Thread: Specific colours (flags) for specific units

Default Specific colours (flags) for specific units

I was just looking at the mod threads and there seems to be hundreds of unique units but what i thought was missing were the individual's unit colours. If I remember correctly, each unit had their own specific flag to identify themselves other than their uniforms. I think adding another banner carrier holding the unit specific colour would enhance the gameplay experience. Would modders be able to do this?

Voice your thoughts and opinions.

Default Re: Specific colours (flags) for specific units

Yeah! CA really dropped the ball badly over the unit distinctions. Its a real shame.

Moved to Wips, Ideas, and Proposals.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

This is a really good idea, it would definitely improve the game, but i seem to recall reading a discussion ,a short while ago, on this very subject. Hopefully im wrong, but i think they tried to do it and found there was something that prevented the use of more than one flag bearer.
    Last edited by shindigero; August 11, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Quote Originally Posted by shindigero View Post
    This is a really good idea, it would definitely improve the game, but i seem to recall reading a fairly discussion ,a short while ago, on this very subject. Hopefully im wrong, but i think they tried to do it and found there was something that prevented the use of more than one flag bearer.

This is true, as things stand only one flag can be used for all

I have also looked into it and its seems like a dead end.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

damn that sucks. It would've been cool.

What I would have expected CA to do given the period being covered by ETW is include a facility so that individual regiments could be modelled accurately for each unit. This would have been simple enough to achieve by extending the function that allows the player to edit the Units Name with options that allow the player to select from a list of Uniform Styles, Coat Colour, Waistcoat Colour, Breeches Colour, Gaiter Colour and Facing Colour plus the ability to import a flag design.

This would have given players the option to tailor their armies to represent favourite regiments and units of the period, or simply to make up their own army styles and would have added immensely to the replay value of the game. Especially, of the tables of uniform styles and colours was available to modders to add new options.

There were rhumours that they were going to have a uniform customiser. It would have made the games replay so much better. Really,really,really wish theyd done it.