Thread: HOW TO SUCCEED WITH PYRRHOS?

Default HOW TO SUCCEED WITH PYRRHOS?

Ok....i did it once about a year ago, but i'm having difficulty mounting a successful campaign with Pyrrhos...any suggestions? does someone have a step by step guide on things to do? it just seems ridiuclous that i can conquer a few cites and still be in the negative........help!!!!

Default Re: HOW TO SUCCEED WITH PYRRHOS?

First turn queue up ports and the third level barracks in Tarentum. Recruit at least one unit of slingers in Ambracia. Destroy Mus and then either continue to smash the Romans or attack the Roman Rebels. Conserve your forces as much as you can. If you get in the negative, continue attacking cities. You have to blitz at least the first several turns. Once you have Magna Graecia, you should start to turn a profit.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

silentsam74's Avatar Civis

Default Re: HOW TO SUCCEED WITH PYRRHOS?

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    You have to blitz at least the first several turns. Once you have Magna Graecia, you should start to turn a profit.
    Thats a key point there. I tried unlocking and playing a campaign with the indie greeks so I'm sure the Epirus provincial is a little different. I think I took three roman cities in one turn with Pyrrhus. The key is the starting unit of elephants. It is imperative that they and their 'gate breaking' abilities survive thereby reducing the need to wait turns for siege equipment to be developed.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides