Thread: Improving AI.

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

Default Improving AI.

Well, after fiddling with the Campaign settings for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that there is just not enough turns in the Vanilla campaign for things like, diplomacy, trade, and other AI incapability to work properly.

After playing through a Vanilla campaign as Britain, I recorded my status at the end of it, who was my allies, who I was at war with, and how far my economy and research had advanced. As it were, everyone hated me, trade was almost non-existant, and my Economy, although large from all my territory, was not as efficient as it should be because of time constraints.

So I went back, unlocked all factions, and changed the amount of turns it takes to cycle through a year. Since I like the 1 month time scale, I set it to 12 turns per year, which effectively gives you 6 times the amount of turns, raising the maximum turn count from 200 to 1200. I played through 200 turns, just as I did in the Vanilla campaign, and found myself in a similar situation, so I decided to play 200 more turns to see exactly how things progressed. Sure enough after 200 more turns, the AI's view of my nation was shifting from Hostile, to Unfriendly, to Indifferent, and even a few became friendly. As a result of this seemingly delayed balancing of power and friendships, the trade which had been so absent finally began to appear, and with the extra turns I was able to fix all the problems in my economic structure, giving me a much greater income and more money to fight wars, construct buildings, and upkeep larger armies and fleets. It is also worth nothing that after 400 turns the date was only 1733, which still left me with plenty of time to play, I can only imagine what it will look like another 200 turns from now. But as I have seen, a lot of the diplomacy, and economics doesn't kick in until AFTER 200 turns has expired, then the campaign becomes more balanced and more diplomatic.

If you are upset with the AI, I definately suggest increasing the time scale of your campaign to a favorite setting, I like 12 turns which is 1 month per turn, but you can set it to anything with basic math.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: Improving AI.

Post split from Patch Update Thread.