Thread: How will battles be?

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default How will battles be?

I'm just wondering how battles will play in RS2.0

My personal preference for battles would be a lot harder to kill people, but a lot easier to rout people than in RS1.5 Kinda like how EB was. I only played a couple of battles of EB because I got sick of the megalag and load times, but I found that holding a huge line at a standstill and only killing about 100 of the enemy before I rolled up the flanks, sending 2000 men running back before they could be surrounded. It just seemed real.

So... How will RS2 battles go?
    I like pie.

jnabb22's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How will battles be?

im sure they'll play very good
    The mind is everything. What you think you become- Buddha
    Requiescat in Pace Calvin

the battles work in a very similar way to 1.5. I.E. group (A) approaches group (B) both armed with pointy sharp things, then Violence and bloodletting ensues.

No really, yes it is now generally harder to kill, but also morale has been tweaked as well, its all about tactics now, i find flank attacks wear the enemy down quite well.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Battles are generally slower and missiles have less lethality. We're still making minor tweaks, but things are pretty good overall.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Brilliant, just what I wanted to here after massacring a whole army of gaul with archers last night on RS1.5 and then having the units of 20-30 men still charge into my front line
    I like pie.