Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellinus/Falco

Default Re: Curia hostilia: consulate of Marcellinus/

And for what office will you run for, Senator Cato? Proconsul of the East or West?

I propose that the provinces be divided better senators. As quaestor I think the pro-consulships should be divided as Asia minor, Spain, Transalpine Gual, Africa and Greece. We cannot have on man in control of our whole western or eastern provinces! His troops may hail him as tyrant! Have you even looked at the end in mind? Maybe if we all were stoic, e humble nobles would this would be a good deal. I will personally ask for the province of Africa, I cannot stress the need to have the power DISTRIBUTED, not horded by two men.

OOC - Quaestors report and charachters will be here by tomorrow, if you haven't added your charachter traits and age, then you won't be in!

OOC: you make total sense, but we don't really have the man power to have 5 people in office, plus the Quaestor, Consul, Tribune etc.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quaestor, we are voting on it now. If you disagree then vote agaist it, but the motion has been seconded and we will likely only discuss it further if it fails.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I would rather go for the east. I can't stand the cold winters you see, Aelius chuckled.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

OOC: Would we need the mod to do this? If not I can go for the west....
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

ooc: yes you will need the mod.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

OOC: Won't be able to sorry guys, gonna try and get BI sometime soon (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by YtC View Post
    OOC: you make total sense, but we don't really have the man power to have 5 people in office, plus the Quaestor, Consul, Tribune etc.
    OOC - I guess so, so who will run for these offices though?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Questor, where is the report for this year?
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; August 20, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Default Re: Curia hostilia: consulate of Marcellinus/Falco

aenators, i must bring to your attention something that is begining to trouble me. It has been some time now since the election, and yet we have heard nothing from the Quaestor. I don't think i have even seen him in these halls!

Now far be it from me to say that he hasn't taken his job seriously, but we are approaching the half way mark of this term, and are yet to here anything from him.

Something must be done, word must be sent to him giving him a deadline of one week (one day). And failing that then a vote of confidence must be taken. What does the senate have ot say?

A deadline would be a good decision, we should set these deadlines for the future as well.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; August 20, 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

"One week from the start of the term would be too short, in my opinion. We must get all the information from all parts of our Republic and a severe storm (which is not unheard of in winter) could delay the arrival of information for days. I suggest we extend such a period to two weeks. Two weeks would not mean a significant delay, but give extra time in case of delays."

ooc: really, two days'd be better, otherwise the player might have something important to do on that one day and get a vote of no confidence as a reward!
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

ooc; well i suggested one day since he's already had a few. but i think two as a more usual deadline is fine

ic; indeed a deadline to a report would be a good thing as the senate often seems to find itself asking about the Quaestors report. And i would support two weeks for this support as well.

I shall make two motions, both on this issue.

Present mortifer

1 - That a Quaestor shall have 3 weeks from the beggining of a new term to make his report. (3 days)

2 - If he fails this deadline any senator may raise question about his ability, at which point a motion over the replacement of the Quaestor will be made.

and my second motion

Equestrius Mortifer

1 - Equestrius shall be given one week (one day) from the close of the vote to make his report, otherwise he will be replaced by the senate (note that this means that 10th will get 2 days - one for the vote and one for the deadline)

2 - his replacement will be decided upon the failure of the deadline
    Last edited by Raglan; August 20, 2009 at 09:47 AM.

These motions seem to be reasonable consul, i would only make one small suggestion to change the second one in.

II. If he fails to present his report to the senate with in the deadline a replacement will be chosen by the senate to present a report.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I support this motion senators.

OOC: @ Cnaeus nope but I can support it
    Last edited by Crozimodo; August 20, 2009 at 09:04 AM.

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

me too(?)

ooc: is it even possible to second a motoin that someone else has already seconded?

Challange Macedon, and die trying

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Indeed Posthumus, that is what i meant but you have worded it better. Since this has been seconded i shall put it to vote

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Ah, the single week was concerning our present quaestor. In that case, I wholeheartedly support the motion.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Senators, I bring you now word from our Quaestor, senator Cicero. In my hands, a report from his work. He apologizes for his absence, and especially for making us all wait for so long.

On his report, he mentions the current state of Rome.

First of, our domains, even though they are the envy of the civilized world, they are hanging from a cliff.

While Italy and Sicily currently enjoy a good level of loyalty from our people, and a steady income, the further one gets from Rome, the larger the trouble. The lands of Iberia, Macedon and Asia Minor have chance of revolting very soon. However, the Quaestor affirms that troop redistribution would be the key in avoiding those revolts.

On the other hand, he mentions that reports from our experts predict losses for our treasury, measuring to a massive loss of 5000 denarii per season.

I do not wish to sound alarmist, but Rome should act as quickly as possible if we are to survive this possible crisis. Our Quaestor's suggestion to save our money? Spend it. Not in the provinces, but here, in Italy, Sicily and Africa, were its benefits will come faster and we will be able to harvest greater results.

Additionally, he asks that we send as diplomats to our neighbors to the North and East, to obtain trade agreements that should boost our economic income.

However, he also mentions a final point, probably the only controversial section of this report, in which he advocates for an increase of the taxation in every province and region were it is possible. This, he affirms, is a key element on our economic recovery, and without it our economy will fall apart.

To summarize, his plan includes the following things:

I. The legions in Africa will be spreaded across the region to decrease unrest.

II. A full construction proyect on Italy, Sicily, and part of Africa. Focusing on trade and economic development:
    Patavium - Sinus (2200 den)
    Genua - Sinus (2200 den)
    Mediolanum - Via Principalis (10000 den)
    Bononia - Sinus (2200 den)
    Ariminum - Via Principalis (10000 den)
    Arretium - Via Principalis (10000 den)
    Capua - Via Principalis (10000 den)
    Paestum - Sinus (2200 den)
    Rhegium - Mercator (2400 den)
    Croton - Fodina (2000 den)
    Messana - Mercator (2400 den)
    Agrigentum - Via Principalis (10000 den)
    Hadrumentum - Via Principalis (10000 den)

Total Expenses: 75600.
    III. That the remaining funds (24400 den) be distributed to the future Proconsuls of the East and West mainly for construction projects in the provinces.

IV. Increase of the taxation in all Roman domains that allow it without putting the region under risk of revolt.

V. Diplomats shall be sent to the Gauls, Greeks and Illyrians, to ensure trade rights between our nations.

And...that is all. Any words, Senators?

OOC: the10thlegion asked me to do this for him.
    Last edited by Ozy; August 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM.