View Poll Results: Shall Kallum become a Citizen?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 08/24/09] [Citizen] Kallum (Patron: Carl von Döbeln)

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default [PASSED 08/24/09] [Citizen] Kallum (Patron: Carl von Döbeln)

Client: Kallumguides:

Russian Guide (taken in the script)

Hungarian Guide (taken in the script)

Portuguese Guide (taken in the script)

AARs:

God's AAR

LotR AAR

Basileia ton Romaion book 1 (taken in the script)

Basileia ton Romaion book 2 (taken in the script)

Basileia ton Romaion book 3 (still work in progress)

The story of the Moorish Empire of Timbuktu (still work in progress)

on top of that I'm a local mod for the Medieval II AAR section of this forum

Upon the question, why I want to become a citizen, I don’t have a answer ready. For myself I arrogantly believe that I’ve earned it through my work in the AAR forums, in the forums about strategies and battleplanning and my answers to those who wanted to start a new AAR. As a citizen I naively believe that I’ll be taken more seriously and that my opinion in discussions will be taken in to account rather then being shoved of as it happens sometimes. To carry the badge of a citizen also strikes me with pride and it would be a nice shiny diamante in the necklace of my already achieved achievements. On top of this all I’m very curious to those locked citizen-only forums where you all dwindle. What can I find there? That is one of the questions that have irked me since the beginning and I would like to see answered

Patron: Carl von DöbelnHonorable CdeC members. I wish to patronise the member Kallum for the rank of citizen. Kallum is one of the most skilled and active AAR writers we have here at TWC and his AAR's are not only huge and many but extraordinary well written and very intriguing. Kallum has also written 3 exellent guides for Medieval II total War which i belive have helped many people. Kallum is on top of this a local moderator of the Medieval AAR section, and often helps me to keep the place clean and tidy.

Kallum is a good active member with a healthy postitive attitude and he really deserves the rank. I hope you agree with me.

CvD
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: [Citizen] Kallum (Patron: Carl von Döbeln)

I was hoping to not be the first one to post to the thread, but I cannot hold back anymore.

The applicant has earned the silver in points for the AAR TotW competitions.

The AAR's are OK -- most importantly some of this is in the SCriptorium. This should indicate a bit of quality as well as volume. Ignore the Gods AAR as it seems very incomplete, but the rest are all fine sources.

I will be voting yes on this application. I hope Kallum the best. Carl's letter sums it up quite well.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

why were you hoping not to be first?

Someone should point out to the librarians all the pics are missing from those articles now...

The reasons for wanting to be a citizen don't inspire me...

Patrician

Yeah, lost pics from age is a problem with a great many older articles in the Scriptorium.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Although I don't like the reasons given for becoming a citizen, I don't think it's enough to say no in this case. If it were enough all we'd end up with is people writing BS pieces anyways and we wouldn't be any better off. I'd rather they be honest.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Civitate

Just 6 votes?

Patrician

Well the discussion post count was a bit thin as well:

Soulghast 2
    Viking Prince 2
    the Black Prince 1
    Sqυιd 1
    Яome kb8 1

Perhaps this should be reopened for further discussion and a new vote by the curator. As tBP has previously stated -- the curator can veto the decision. The Lack of sufficient CdeC activity on the matter seems an appropriate reason to ask the council for a revote after a new discussion period.

Civitate

Nah, no point. It's not the candidates fault that the CdeC couldn't be arsed to do their jobs properly and vote.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I didn't vote on this?

All the applications going on right now, would be nice if that Yes/No/Abstain thing worked like in the Curia Vote where I only see it once I've voted. I periodically re-check applications I previously assessed, but my schedule this week put this one and another to close to the deadline for a second check.

Anyways, I'd have voted Yes but for me it would have been a marginal yes. I like the quality of some of his AARs, which the medals are indicative of, and in other parts I wasn't necessarily impressed. Overall he seems to be a solid contributor in the sections of the forum he enjoys associating with, which is ultimately what it comes down to.

I'm with AL, I'm not sure how I missed this one. I do apologise.

If the Curator perhaps would like to consider mine an ALs late and belated yes votes as an alternative to reopening this one?

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Same here. It would have been a yes as well.

Alright, since nobody voted no and three people would have voted yes as well I think we can let this candidate pass. I asked Soulghast about this via PM and he agreed with me.

Passed.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.