Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hardcoded limits

Default Re: Hardcoded limits

I believe there needs to be one egyptian and one eastern culture, but I could be wrong. They're some of the only cultures explicitly mentioned in the .exe... I'm not entirely certain if a faction needs to be assigned to them however.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Can someone tell me what the different hardcoded limits are for RTW, BI and Alex for the dmb and the edu files.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Can someone tell me what the different hardcoded limits are for RTW, BI and Alex for the dmb and the edu files.

Thanks
    I believe Rome and Bi have the same hardcoded limits as does the medieval II and its expansion.

500 entries in the EDU, 255 in DMB. Alex has more than 330 DMB slots, cant recall how many though.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

There is a limit for cost of buildings. 64,000 works, but not 96,000 (become very small/weird numbers).
    ________
    Herb vaporizers
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Probably 65,535 will be the limit.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    I thought 64 is the maximum number allowed. What exactly caused the incertainty?
    It seems 63 is the maximum for hidden resources.

Since i removed one hidden_resource (hr) from my former used 64 in the latest ChivTW version, the campaign is finally 100 % stable again.

Prior to this: Campaign-ctd while end_turn runs, in the later campaign turns (ca. after 50-60 turns, and focused on one faction).
    I can't explain it to myself under which circumstances, but it seems that one of the 64 hr's causes a repeating ctd, if active/initial used by AI or player.

At least i have no other explanation for the suddenly 100% crash free campaign with a test of 198 turns (and i expect no crash after such an amount of crash-free turns), while it prior to the reduction always crashed, equal with which faction playtested and latest after ca. 100 turns.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 01, 2008 at 09:08 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    It seems 63 is the maximum for hidden resources.
    I was under the impression that 64 was the limit but one must be the rome hidden resource. This effectively gives you 63 to play with.

If the hidden resource was the issue it would probably ctd at game start, wouldn't it? Maybe that hidden resource was linked to sth else?

EDIT: Rome isn't necessary in 1.5/1.6 actually, unless it is "needed" by the game after a given turn or when Marius occurs or some other hardcoded thing. But I have Heg's beta run just fine without it.
    Last edited by Aradan; September 01, 2008 at 09:19 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Correct, hr rome isn't necessary, exactly as Aradan pointed out (for the Senate/Marius classic system only). I have no rome hr, too.

Aradan, it doesn't ctd with 64 hr's in place ( without the rome hr though ) at the game start, because the hr's have to be adressed first in campaign by factions via edb to be active for the engine overall*, so if buildings/properties haven't reached this 64th hr, then it works ctd-free, and just crashes if this hr is adressed, obviously ... is at least my explanation.

*same thing as with typos in ill-coded events and certain other coding mistakes, which cause those repeating ctd's in the campaign and not at the start.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 01, 2008 at 10:19 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

i believe i found a new Hardcoded limit.

Through experiementation i discovered that when you add the 200th unit to be recruitable by one said playable faction, the game automatically CTD's whenever you press the Recruit Button on the Campaign Map.

[REL] Ig's Barbarian Culture Texture Pack V1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post3654949

You mean 200 units to be recruited for the battlefield or the number of troops avaible in the roster?

Some posts above Aradan says that Alex has more than 300 DMB. So it's advisable to use the Alex exe to add more troops to the DMB txt file? Does Alex.exe works as BI? (I mean for mods)

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I think he means if any faction is able to recruit at least 200 units from EDU (i.e. at least 200 different units recruitable by any one faction) in EDB.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Yah I figured that one a while back but who needs to recruit that much units. Thats just staggering.

Unless it just so happened that the 200th unit recruitable was also the 32th one in the same settlement, in which case we go back to the old up-to-31-units-per-settlement CTD...

Oh well 200 unit types are really too much. Who would ever need and which are could ever had such many types.

For my other question about Alex.exe?

Alex doesn't have some capabilities that BI has, like hording, shadowing, swimming, shield-wall etc - though it does have some nice perks of its own, including larger DMB space, custom generals, faction-specific mercs and improved AI (though the latter isn't easy to prove). So, it's a trade-off, depending on what you want for a mod. Mods that are designed for BI are rarely compatible with Alex and the otehr way around.

You have enlighted me. I hope I am not very demanding if I ask for a complete list of things the two have to be 100% sure of what I get and what I lose chosing one or another.

And another thing. What would you choice? Bi or Alex?

Depends on the mod actually. if you want to have saxons and vikings, you will probably go for BI and shield-wall, if you want immortal characters, phalanxes and custom general models, you'll go for Alex. I can't decide this or that... Ideally, CA should have released updated .exe files supporting all features for all 3 games, but that's just wishful thinking.

See HERE for the most complete guide I know on the subject.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Ideally, CA should have released updated .exe files supporting all features for all 3 games, but that's just wishful thinking.
    *Sigh, if I had a pound for every time I thought the same ..