Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellinus/Falco

Default Re: Curia hostilia: consulate of Marcellinus/

Festinius chuckled inwardly knowing Dives' reasons "Who would you suggest Praetor?"

OOC: Will we need the mod to govern?
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Well, I'm sure there are enough Consulars among us to choose from. Is senator Tiberius Falco elegible for the office?

OOC: Nothing personal Cnaeus, just staying true to my character .

"If you can find him support then I will accept him, however my vote with be for Caeso. I say let him prove himself how can we judge his quality if we don not give him a chance. He has vast military experience and I believe he is more than capable."

Festinius looked at Caeso sitting rigidly before turning back to Dives.

"Until then perhaps we can return to the matter of Pontus?"

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

if it is the senate's wish for me not to become consul of Roma i shall agree with that without any question, for i am a senator who obeys to the power of the senate as a whole Caeso answered

Challange Macedon, and die trying

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Birderer View Post
    "If you can find him support then I will accept him, however my vote with be for Caeso. I say let him prove himself how can we judge his quality if we don not give him a chance. He has vast military experience and I believe he is more than capable."

Festinius looked at Caeso sitting rigidly before turning back to Dives.

"Until then perhaps we can return to the matter of Pontus?"

Vast Military experience ,hmpf, well I fought with the legions for over 40 years, include 15 as a legatus,

Now, what I propose for pontus is to make them a client state through military or other means and have them pay a large tribute so it strengthens our economy at because of this tribute, the people of pontus will be forced to attack us or have their economy ruined, so thus we will be able to fight them on our terms

Now what say you good Senators
    Low speed, High Drag

Festinius applauds Tiberius "There senators is the exact type of thinking we need to move forward. I would support this but would ask the senate to conside strengthening our holding on the borders to Pontus."

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Senators, may I remind all of you that we fight wars because we need to, and not necessarily because we want to. Furthermore, to fight a war to gain money is contradictory. Wars cost money and a lot of it. That is the reason we ask for tributes, to repay us for the losses - both the material and financial losses - we have suffered in the war. It is sheer folly to enter a war for the tribute we receive afterwards, and I shall vehemently oppose any such motion.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

i say we are to strenghten our current position before we commit ourselfs into any war...i therefor say we let the people live in peace for as long as we can provide it for them.

Festinius bowed his head defeated "If that is the senate's wish I will do all I can to assist."

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Ha yes the madness of the great halls, men shouting like little children. All this chaos and no one who call' s them to order.

Quitnus adressed on man in the curia the only one with some power to stop this madness.

Consul call these men to order and lead the way, tell us wish problems we will solve first in a debate. Do it or the this madness will stay on like it always has done.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

We still have to receive a report from the Quaestor, not to mention dealing with the missing offices. If no other man will be nominated, then I say the Consul set an extraordinary voting session to decide who will become Suffectus Consul, Falco...or Galerius...

Furthermore, how will our provinces be organized? seeing how our domains stretch I would propose that 3 Proconsulates and 2 Propraetorship were formed:the Proconsulate of Sicily and the Punic Islands, the Proconsulate of Iberia and Gallia Narbonesis, the Proconsulate of Greece and Macedon, the Propraetorate (< is that a real word?) of Africa and the Propraetorate of the Western Anatolia.

However, I do not know if we have enough senators to fullfill their duties on so many different regions. Any suggestions, Senators?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

I cannot suport a war at this time, it would be foolish beyond belief to attack a nation simply because we want to. Is this the Rome that you wish to create, a Rome where the strong take what they want and kill many simply because they can.

NO! Rome is a nation that is strong because of its unity, a nation where even the plebs have a say in the running of the state, thanks to their tribunes. Rome is a nation empowered by its self-restraint.

Don't get me wrong i am no coward, and if Pontus ever attacks Rome then i would be amoungst the first calling for war. But i also believe that we shouldn't start unnessicary wars either.

As to the issue of provences (cause we are still some what short of people) I propose that we establish new boundries. I feel that Italy itself, Sicily and the Punic Isles should remain under the direct control of the Senate, along with the areas along the coast near Gaul. (ie the bit in modern day france)

and that we should create two provences, one in the lands of the old Carthagian empire (ie spain and africa) and the other in Greece and Asia minor

It should also i think be made law that the goveners MUST contact us on a regualar basis. (ie every 4 days real time - this will keep the governers involved)

i think we need to devide the republic into 3 sections: 1 being Italy+sicily, 2 being everything west of that, 3 being everything east of Italy. then we need to put one chain of powers to each...the cunsol being responsible for Italy itself

Claudius sighed upon hearing Primus little patriotic speech. Such romanticism had always bothered him.

"I rather like your idea, Senator. Most of it, at least. However, I do not know if giving the same man power over Iberia and Africa would be a wise choice. The lands are far too distant from each other, and it would take weeks before any news reached a governor stationed in Africa, the distance between then is practically the same as between Iberia and Rome. I however support the idea of keeping Sicily and the Punic Islands, and maybe even Narbonesis under direct control from the Senate. Perhaps there could be 2 Proconsulates. The first in Greece, the Balkans and Asia Minor, and the second in Africa and Malta. A propraetorate could be established in Iberia."

Festinius stood "I second this motion it will allow us to easily keep track of our outgoing income and will allow the provinces to communicate effectively with one another."

"May I ask what of the situation to the North do the celts continue to trouble us?"

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by YtC View Post
    Claudius sighed upon hearing Primus little patriotic speech. Such romanticism had always bothered him.

"I rather like your idea, Senator. Most of it, at least. However, I do not know if giving the same man power over Iberia and Africa would be a wise choice. The lands are far too distant from each other, and it would take weeks before any news reached a governor stationed in Africa, the distance between then is practically the same as between Iberia and Rome. I however support the idea of keeping Sicily and the Punic Islands, and maybe even Narbonesis under direct control from the Senate. Perhaps there could be 2 Proconsulates. The first in Greece, the Balkans and Asia Minor, and the second in Africa and Malta. A propraetorate could be established in Iberia."
    ooc; well i sugested it because of the usual lack of players as more than this will pull alot of people away - though that could be easierly overcome if we allow people to post in rome anyway.

ic; it is a valid point about the distances, yet i find little worth in splitting the two areas up. Carthage managed just fine to run Iberia from Africa.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Triarius walks in silently as to not disturb the ongoing discussion.

OOC: didn't know that we had started.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

"i agree with Lvcivs, if a barbaric tribe like carthage could manage those lands, im sure we can do it better" Caeso added

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Triarius rose.
    Would you call a nation that once ruled the western Mediterranean Barbaric!
    No it's you senator who is barbaric. Carthage was once as civilized as the greeks and us. True is that there armies included warriors from many different barbaric tribes, but to call Carthage barbaric. That's an disgrace for those Romans that conquered Carthage and gave there lives for the republic.
    Last edited by apple; August 18, 2009 at 01:12 PM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Festinius makes note of a new senator entering he decides to visit him in his domus before the week is out.

"Valid points senators. Shall it be put to vote or is it already clear to us all?"

OOC: Be seeing you soon apple