Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellinus/Falco

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Curia hostilia: consulate of Marcellinus/

Caeso looks with a face of guilt at the man and tries to outwait the other senators with answering

Challange Macedon, and die trying

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

ooc; oh i miss you sometimes chaplain

ic; Lucius inclines his head at the Pontifex Maximus, a man he has had little discourd with during thier dual careers, but Lucius thinks about the question and realises that there has been no discussion about it yet, the rumours had gotten swept away and grown out of all proportion.

Lucius sits patiently and awaits Caeso's reply, before realising that the auspies still have not been made

Senator Rutulus, you make a valid point, one which i will respond to. But should not the sacrafices be made first, i do not wish to start this term with bad omens

"Noone else seems to desire the position, I have great faith in this man Pontifex Maximus. From what I have heard his father did great things for us and I believe we can put our belief in this man?" Festinius said rising to his feet. "Perhaps we elected him in haste but that is only because we are eager to move Rome forward. If anyone wishes to speak against him ket him do so."

OOC: We've been waiting
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

The sacrifices have been made, the smoke is curling towards the sky as we speak. There is a good amount of healthy liver, but there are still diseased portions. As for the intestines, there are several perforations in the lower portions. The year will largely bend to the will of Rome, but we will have hinderances that we must overcome. The perforations, to me, suggest a lack of cohesion among the whole, which also means a general attitude of apathy among the Senate. Beware, senators, this is how Kings seize power, by playing on the apathies of the Senate.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

ooc: you use a lot of words i dont understand, dont get me wrong i get english pretty good, good enough for formal conversations.

OOC: Give us the words and we'll give you the meanings

Festinius stands with his hands clasped behind his back

"The Pontifex Maximus speaks wisely," he inclines his head to Pallas in acknowledgement "I am new to the Senate but swear to act with dignity and honour and to attempt to root out corruption with great vigilance."

"We should await the Quaestors' report to decide which direction Rome will take. Will we be peaceful trading with neighbours? Or aggresive turning our fury upon our enemies?"

"It is the Consul's descision."

Festinius sat down looking into Pallas' grey eyes which had watched him throughout the oration.

ooc: its okey...he just went a little to fast, we were in the middle of a conversation and all of a suddon he already slaughtered some animals to look for omens, but im good now

ic: very well noblemen, then i think we agree to wait for the reports of the Questors. now if you'll excuse me..i need to go home and get some rest, its been a long day

ooc: in reall life im also heading to bed, see you tommorow or something like that

"Good day to you Consul rest well the matters of state can take a lot out of a man"

"Of course it would make sense to clarify the consul's legitimacy first."

Festinius' eyes looked at Pallas challenging him.

"Does anyone believe that Caeso is unfit for the job? And if so who would you recommend to do it better conscript fathers?"

Festinius' voice reverberated around the senate hall and he sank down onto his seat.
    Last edited by Crozimodo; August 17, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Equestris arrives with his chief financial administrator. He was prepared for the day and took a seat in the first row

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Tiberius Falco, the grizzled old general, walks in and sits down in the second row
    Low speed, High Drag

Galerius enters the Curia, head high, after a full nights rest and awaits for more senators to fill the hall

"Good day gentlemen, let the work of Government begin," Festinius smiled

"Would the quaestor be good enough to provide us with his report?"He asked looking at Equestris.

Caeso sits back and awaits Equistris' answer

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Falco enters.

"I apologise for my tardiness and my absence in the first days of this year. I have been under the weather."

Falco continues to the censorial seat an sits own.

ooc: Geesh, I had no idea we'd already begun!
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Civilis; August 18, 2009 at 05:23 AM.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quintus enters the curia and walks to his spot. It' s the chair in the middle of the last row. The chair his father once used when he seated in these great hall' s. Now it was Quintus his turn to take place in it. As a small boy he had seen his father in the curia many times when he and some of his friends sneaked in.

Ha these years of childhood, nothing to worry about. Things have changed since i became a man.

Quintus started to listen to the other members in the great hall.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Festins stands his eyes sweeping the assembled senators

"Noble Conscript fathers, I have decided to bring up a very delicate subject amongst all of us."

"War," he waited for his words to settle in.

"Our economy I believe is stable for the moment but we cannot expect that to last."

"Nor can we expect peace to last either. Better to strike the first blow than be caught unawares."

"Noble senators I believe our future lies to the East Pontus and Egypt."

"They have large amounts of wealth metals and food we cannot produce here in Rome. Their animals are fierce and would make a good show at our games."

Festinius smiled at the group "I eagerly await your input," he said nodding towards the Consuls.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Bibulus, what reason do you ask for this war. For greed? you would spill Roman lives out of greed?

Pontus has done little to antagonise us and Eygpt are our allies, would you have us become bullies stealing everything that we are strong enough to take, or should we be honourable and show the world that we are not barbarians?

Why should we waste Roman blood to take Egypt when it is our ally, during the famines only eight years ago the Egyptians sent us grain at a discount, to HELP us. No there is no need for war agaist the Egyptians.

As to Pontus, they are a local power, and it is plausiable that they will at some point war with us, but we should be the defenders, let us finish fights, but not start them.

"What you say is true of egypt they have been staunch allys but we must be preprared to defend ourselves."

"As of Pontus it would be good if we could gain some influence in their area. If you will not send a scouting force then at least a spy or dignitary."

"You believe Rome can sustain themselves just on the good will of inferior foreigners? War must be made if we are to have peace!"

"Surely we will lose more lives from a suprise attack on a city too rapid for us to respond to. Would you risk the lives of our citizens in the outer provinces so lightly?"

"If you will not support armed forces perhaps you will support better town defences, for the good of the people?" Festinius looked levelly at Lucius.

The Praetor entered the Curia.

"Senators, before we can discuss any other matters, I would suggest that we took the time to appoint our missing magistrates. In my opinion, senator Galerius should not become Consul. He is a too young man, and I believe appointing him to such an office would be a gargantuan mistake. Le us appoint a more experienced man for the job."

While he made a good point, for Claudius the idea of a Plebian Consul was reason enough to oppose granting him the office.

"I would also like to get information on our provinces, and have men appointed to govern them."