Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imported Units for next version!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Imported Units for next version!

Why would they have to be unplayable?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Because the introduction of "Free People" cause CTD when you play any of Roman factions (3 slots).... I cannot understand why it happens... probably have to do with missing text

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Pergamon cannot have cataphracts because they have no access to good horses there

But yes it sounds like I should add it... But they have to be unplayable or I'd have to kick one faction out... What about kicking greeks for pergamon? Greeks are more suitable to be unplayable since they're not united!
    I agree with kicking greeks for pergamon, but then you could then add a greek aor for greece, that way if you conquer sparta or athens as a specific faction(s)you could get spartan or athenian hoplites. And by the way, the Kataphracts come from seleuceid setllers from the eastern part of their empire, and if they dont have Kataphracts, then they atleast should have Hetairoi, wich come from the Makedonian settlers.I also believe that one of the founding prinicples of you're mod was that it added a few what if things, and it is possible that pergamon had kataphracts, as they mimicked the seleucid military machine and copied their best features such as hetairoi, kataphrcts, hypaspists, and the phlangists. Not to mention that they were a satrapy for a few years of the seleucids, so they had a seleucid influence, but the satrap was pracitaccly an auto-whatever king. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163514

I hope you like my reasoning

Why don't you create a provincial campaign where the Greek faction is Pergamon? That would solve the faction slot deficiency problem.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

that could work, but i like my idea better

I would use more Ferres units instead of Variag. I think Ferres are superior not to say that they are full factions.

Heh...

that could work, but i like my idea better
    If by "Like My Idea Better" you mean "I Like an Unbalanced Macedon" then yes.

That would take a lot of fun out of playing any factions on the Balkan peninsula. But if AqD creates provincial campaigns, then that solves the problem (if you want to play as Greece, play as Greece. If you don't mind a dead zone in Hellas, play as Pergamon).

There could be one for Epeiros, too.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    I would use more Ferres units instead of Variag. I think Ferres are superior not to say that they are full factions.
    Ferres' skins are of higher resolutions but he made only the most typical units not others, and they look uniform - which I want to avoid, while variagmod units cover a much wider range (20+ for one faction) and variaties.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Why don't you create a provincial campaign where the Greek faction is Pergamon? That would solve the faction slot deficiency problem.
    no... it requires re-order of descr_sm_factions.txt to make one faction playable again. Now I just cannot make the first 3 slots playable.

oh and epirus... I guess I should try to fix the bug instead of kicking out factions
    Last edited by AqD; August 18, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Haha, I guess.

Game of the Fates

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do it...... RTRPE failed it too, but vanilla RTW could work with senate being superfaction of itself (but somehow romans still receive missions ).

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

You could kick numidia...
    But the greek also sound good.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do it...... RTRPE failed it too, but vanilla RTW could work with senate being superfaction of itself (but somehow romans still receive missions ).
    Could you please summarize what the problem is? Perhaps I could have some clue to help you. After all, 77BC: Twilight of the Republic was developed on top of RTRPE and all the factions are playable...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Could you please summarize what the problem is? Perhaps I could have some clue to help you. After all, 77BC: Twilight of the Republic was developed on top of RTRPE and all the factions are playable...
    I moved the britons ("Free People") to the 4th slot in descr_sm_factions.txt, and make it a superfaction to itself. And then the first 3 factions (Romans) give error-less CTD after loading the campaign, before showing the map. It worked just fine until I made the superfaction. I tested it in vanilla RTW but there is no such problem, although the romans still receive missions from the senate which is no longer theirs...

Why do the Free People need to be a superfaction?

Game of the Fates

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

So they don't expand and other factions don't go to war against them. They're used to hold useless regions in Pontic Steppe, Central Asia, Arabia, and Sahara.

Ah, I see.

Game of the Fates

Very interesting. Well, calll me when you get it fixed so i can Beta test it when it becomes availible for beta testing.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

hmmm I don't think I can fix it..... Either 3 factions are moved to unplayable, or I add enough real factions to replace Free People....

So they don't expand and other factions don't go to war against them. They're used to hold useless regions in Pontic Steppe, Central Asia, Arabia, and Sahara.
    I am sure that you have your reasons, but I have to ask: Why not use the slave faction for this purpose and add a border region that disables the ability of the AI factions to see these regions?
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 19, 2009 at 04:29 PM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

they need to be able to make trade, and player could still expand into those areas later

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast