Thread: Early strategy help in the Ukraine...

Icon9 Early strategy help in the Ukraine...

Hello... I followed the instructions on the "reinstallation help" thread and have played the game again.

Recently, I started a game as the Poles (on Easy/Easy) and have faced a problem - perpetual rebellion in the Ukraine! I seem to be quite unpopular in most of my eastern cities, and I'm not sure just how to alleviate the problem - lowering taxes and recruiting militia doesn't seem to do the job. I can retake the cities after they revolt, but then they just go into civil unrest and then revolt again! What am I to do? Does anybody have any advice regarding this?

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Early strategy help in the Ukraine...

Had the same problem and my cities kept on joining the Cossacks as well. I eventually established order through perseverance. The Russians are annoying as well but at least you have Lithuania. I have no suggestions other than just the basic try to hold on to everything. Other annoying thing is that most of those settlements have low populations as well, so slaughtering them does not really help. What I think I did was mainly ignore all the settlements that rebelled and went for the main Cossack settlements, which if not entirely defeating them at least stalled them from becoming a major threat and they seem a little bit easier to hold onto.

hello.

I am not an expert playing with Poland or Lithuania, I usually play with European or Cossack factions (moreover, recently, I was not playing much)

... but I played a mini-campaign with Poland, and advise you from that experience of mine, your effort center to take care in cities of the west ( Lublin, Varshava, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Elblag, Chelmno... all these), the basin of the Vistula (I think that is the Vistula, for her towns that surround it). In the cities of the East, well, give them no respite fight, but neither will obsessions with them, if you lose any, well take it easy, can retrieve later ... The flourishing cities of the west more quickly (in economia, more than anything) and less trouble... To me, each general (character named) appeared to me, sent him to a city in the west.

I hope you will help

EDIT:

... hummm. Try to create two great armys, one in the west and the other in the Prusia region... remember, how in all TW games, the citys with sea ports generate more money... maybe you must think in a war with Prusia, her cities are very much richest...

greetings
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; August 13, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

delete
    Last edited by Champagne Gold; November 22, 2011 at 02:09 AM.