Thread: Pistols

Laetus

Icon4 Pistols

Hello honourable members of the twc community

there are many mods most of which are very good

quite a few of these are new units

but very few units in the game (vanilla or modded) use pistols which were very popular particularly amoungst melee units, caverly, officers and naval personel.

i would like to see som units and officers of units using pistols they would be fast to reload but low in range

im not sure if its possible since im not a modder but if someone would make a mod like this you would have my gratitude and of many other people

thank you

Default Re: Pistols

It's possible if you can get someone to do it for you or you could do it yourself.

Laetus

thats what i put it up here for because i cant realy mod so i thought i would put it up here and hoped that a modder would see it and make a mod of it

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

The right place to get started for modding and ask about tutorials and help is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=651

I'd really like to see some units using pistols more often. Cavalry, as you mentioned, for example. Unfortunately what you can do now is swap animation types only and the game only knows so much animation types. For instance there is an "sword_pistol" animation for officers which could be assigned to infantry. But cavalry? I doubt it because cavalry uses different sword animations than the officers. Obviously.

Guess we have to wait for modding tools until we can change animations directly, insert new ones and so on.
    Last edited by GODzilla; August 14, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

all captains of infantry units seem to carry a pistol. it does not have the range of a rifle so they only fire it when the enemies are closer. Looked quite awesome when my captain shot a man from his horse with his pistol while his men where still reloading since this made it clear it was his kill.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

hehe caverly
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    The right place to get started for modding and ask about tutorials and help is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=651

I'd really like to see some units using pistols more often. Cavalry, as you mentioned, for example. Unfortunately what you can do now is swap animation types only and the game only knows so much animation types. For instance there is an "sword_pistol" animation for officers which could be assigned to infantry. But cavalry? I doubt it because cavalry uses different sword animations than the officers. Obviously.

Guess we have to wait for modding tools until we can change animations directly, insert new ones and so on.
    thanks godzilla thats nice and helpful but i agree CA havent been too keen to release the modding tools they should release them soon since the games been out for quite a while now