Thread: HELP!!!

Default HELP!!!

I installed R&P on my Medieval 2 area but it turned out it wasn't mod-foldered so when I un-installed it I looked into my data area and most of my stuff has gone!

Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP!!!

The original medieval2 install hasn't got many folders in the data folder to start with: fmv, sounds, cursor and world is all that is in the data folder if my memory serves me right. And those you have got. So no reason to panic.
    Which R&P version were you using?

Now if you had some custom folders in there that the old R&P mod was writing into, then chances are that they might be lost. Especially if the mod overwrote previously modded files.

I installed M2TW, then patch 1.2 then R&P version 2.5 after I un-installed it all the text files seem to be missing, because when I went on grand Campaign it said chose something from the list.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I am awfully sorry, but I can't help too much there. Irishron will know more about that version.

By the sound of it, something got missing from your world folder, probably your imperial_campaign folder. If you have nothing else (no other mod) installed in medieval2, then I would recommend a re-install.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

What mods do you have installed including this one? Please give version numbers if you know them.

R & P 2.5 is modfoldered. Gigantus helped me with that one. Version 2.46 and older are not modfoldered but have more folders than that.

I didn't install anything apart from version 2.5, then I said I'd rather stick with Vanilla so I clicked on the un-install icon and It un-installed all the text files plus the UI as well I think and I can't re-install as I have lost my Disc 2.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Version 2.5 is fully modfoldered. There is nothing left in vanilla. Giganus was giving me a bad time because the installer is over 200mb. If I didn't modfolder it, it'd go back down to about 145mb. You got it someplace else, not this mod.