Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hardcoded limits

Default Re: Hardcoded limits

what i mean is.. in game battle.. the number of units.. I want to increase them in numbers.. instead of having just a few.. i want to have around 100 troops in one unit

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Like i said set the unit scale to huge in the options setting in game, small setting is 20 soldiers in a roman unit, normal 40, large 80, huge 160. That is the only way to make that increaase, the max unit size you can set in export_descr_unit.txt is 60. This is scaled up or down depending on what unit scale you have the game set on.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

There appears to be a hard-coded limit of 165 events (tested in BI 1.6 only).
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Added 2 more levels to port_building caused KTM withour error reported when quitting. Found out when I tried to add warport and warharbour levels (in BI 1.6)

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

someone know limit for resources (not hidden resource) ?
    how to add a new one ? (link to a tutorial)
    thanks §
    Hegemonia's historian, coder, skinner, 2D work... and all the rest too !!

Laetus

i dont get it , so is it possible to ajust and change to change tha stats of how many you want ?
    and what does tha threshold do ?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Hmm it seems the max ammo for onager is about 100. I set it to 600 but it runs out of ammo after destroying the gate and tower, and one wall (epic stone wall)
    ________
    WETDREAMZ live
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

export_descr_buildings.txt
    Hidden resources: Min 1?, max 63 or 64 (not sure which).
    I thought 64 is the maximum number allowed. What exactly caused the incertainty?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by strikerjd View Post
    someone know limit for resources (not hidden resource) ?
    how to add a new one ? (link to a tutorial)
    thanks §
    You cannot add any extra resources to the sm_resources.txt file, the number that are in there (23?) is the limit. In vanilla I believe 3 are unused, so you can use those for any new resources you want before having to replace an existing one.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: Hardcoded limits (Missile Ammo)

I just wanted to update everyone. Missile ammo minimums had been reported up till now as a minimum of 2 (unless I missed it in my searching of the topics). I am successfully playing 1 unit with 1 pilum. So, I would say that the minimum can be 1. Perhaps it depends on the missile type...
    IBRR Fanatic

But do they actually have 1 in game?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    But do they actually have 1 in game?
    Good Question...I believe so, but my main concern up till now has been if it crashes with 1, as has been reported. I'm at work now, so I'll have to check it tonight and post the results as soon as I do.
    IBRR Fanatic

I do not think the game allows less than 2-3 volleys; but some projectiles are different as to the min. limits iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I do not think the game allows less than 2-3 volleys; but some projectiles are different as to the min. limits iirc.
    You are correct there with the volleys, but many times not all members of a unit fire or are able to fire their missile weapon. So, if say, 1/2 the unit throws, and then the other half fires, does that count as 2 volleys or 1? When I check this out, I'm going to focus on 1 soldier only and see if he fires just the 1 or 2.

The volleys question is why I'm pretty sure it's allowing 1, because in my tests, the entire unit hasn't thrown at once. But I'm glad you keyed me into that, so I can watch it more carefully.
    IBRR Fanatic

Icon10 Re: Hardcoded limits

It's Confirmed! The game allows 1 Pilum. I watched several times and got 1 FULL volley each time I tested, with all missiles thrown on the 1 volley. Afterwards, the animation BRIEFLY showed the soldiers with Pila in hand, then it immediately transferred to the sword.

I feel confident in the lower limit for Pila to be 1.
    IBRR Fanatic

One thing that you don't got: in descr_sm_factions all cultures have to be used by at least one faction. Now, a question at this respect, somebody knows all the maximums/minimums? because I think that I've added to too much factions the barbarian culture.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I don't think there's a maximum to the allowed factions per culture... What makes you think you've added too many of them?!

Quote Originally Posted by AveCaesar View Post
    It's Confirmed! The game allows 1 Pilum. I watched several times and got 1 FULL volley each time I tested, with all missiles thrown on the 1 volley. Afterwards, the animation BRIEFLY showed the soldiers with Pila in hand, then it immediately transferred to the sword.

I feel confident in the lower limit for Pila to be 1.
    intesting...have you tested the BI francisca too?

Aradan, and there is a minimum for eastern factions? because I've left only with one, and now I'am getting CTD when deleting the map.rwm. Its possible that the sassanids have some unbreakable link with the eastern culture?

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

No, I don't think there is any limit whatsoever regarding cultures and factions. You can have a culture defined in descr_cultures and no factions using it, and you can certainly swap factions around in any culture you want.

My best guess is that you've missed sth while swapping culture. If you have any tutorials about culture swapping/creation, then have a look for anything that you might have overlooked.