Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS for Grand Campaign, RTI, Warpath, 1.6 patch updated. >>>NEW: American Civil War for GC and WC<<<

keminsky's Avatar Civis

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS beta 0.1/0.2

hi, how r u?
    first, congrats' for ur work on making etw with more variety in nations or even making a new reality there lol

i contact u because of the amercivil startpos

first, here is my user.empire script

mod "ACW.pack";
    mod "proper_militia_v13.pack";
    mod "mod_BSM_4_medium.pack";
    mod "darthmodlite.pack";
    mod "equipment_tweak_mod.pack";
    mod "fonts1steplarger.pack";
    mod "Ketz_League_01beta.pack";
    mod "lego_retexture_britain.pack";
    mod "mod_NoTrails.pack";
    mod "ATM_v12a.pack";
    mod "ATM_addon.pack";
    mod "mod_soundv2.pack";
    mod "waronmars_pipmod.pack";
    mod "Sikh.pack";
    mod "mod_rtext_uplight_v21.pack";
    mod "hannover_mod_drth.pack";
    mod "Das_ Oesterreichische_ Heer_V_1_2.pack";
    mod "saxony_mod_drth.pack";
    mod "Remo_spain_linemen_textures.pack";
    mod "bavaria_mod_drth.pack";
    mod "Piedmont Savoy Retexture.pack";
    mod "Genoa Retexture.pack";
    mod "SvenskaArmen1_5.pack";
    mod "Warcry_of_the_Republic.pack";
    mod "Westphalia_retexture.pack";
    mod "wurttemberg_mod.pack";
    mod "kz09.pack";
    mod "kz08.pack";
    mod "kz07.pack";
    mod "kz06.pack";
    mod "kz05.pack";
    mod "kz04.pack";
    mod "kz03.pack";
    mod "kz02.pack";
    mod "kz01.pack";
    mod "kz00.pack";

>> OK
    as u see i am using empire optimized, some skins and some functional mods

note 2) the problem i will expose u happens weather i leave ur acw startpos unchanged or to 4 turns starting WINTER

the only problem is the confederate and union STATES flag Text
    - first one comes like 13 Colonies and second one as UNited states, both as Britain Protectorates

big lol.. and frustration for me..

how do i solve this text problem?

ah and i did NOT forget to put the lua script on the right place, same for REGIONS map

pls say something soon, i like the taste of civil war in Campaging

regards

That was an impressive user.empire script ! Probably one of the other mods is using it's own flags. A possible easy way to solve it is by placing ACW.pack last in the list of user.empire script so it would be loaded last. Since I am not using units I can't see any problem with the other mods. A second way is to make a pack.mod using just the flags from the ACW. The third and more tired is to remove all mods and place them one by one until you find the conflict. This work is done automatically if you use Mod Manager and check the conflicts.

EDIT: American War of Independence mod has been added.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    EDIT: American War of Independence mod has been added.
    Can you PM me please, as i have an idea to implement my mods into this AWI mod!!
    There is also no regions.esf in the mod download?? and at what stage does the mod start from? is it all episodes 1-4?
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; August 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS updated 30/08/2009

Using your startpos +haiti/belg mod and get a ctd playing both ireland and scotland around turn 7 or 8. Played quite a few of the other factions and didn't seem to have a problem. Been anyone else with this problem?

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by stryker290 View Post
    Using your startpos +haiti/belg mod and get a ctd playing both ireland and scotland around turn 7 or 8. Played quite a few of the other factions and didn't seem to have a problem. Been anyone else with this problem?
    other people have been having this problem including me. husserlTW is trying to figure it out. if you can find your saved game you should try to find a way to send it to HusserlTW so he can look through it to find some special data and make his mod better.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker290 View Post
    Which one did you tried, v. 2.0 or v. 0.2.1? I think the problem is with the handover of the three protectorates (new_spain, louisiana, 13_colonies).
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 30, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

husserlTW - can you provide the regions.esf file so i can try your AWI mod please??

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    husserlTW - can you provide the regions.esf file so i can try your AWI mod please??
    There is not any special file, it uses the vanilla by itself (data/campaign_maps/episodic_map_3).
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 30, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There is not any special file, it uses the vanilla by itself (data/campaign_maps/episodic_map_3).
    Just your installation instructions state that there is a regions.esf file to place in the mod?:

"Installation: Extract the files and place startpos.esf and scripting.lua, in ETW/data/campaigns/main, regions.esf in ETW/data/campaign_maps/global_map, AWI_loc in ETW/data, AWI.pack in ETW/data"

I am sorry if i am reading this incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Just your installation instructions state that there is a regions.esf file to place in the mod?:

"Installation: Extract the files and place startpos.esf and scripting.lua, in ETW/data/campaigns/main, regions.esf in ETW/data/campaign_maps/global_map, AWI_loc in ETW/data, AWI.pack in ETW/data"

I am sorry if i am reading this incorrectly.
    No, it is my fault. Sorry I'll fix it.

EDIT: Wrong installation instructions are corrected for AWI startpos.esf

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Hello husserlTW

Well i dl your new file today like what you have done so far, it's very good.

Ok this is what i seen today, I got to turn 25 as Haiti then CTD restart 3 time same thing....

This time it's on the US( Its a Major Nation now as you know) turn, it looks as if it missed Prussia turn or went real fast but i don't know. Spain did a War of Succession on me don't remember if it was the turn b4 or 3 turns b4.... Some other things that i have seen

On the Grand Campaign set up, the starting regions are not right

France has 5 says 6
    Austria has 4 says 6
    Denmark has 2 says 3
    Ottoman 9 12
    Prussia 4 3
    Russia 8 9
    Spain 7 6
    United Pro 3 4
    Venice 1 2
    Genoa 1 2

I think the Huron and Iroquois also but cant remember

I have not played any others but i will play the Hurons tonight, so will let you know later. I like that i can play all most anyone, no one has done this great Vison man that's a mod
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Hello husserlTW

Well i dl your new file today like what you have done so far, it's very good.

Ok this is what i seen today, I got to turn 25 as Haiti then CTD restart 3 time same thing....

This time it's on the US( Its a Major Nation now as you know) turn, it looks as if it missed Prussia turn or went real fast but i don't know. Spain did a War of Succession on me don't remember if it was the turn b4 or 3 turns b4.... Some other things that i have seen

On the Grand Campaign set up, the starting regions are not right

France has 5 says 6
    Austria has 4 says 6
    Denmark has 2 says 3
    Ottoman 9 12
    Prussia 4 3
    Russia 8 9
    Spain 7 6
    United Pro 3 4
    Venice 1 2
    Genoa 1 2

I think the Huron and Iroquois also but cant remember

I have not played any others but i will play the Hurons tonight, so will let you know later. I like that i can play all most anyone, no one has done this great Vison man that's a mod
    Thanks mate you always provide important informations to me. I know about the number of regions but I got tired counting all the time since I was doing changes all the time and I left it for the official release. You saved important time for me and I appreciate that.

I have a sight question I installed the American civil war one i think. I have all factions unlocked but in my mod manager it shows only acw and i cant check it there is no box. when i launch the game i see all the things like all factions and the american north but no south. what should i do?

EDIT: I got it running but my confederates lol have no faction flag or character portraits lol
    Last edited by RomaVictor6969; August 30, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Remember Constantinople
    mr bush how can u put people in jail for smoking weed when you smoke weed. that makes you a hypocrite. bush says do you like hand jobs. the guy says hell yea. bush says do you like giving hand jobs. the guy says no. bush says well then your a fing hypocrite to!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by RomaVictor6969 View Post
    I have a sight question I installed the American civil war one i think. I have all factions unlocked but in my mod manager it shows only acw and i cant check it there is no box. when i launce the game i see all the things like all factions and the american north but no south. what should i do?
    At first open the startpos.esf with EsfEditor. In CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/BUILD check the version of the mod to be sure which one you've installed. Then be sure you follow the installation instructions correctly. It is right that Mod Manager shows ACW.pack but it is wrong that there is no box. Check and uncheck the box in "Show all pack types" just in case. If nothing happens follow the alternative by editing user.empire_script file.

keminsky's Avatar Civis

hey, can u add the realistic flag set 1.2 in ur emergents or emergents+HAITI+BELGIUM packs to give this a bit more ambience and avoid conflicts with this pack?

I'm using 2.1. Just ctd'd as columbia in year 1704. Will try the new 2.2 version.

Outstanding

I love the portraits btw.

Damo_KB8's Avatar Foederatus

any chance of a I.S 2 compatible emergant startpos.esf? , you done a gd job with this mod