Thread: Renaming Characters in WoTD campaign

Default Renaming Characters in WoTD campaign

The historical inaccuracies in the leaders (yes, I realize it's unfinished) and characters in the campaign irritate me. So I'm going to create the historical characters. Only one problem: When I go into the descr_strat and attempt to rename a character (say, change Antigonus Gonatas to Kassandros) it just crashes me to desktop.

Could you guys tell me the correct procedure for renaming a character?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Renaming Characters in WoTD campaign

The names haven't been changed? I haven't taken a look at all of it myself, but it seems someone's work is incomplete. About the names, it requires some interaction with descr_names, descr_names_lookup and names.txt; There is the DS Name Validator of course to check for incorrect name assignments (which is the case here), a name assigned to a character must also belong to that faction. The names are assigned to the factions in descr_names.txt

I'm sure WotD will be fixed eventually. If you could though, it would be of much greater help if you provided a complete list of names which to change. I should have enough time on my hands to edit them in for 1.07.

Alright. I've just installed patch 1.06 (Epeirote campaign wasn't workin' out too well anyway) and it looks like at least some of the names have been changed. But I'll go through and see what I can find.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

really? I changed them A LOT of time ago...I don't think it was after 1.06 release.

Anyway don't worry, in 1.07 they are correct.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

That's exactly what I was thinking, I was almost certain I already asked you to do that ages ago. Hint to other people who report bugs: Make sure you have the latest patch!

Thanks. I actually installed the most recent last night after this. I'm a fool and I apologize.

Great mod, in any case!

Game of the Fates

Don't worry, your report made me check again all the names and I still found a little old error I had never noticed, so it was luck you didn't install the latest patch!

Kassandros, king of Macedon, had the Gonatas surname. Which, obviously, is totally wrong. Now it's fixed!

Oh, cool. I noticed that.

Game of the Fates