Thread: [ETW AAR]The Three Roads ( A Prussian dream)

Default [ETW AAR]The Three Roads ( A Prussian dream)

This AAR will consist of three fronts, from perspectives of different types of soldiers.

Initially The war has already started between Saxony, Poland. Saxony had declared war on a neighbor. Prussia, eager to make friends decided to make friends with other protestant nations, Their gift was knowledge of a dagger a soldier can seal his musket barrel with to use as a melee weapon for men and horse alike. England was the first to enter in an alliance. Hannover came second and then declared their fealty to the King. The Polish had moved out of their fort and the eastern Army sent a small detachment to capture the abandoned fort.

Saxony leaving itself weak in the north was charged by Prussia's top general Leopard sieging the city hoping to bait out the Saxon's bulk force. The southern force then besiged a Polish city well garrisoned.

Theres an intro less detailed as it will become when I formally start the AAR, I just want to see a reaction from the people who read this. Im hoping to keep the money flowing to continue to push three armies to victory. I believe the eastern army will see the most action. The western army will see the least. The southern army will see alot of action, maybe rival or best the eastern front in experienced fighters.

I don't know how exactly I will work the charaters(the three different soldiers)
    I was throwing around idea's:
    *General(wasnt sure they have lifespans so I was thinking not.)
    *Militiaman rising through the ranks of soldiery to the point he will finally join a mounted unit.
    * A regular line infrantrymen who's seen and weathered every battle on his front to eventually become a General or captain.
    *A Regular who will die and his journal passed around like a traveling story of the army they were involved in.
    *A admiral takes the western force to the America's or Iceland and fights in the northern regions to unit the scandanavian's and Icelanders under the Prussian Crown. They eventually become the first world known Marine force, where they take to the seas to the America's and conquer the Carribean and northern South American regions.
    *The Eastern force defeats the poles, and then moves south to link up and help the southern army's drive to Italy. Or they drive themselves to Moscow.
    * The Southern force drives to Italy and unite it under the Prussian Crown and take on the mediteranian islands and Northern Africa regions.
    *There will be a fourth army, their story will be narrated by me, not by a soldier. If they are needed to be built at all. This fourth army will be called the Imperial Guard, they will destroy rebel armies, and or take on wars that may become closer to home then wanted.(Ie. a western european like France declares war on me while my 1st army(the orginal western army) fights up north in the scandanavian region's.) If this is the case then I will Narrate the battles that ensue and take pictures of the battle as if it was from the other fronts. The Imperial Guard will have the best Prussia has to offer, as its upkeep will be its major cost, in the hopes they do not fight often enough to pay for replacements. The Imperial Guard may be deployed to other regions of the world if it comes to be that all of western europe is under the Prussian crown(IE if France and Spain fall to Prussia's dominance) They will see action in the Indi's.

My goal is Eastern gos east, probally going for Moscow as its Major Objective. Secondary being the Black Sea.

Western Army will go north and then eventually to conquer the carribean and create a Trade base.

Southern Force will take out Italy and the mediteranian's as well as the northern African regions, and create a trade situation much like the Western Army.

Any idea's for names for the armies?
    -Western Campaign Army
    * The Imperial Marines.
    * Prussian Marine Korps First
    *Amerika Korps.
    -Southern Campaign Army
    *Southern Force
    *Prussian Marine Korps Second
    *Holy Roman Guard
    *guerriero romano del(Italian for Roman Warrior's)
    *Römische Warrior's('German' for the above.)
    -Eastern Campaign Army
    *Eastern Horde
    *Eastern Korps.
    *Russia's Liberation Front
    *Mercenary Korps(being they only want invade for the trade wealth russia offers in furs)

Any ideas?
    Suggestions?
    Praise?

MastahCheef117's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [ETW AAR]The Three Roads ( A Prussian dream)

Nice idea, I love it.

Western Campaign Army: "Imperial Naval Trooper Corps" (too long?)
    Southern Campaign Army: "Elite Prussian Guard Corps"
    Eastern Campaign Army: "Elite Eastern Ground Corps"

Not the greatest names but... well, I like the idea for the AAR
    Losing battles in Total War since Rome.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French

Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom - The story of Lt. Col. William J. Barker and the 71st Ohio Infantry

Never fear, I will update this soon. Either tonight or tomorrow, maybe even saturday(I dont work on weekends). I have alot of stuff to post.. Alot has happened in the campaign in the first two years. Lots of battles, and wars have been started. The world has lost many young men in the course of the action. I want to try and put togather an update every five years but, if this is how much action The prussians will see i might do it once every three battles or three years.

Either way, still need names for the three armies.

Names for now:
    West- Prussian Elite Guard
    South- Bischoves Honor Guard
    East- Alexander's Elder's

Its gona involve alot of writing and explaining, and many pictures..Im trying to prune the bad from the really bad.

Any other idea's from the first post would be still appreciated. If anyone else is interested please voice yourselves. Because I'm hoping to see more interest this weekend.

EDIT: after I got rid of ALOT probally like 20-30 pictures. I still have 97 pictures..

I may cut this large update into years. in 1700, 1701, 1702. The first update may have more pictures.. enjoyable cannon to infantry fire happening. also the story of two brothers in their first battle togather against an enemy nation.

1700(Winter)- a battle in a fort two brothers fight for survival. The Saxon's take Prague.
    1701(Summer+Winter)- The war that started at the fort with the Pole's has escalated as friedrich the 1st moves the armies south and east to assault the enemy. Dresden is assaulted by leopold and his Elite guard, prague battle, warsaw battle, vilnius battle
    1702(Summer)- Russo-Prussian War, Courlanese Declare war on Prussia, Sweden declares on Hannover Prussia breaks with Hannover and joins with Sweden. Bavaria and Austria declare war on Prussia. Austria gains another territory at the expense of the Poles. Portugal is destroyed by Spain.
    Last edited by Hebrew_Hero; August 20, 2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Pruning pictures.. Have alot.

I lost my internet at home on friday(the day i was gona start uploading pictures) Im using my work comp to get on here right now, I'll either put bits of the first chapter up during my lunch breaks, or i'll have to wait till the weekend.

Got net back. I will try to get this going this saturday.

Does anyone have any tips or comments about the premise of my AAR?

Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar Troll Whisperer

I like the idea; you need to START it, my good man!

Since you ask for suggestions, I'd say take 3 quite different regions. For instance, you might take the English, Turks, and Marathas. Or Russians; something like that.

Next, make them different people, of course. Definitely have one admiral. Then, you might have a commoner who slowly grapples his way up the ranks, and you might have an aristocrat who obtained an officer's commission through his societal connections.

The idea has merit and potential. Now write it! It's grand to plan, but of course it will be of little value if you never carry it out.

Also, be detailed. A storyline like this has a great deal of potential, if you give details. Make your character and plot come alive; don't let it just be a dry report of events in the game, if you know what I mean.

I do hope this gets started. And that you log on sometime to check.
    Last edited by Ariovistus Maximus; November 09, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Land of the Free! Home of the

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

[QUOTE=Ariovistus Maximus;6271978]I like the idea; you need to START it, my good man!

Since you ask for suggestions, I'd say take 3 quite different regions. For instance, you might take the English, Turks, and Marathas. Or Russians; something like that.

Next, make them different people, of course. Definitely have one admiral. Then, you might have a commoner who slowly grapples his way up the ranks, and you might have an aristocrat who obtained an officer's commission through his societal connections.

The idea has merit and potential. Now write it! It's grand to plan, but of course it will be of little value if you never carry it out.

Also, be detailed. A storyline like this has a great deal of potential, if you give details. Make your character and plot come alive; don't let it just be a dry report of events in the game, if you know what I mean.

I do hope this gets started. And that you log on sometime to check. [/QUOTE
    Agreed, and yes it sounds interesting.