Thread: NAPOLEONIC REVISING--UPDATE--

Icon14 NAPOLEONIC REVISING--UPDATE--

So, I was always interested in napoleonic mods for ETW and there are some really great ones out there (OneManShow's napoleonic mod for starters) but they always used the euro_late_riflemen model wich is still cool, however, I have always wanted to see a french fusilier in a lancer model because the "shako" is more accurately scaled to the actual soldiers headwear than the euro_late_riflemen's hat thing (there are still some dimensional flaws regardless)

I did some reading and ask a lot of stupid questions and decided to go for it myself and this is what I got...(i also did a historically accurate officer from the 32nd french fusiliers of foot.)

I just wanted to get a second party perspective here so tell me what you think. If the feedback sounds good then maybe ill make a whole unit conversion for all factions of the napoleonic era.

keep in mind that these are rough sketched skins exclusively for demonstration purposes that I will eventually polish for the guys with the high performance comps, so there stricly for conceptual purposes.

also, I use a laptop and im new with screenshots so I apologize for the quality in advance.

THANKS TO

OneManShow (napoleonic mod, check it out) for the inspiration and the thought provoking conversations.

EmperorBatman999 for answering some of those stupid questions with patience and lightning quick replys! also for advice and ideas. rep him for his beautiful MUM1.1 mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276153

and many many more who will receive credit in due time.

Attachment 51643

Attachment 51644

Attachment 51645

Attachment 51646

Here is the upload link.
    Feel free to give me some advice and pointers.

much thanks guys

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QCHWOK3

p.s.

I have not done flag bearers or drummers yet.
    battalion flags not included nor is the tighter formations.
    Last edited by LEMONAIDS; October 02, 2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Default Re: NAPOLEONIC REVISING--UPDATE--

these are more accurate (for the french faction atleast), but your making the same mistake as oms did with his mod : 're not using a .normal file with the dkins, which is why they look like toy soliders. Add a normal file and these will be amazing:
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

I have tried using a normal.dds but there was no difference and I cant figure out why.
    Ill go through right now and add normals to all.
    Last edited by LEMONAIDS; August 12, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

There really good, but i also suggest putting your graphics up when you take the screen shot, even if the lag is horrible

rep+

alright
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

this looks really cool. IF you ever want to do the British let me know. I could help with reaserch.
    HISTORIAN: THE FRONTIER

Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob