games over the years, but I have never enjoyed playing any game more than the first ten attempts playing this mod. It is simply elegant and a joy. Would pay for this game definitely as a MTW II Kingdoms add-on!

NL

P.S. By the way, I learned a lot about modding just from studying your text edits.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the kind words. There are no plans to port this mod to MTWII, Mak is working on 'Princes Kings and Heros' and I've pretty much given up modding.

If someone wanted to port it themselves we're happy for them to do that and we'd probably help out in some way, though I don't think myself or Mak would want to be any more than advisors.

sounds like a plan, maybe Hross would let his skeletion warriors in on the fun if that happens? At least, when he returns to us...
    Also, finally got Lucifer, nice.

Just recently "re"-discovered EOD and became aware again how much fun it is. Great work!
    +rep