Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [FX Mod]15Oct FX5 lite Release + Smoke and Blood info

Default [FX Mod]15Oct FX5 lite Release + Smoke and Blood info

15 Oct - FX 5 Lite Release

Ok this is a quick FX pack that basically includes a lite smoke and blood (lite1.8) that is 100% compatible with any mod and patch fixed.
    * MechDonald's Smoke and Blood lite version 1.8 - patch fixed. (Puckle lite version)
    * Warhanomars' mini map Pip-mod
    * Scivian's Tracer reduction mod.

New things and stuff from Fx4 will be ported if and when i can fix and incompatibilities and when my isp fixes the dang phone line at home so i'm not stuck on dial up speeds.

As always all thanks too Chambers and alpaca for the tools of the trade, and of course the talented mod makers listed above for there excellent game enhancements.

To Download FX5 lite Clicky Here!

Smoke and Blood 4 Info. current IS2.1 Compatabilty - Broken (i thinkz) due to 2.1.1 IS changes.
    updated 20thOctober

due to Recent and ongoing changes in IS2.1 and due to changes in latest smoke and blood structure, the latest Smoke and Blood 4 will periodically become incompatible with IS,

Smoke and Blood 4 will work but it will overwrite changes in IS2.1 projectiles such as recent naval changes.

When this occurs i recommend, either FX5 or one these two older fixed Smoke and Blood versions. For your smoke fix. I have tested them to be compatible with IS2,1 and mech has confirmed they are good post patch 1.51

Smoke and Blood lite 1.8 (fixed)*
    Smoke and Blood Full 3.1 (fixed)
    *FX5 now has 1.8 lite smoke included for your gaming convenience.

A link to Mechdonald's main smoke and Blood thread Here! (Old versions attached at end of mech's OP.)

To install FX5 place FXlite.pack in your stream/empires/data directory and use Modmanager to activate.

Old FX4
    Business/Archive.
    Post 1.5 patch and 2.1 IS Update - FX4mod is Temporary out of Commission........

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old stuff......

1.4 patch update (quickie)
    FX Mod seems to be 100% ok with the new patch, the smoke and blood (3.1 lite) included is probably the most compatible atm, until updates from IS2 projectile changes and Mech's 1.4 update are done.

Update 23/8
    a Seperate mini mod (attached to end of thread)

FX4.mod is a compilation sound and graphics fx mod merely compiled by me for Imperial Splendor2 for your convenience and contains the excellent work of these fine pple.
    * MechDonald's Smoke and Blood lite version 1.8 - patch fixed. (Puckle lite version)
    * Obushnikov's Musket and Cannon sounds.
    * pisoiasul's Atmospheric Sound Mod 1.2a
    * GeorgiaPeanuts Royal Family Mod
    * Spanky's Realistic and extremely well researched Flags. 1.2a version
    * Warhanomars' mini map Pip-mod

These are the pple to rep if you like the effects.

Temp Removed have been
    *Warhanomars' UI retexture. When TWc is more upload friendly il post a version with this back in crusader

17 August update changes
    Started a new separate a new thread for FX mod alone.
    Update fx4 uploaded i removed, tracer reduction and hud re textures ftm, added the pip mod and smoke 3.1 that somehow beyond me didn't seem to be there and bundled a no trails mini mod if pple want to loose tracers, soon as i find my version of the half tracers an il upload that s micro mod as well.
    Also i increased the compression on the files so TWC would upload it in under 5 hours (edit didnt work ), unzipping may take a little longer.

installation
    When running both IS and FX just add the this mod script line to the user_empire script you placed in the scripts folder so it looks something like this, (open with note pad, edit and save)

mod mod_Fx4.pack;
    mod "imperial splendour".pack;

etc etc

Alternatively you can use Mod Manager in which case you don't need to use any scripts.

EDIT: all downloads are in 7z format just unzip like any normal zip files first.

Old stuff temp down post 1.4

*Warning current FX4 attachment no longer compatible with is IS 2.1.USe Fx5 lite for IS2.1
    Last edited by Dogmeat; October 20, 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Default Re: [SFX Addon Mod] FX Mod 17/8 updated

Just to make sure I understand correctly... this is a combination of all of the mentioned mods so I can go ahead and delete them out?

aye correct Tilarium just note two mentioned at the end of the list have been temp removed from FX4

*Warhanomars' UI retexture.

Could you please clarify the instructions for installing the FX mod?

Just drop it into your data folder and activate with Mod Manager.

Dogmeat, can you add a reduced tracers modification? I don't like vanilla tracers, but complete removal is too much for me...

Yep Aptreus as CherryF says u enable like any other mod, any questions just post.

CherryFunk i have posted a small one line mod a version of
    Scivian's Tracer reduction mod. (on the OP )

Its the closest i can find to reducing but still keeping visible musket trails, in snow they can be hard too see but normal weather i think its a good compromise.

I still have the reduced tracers mod, here it is in case you want to included it in the mod too.

ah thnx brucelo jus hosted a mod version on the OP at the same time u posted hehe.

It certainly gets the trails right imho.

one thing if i were u id repack your version into mod format, in patch format u can cause some issues. Mod format seems to work fine for me.

Cheers anyway m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    ah thnx brucelo jus hosted a mod version on the OP at the same time u posted hehe.

It certainly gets the trails right imho.

one thing if i were u id repack your version into mod format, in patch format u can cause some issues. Mod format seems to work fine for me.

Cheers anyway m8.
    oops sorry i didnīt saw your last post, i see you included it again.

Yes i really like that version too, it gives bullets small trails, so you can see where are they going (specially nice with canister shot and ships), and donīt give anything to arrows. Because vanilla arrows with trails look incredible odd

And thanks for the tip, iīll go ahead and change the pack type to mod.

what do i have to delete from the Pack so i have no additional smoke, i forgotit ? My PC can not handle it :-/

flyin visit

the 6 lines you need to delete Croshy to remove smoke and blood are (back up 1st in case)

In Effects Folder of the FX.pack

Effects
    /landbattle.xml

and

Effects
    /blood.tga
    /blood2.tga
    /emp_humanhit_diffuse.tga
    /emp_humanhit_diffuse.tga
    /Hand.tga

BTW i use PFM 1.12 from (ModTools Forum) to delete any tables and re save the mod just in case. (u get a message when u click on tables about db editorbut hit ok and rmb that same table and u can still delete tables etc)

Probably not essential to use 1.12 if u use 1.11b but im suspicious of anythang that can cause grief.

tya very much

I downloaded the IS compatible Smoke&Blood , if I load that on top will it overwrite the included Smoke&Blood?

propably yes. Try it

(hooray, i am so helpful )

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

hi dog. can you update your version to include the version of "mod_BSM_4_Light - IS2" for Imperial Splendour.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

will do gomer when i get back to my base pc, ive been stuck in the net less sticks for the last week.....

EDIT: Arghhhhhh i dont know why bit TWC just wont upload my files, dam thing times out.

All i would suggest is delete smoke lite from FX atm and DL mechs latest Smoke n Blood made for IS.

EDIT: not much success or sense from my isp's indian call cntre help desk twc still borks at uploads,
    Last edited by Dogmeat; September 16, 2009 at 05:21 AM.

hi all,

i have a bit of a problem with the less tracer mod.

I used to run patch_notracer i believe also done by Scivian, but i thought i would try this out as well.

Here is my user.script

mod mod_lesstracer.pack;
    mod mod_NoTrails.pack;
    mod Imperial Splendour DLC Enabled.pack;
    mod Imperial Splendour.pack;
    mod mod_soundv2.pack;
    mod british_mod.pack;
    mod spain_mod.pack;
    mod french_mod.pack;
    mod realistic_flag_set_v12.pack;
    mod mod_BSM_4_Medium - IS2.pack;
    mod CannonsMod and Cannonsacc Combine.pack;
    mod TFUpdated.pack;
    mod proper_militia_v13.pack;
    mod familytreemod.pack;
    mod Jingles_Officers_mod.pack;
    mod equipment_tweak_mod.pack;
    mod diuvat_blueskies.pack;
    mouse_wheel_sensitivity 25;
    sound_file_caching true;
    mod Xbox360KZ3.pack;
    mod Xbox360KZ2.pack;
    mod Xbox360KZ.pack;
    mod lodtrickKZ.pack;
    mod americakz.pack;
    mod austriakz.pack;
    mod Britainkz.pack;
    mod denmarkkz.pack;
    mod francekz.pack;
    mod misckz.pack;
    mod netherlandskz.pack;
    mod polandkz.pack;
    mod prussiakz.pack;
    mod russiakz.pack;
    mod spainkz.pack;
    mod swedenkz.pack;
    mod kz09.pack;
    mod kz08.pack;
    mod kz07.pack;
    mod kz06.pack;
    mod kz05.pack;
    mod kz04.pack;
    mod kz03.pack;
    mod kz02.pack;
    mod kz01.pack;
    mod kz00.pack;

Unfortunately, since installing Killzone GB's empire optimized mod, I haven't gotten notrace or lesser tracers to work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brit
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Can we used FX mod on IS2.1?
    The key to problems is usually the ignition key

I've been using it, and it works flawlessly thus far.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast