Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter Nights 2

Default Neverwinter Nights 2

Original Post
    I didn't see a post on this, so I was wondering how many of you rpg gamers are following Neverwinter Nights 2 due sometime 2006? I've been checking the forums and it's going to be made not by Bioware but Obsidian and the Aurora engine will be getting an overhaul. Neverwinter 1 was so appealing to me as an RTS fan because of all the tactical combat combined with the abilities to interact with much of the world. Not to mention all the player created persistent worlds, which really give the game high replay ability.

The devs seem to be fairly receptive to ideas on the forums

So what do you all think should change or be added for the sequel?

Neverwinter 2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Screenshots as per requested:

Some cool lighting effects

My fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Armatus
    Some of these shots are are from a developing persistent world (about 6 months after release) so probably far more developed now if not completed.

Neverwinter
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    kind of empty looking enviroments for nwn2.

Here are some NWN1 screenshots I still have on photobucket.

Last edited by Armatus; July 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

I can't wait for this, shold be a fun game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I want screenies!!!!

I'm hoping the graphics are improved to be more like Knights of the Old Republic possibly.

Another game that I can't wait for is Baldurs Gate 3, they said they were still working on it a while back.

Oh and of course Fallout 3 since Bethesda owns the rights now. I expect after the next Elder Scrolls game that its going to come out.

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I've been looking foward to it, hope it is as good as the first one!

But NWN 1 was one of the games that I loved, but I never finished. I never got far in the campaign, I would have loved to have finished it. Aw well. Doesn't mean I didn't have a lot of fun online! (And I made my own little land, not done, but it was just as fun making a world as it was playing)

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Civis

I am so looking forward to this game. I have to ask, does anyone know any new info, there arent many updates at Gamespot about NWN2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric
    I'm hoping the graphics are improved to be more like Knights of the Old Republic possibly.

Another game that I can't wait for is Baldurs Gate 3, they said they were still working on it a while back.

Oh and of course Fallout 3 since Bethesda owns the rights now. I expect after the next Elder Scrolls game that its going to come out.
    Obsidian says graphics is definitely one of the things on the agenda. As long as they drop everything that reminds of me 80's punk victorian period crap lol!

Baldurs gate 3? I know they are making a new title called Dragon Age.

Btw do any of you play any good persistant worlds?

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

I've been following it for quite some time, since it was announced like almost a year ago, and still no screenies or whatsoever! We demand screens!

Otherwise, I think it should be a fungame. And that Feargus guy reminds me of a fatkid.

I dont play PW servers anymore, stopped playing NWN a while ago. It was fun but the PW servers never really got me into them. I'll probably try them again when NWN 2 comes out.

Also there was announcement a while back on Baldurs Gate 3: http://pc.ign.com/objects/674/674384.html

I dont play PW servers anymore, stopped playing NWN a while ago. It was fun but the PW servers never really got me into them. I'll probably try them again when NWN 2 comes out.

Also there was announcement a while back on Baldurs Gate 3: http://pc.ign.com/objects/674/674384.html
    Well there are some really good persistants world out there now. Hell my opinion is especially for a game like NWN which is so geared towards player customization that it beats paying to play an mmorpg.

Not sure if you know about this one, but it's HUGE. They actually require you to register unlike other servers out there, but that's only so they have better control of keeping the foul mouthed 14 year old punks off their servers. Which to me is a good thing.

A Land Far Away

I used to do "Chat room RPing" a while back in the 90s these servers kind of bring me back to that, lol. They are like the only games where you actually see people Roleplay.

I used to do "Chat room RPing" a while back in the 90s these servers kind of bring me back to that, lol. They are like the only games where you actually see people Roleplay.

They just added a "Role play" chat room last week, and now everyone's hanging out in it. Most of the servers listed in that category have strict rules about it. I've been on a several since where I was feeling quite OOC if you know what I mean heh. I'm not so big into HC RP as I am into HCR.

Let me know if you want and I'll pm you the server's since we are sort of getting off topic of NWN2 here. From what I understand the Neverwinter thread must be lost cus I can't find it on here.

one of my friends stols two of my CDs so i'd have to get the game off of a site, lol. and then use my key. Idk if I feel like playing that game now though.

Well back to the subject, personally I hope they do more with henchmen. Such as give you more control over them, rather than let them run wild. That's what I really liked about the original DungeonSiege game, you had flawless control over your entire party.

Most rpger's don't understand games like TW, but I'll tell you D&D was originally a game called Chain mail - I believe the reborn strategy war game that spawned today's table top varieties. AD&D however was only limited to the DM and as players advanced they gained wealth, men and possibly even a small keep or castle, eventually armies if your DM was up to the challenge of orchestrating it for you. Where I am going with this? Well I think it's high time for an RPG (especially NWN2) to start adding more RTS aspects. Would it not be completely awesome to employ your own small band of men along side your main character? It doesn't have to be on a huge scale, but to be able to hire men-at-arms that you could train in tactics, like units in total war. I'm so tired of the lack of tactics on anything more than just one single character. Most tactics of rpgs now are nothing more than who has the most hit points... anyway I think we will see more games like this take Spellforce2 for example. Although that's another topic.
    Last edited by Armatus; July 14, 2005 at 11:51 PM.

imo it should go back to BG2 where you can have complete control. Kinda like what we see now in Knights of the Old Republic. Would be cool to have 6 man parties again.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

I liked NWN and I really want to see what NWN 2 has to offer, but, people, BG2 especially the Throne of Ball expansion are the way to go. Sadly, as far as I know there's no BG3 in production...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian
    I liked NWN and I really want to see what NWN 2 has to offer, but, people, BG2 especially the Throne of Ball expansion are the way to go. Sadly, as far as I know there's no BG3 in production...
    Isn't there?

I Lost about 2 year's of my life to Neverwinter Nights ,especially the Online Rp ,and yes alot of people really get into the character's..i was one of them! ,lol ,it's seen as particularly nerdy but i had a hell of alot of fun..I'm hoping for an early 2006 release since im taking shipment of a brand spanky new pc soon..cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSparta
    I Lost about 2 year's of my life to Neverwinter Nights ,especially the Online Rp ,and yes alot of people really get into the character's..i was one of them! ,lol ,it's seen as particularly nerdy but i had a hell of alot of fun..I'm hoping for an early 2006 release since im taking shipment of a brand spanky new pc soon..cant wait!
    don't feel so bad, when I wasn't playing Medieval I spend a lot of time on DungeonSiege. Which is a great little game with some original ideas, but nothing I should have spent that long fooling with when there was Neverwinter heh. The pc I had at the time didn't have the spec to run it without terrible lag though, so I thought it sucked heh. Now I'm very into it and learning out to build a module. I would love to build a persistant world, but don't know much about scripting yet and still meeting people in the community there.

imo it should go back to BG2 where you can have complete control. Kinda like what we see now in Knights of the Old Republic. Would be cool to have 6 man parties again.
    I never played BG, but I do believe it was the game of it's day. I actually had high hopes for DungeonSiege2 which touted the ability of players to bring their entire part of now 6 characters online into multiplayer combined with 5 other players and their parties you get the picture I've heard in the beta that it was only 4 and the control over them wasn't nearly as percise as the original, but we'll see. Anyway BG3 will definitly be on my list if they make it.
    Last edited by Armatus; July 15, 2005 at 11:48 PM.

Aeneus, Seriously ,Even if you have not Played Baldur's Gate 2 till this day ,i would Highly recommend Buying it and playing...even if the Graphic's are very dated...it has the greatest Plot of any Rpg i've ever played ,and the Npc character's that join you along the way are amazingly cool and funny ,not to Mention the coolest bad guy of all time!...Jon Irenicus...his voiceover is just awesome.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast