Thread: The Journey of Karo to Graduation

Default The Journey of Karo to Graduation

Ok so I'm making this blog for a couple of reasons
    1. to keep me motivated and gives me a real goal to reach(about this I'll talk later)
    2. well this will be a place were I keep things a little bit organized
    3. You guys can give me advise when I up

But I still haven't told about what I'm going to be writing. The thing I'm going to write about is my schoolworks and the progress during the school year. I've put my self three goals:
    1. I've got one exam that I've got to retake(herexamen if you speak dutch )
    2.I want to pass all my courses next year
    3.I want to have 70% or something above that grade

Let me tell you a little about my situation, I'm an Armenian living in Belgium. I left Armenia almost 11 years ago. And when I arrived here I had to go to school, there I was one year older than the rest of my class. And in the second year of high school I had to repeat my year. So now I'm two years older than the rest of the class. And that is also the reason I'm in m last year of High school.
    I'm an Economic modern Language student, yeah I know doesn't sound really interesting. But I love economy and I'm good at it but there is one problem and it's called French I stink at it and I mean really stink at it. forget to tell that's also the exam I've got to retake on 20th of august. And it will not only be school but also things that happen in school that I think is funny or interesting.

I hope you guys follow as it goes along and see me graduate from high school and give advice when it's needed and push me when it's needed.

PS: I'm going to try to be as honest as I can on this blog.

Default Re: The journey of Karo to graduation

First post on my blog

Got a week left till my exam and I feel like things are going to work quit well and I'll pass the damn thing. You can't imagine how boring it is to be studying during the holidays. Really this is the last time I want to have to re take on of my exams during the holidays.

I started memorizing everything from all of the irregular verbes, regular verbes(stuff like Acheter in every temps et modes) yeah I know it sucks big time. I know there is not much fun things to mention because it's about school and the only thing I can mention is about French(which sucks, I really hate that course I really do)

One really cool thing happen while I was with my tutor today, so she's watching her sons cat while he and his girlfriend are making a road trip through America. So the cat was outside and she is scared that the cat will run away(it's also an expansive cat, they have imported it from Romania) And she was in the neighbors garden eating some grass she starts yelling at the cat to come back. The cat didn't even move it's head to look at her. But I do a psspspspss sound and ct starts running to me. How cool is that.

Except for that not much cool things happened have been studying l' emploi des modes. I want to finish with memorizing everything before Tuesday. And tommorow there will be no new post by me because I'll be hitting the clubs. Can't wait for it let's hope some nice girls will be there.

It has been 10 days since I posted here but I've been busy. So I've told you guys about the exam I had. This whole week I've worked very hard.

So let me start from the beginning. The days before the exam I've been working very hard, working my ass of to pass the exam. Many hours of my day went into it. But I've got to tell it was worth it. The day before the exam, the day of the exam and the day after I was very nervous. I was so nervous on the exam that I had some cramps in my muscles. They disappeared when my teacher called and told me I had passed the test and go to my last year. The best news I heard in a very long time.

After I heard the news I went out and celebrated with my close friends. But there was one drunk who managed to ruin everything. That's why I hate people who drink too much, the guy was a friend of ours and he still was searching for a fight. The only reason why we didn't beat him up was because we respect his girlfriend a lot.

And Saturday we had a BBQ with friends from school it was very nice. The meat wasn't that great, it was bought prepared and wasn't done with your own loving hands.(if you don't understand what I mean I'll post pics from the BBQ we are going to have next week: an Armenian khorovadz). Thank god the company wasn't bad or it would have failed. The party I mean lol
    The 20 cigars me and my friend smoked and the swimming pool were the greatest parts of the party. And today was a day to rest and just chill.

I'll update when I receive my letter from school. And also whe i got my books for next year.

Well I have had the best couple of days, watched all of the episodes of how I met your mother(very awesome show can't wait to see the next season) and hung out with my friends. But tonight I heard very bad news, and I mean bad. Ruined every thing for me, left me empty inside. I'll tell what this thing was later.

Ok a little more about school, got 2 hours of school tomorrow. And than going to a have some lunch at a friends house and go hang out a little.
    I know this blog entry sucks ass but I'm in no condition to write so I'll write tomorrow when I'm home.

I know that the last entry was not good. The reason why it's in such a bad shape is because I was mad, hurt and depressed. I'm still all of those things but now I'm also ready to work towards my future. Something more about that later on in my post.

First I want to talk about the first day of school. Because it was the first day of school, school started at 10.20 and lasted till 12.00. Wasn't that bad have to say. The first part we got some info about some new project at our school. The project name is Icarus, the school is trying to teach us to be independent and work on our own. The first 5 years there was something called study, we could stay at school and prepare for our tests or make our home work. The study was between 4 and 6.30, except the Wednesday and Friday than it was 13.25 till 4 or 4.30 till 6.00. But this year things changed, we don't have any more study. Everyone has to go home and to his work there, with this the school is trying to prepare us for the years that are coming. And if you want to use the computer at school you have to make an online reservation two weeks before the day you need it. And with that they want to teach us how we can plan our work and not do everything on the last day. I think this is a very good thing they have going on at our school. And I hope it will work like they have planned.
    Than there is the second part, we went to our class with our teacher( in dutch he's called klastitularuis he's basically the person who's responsible that our planning is correct and we fill our agenda correctly and he's also our economics teacher) he give us our agenda and told our class schedule and who our other teachers are. I've got some great teachers but more about them later.

Now I want to talk about my future, after hearing some of the worst news I've heard in my whole life I decided what I want to do with my life after I'm our of high school. If you would have asked what I would do when I'm graduated I would say something in the branch of economics. But now things have changed and I decided after next year I'm going to pol and soc(political and social sciences) that's a faculty at the university of Gent and I believe that is where my future is. Things can change, but this is the first time I'm happy with my decision and it is also something I love and see myself doing later on.

And last I want to let you know what kind of classes I got tomorrow. Tomorrow is a half day that means I got school till 12.00 and I got 4 classes. The first two classes are English and than there is a break after the break it's dutch and after that it's physical education. Not a bad day if you ask me. And tomorrow is officially the first day that I have classes.

School has been going on for a week now and all this time I've been forgetting updating this thread. I'm not joking I've been forgetting it every time. Have been busy with school also so ed up things in my life outside of school. Some love troubles, but I'll not bother you with that.

So like I said the first of week of school is done, and I've got to say it's not that bad. During the summer when I was thinking about school I was thinking about some kind of a hell hole but now I see it's not that bad. However it's still the first week and many things can change.

Now let me talk about the school work right now it's very little work but in a week or two I'll have more than enough work. Tomorrow I've got my first test, it's a little English test. I guess it will be fine and I'll pass without trouble. Tomorrow morning I'll wake up a little earlier so that I can repeat the things I need to know for the test.

A little about the classes I have. There is a funny thing, with out knowing I'm following drama club and on the end of the year we got a play. Economy is really interesting this year and I've got high exceptions for it. I mean with m grades. And there is very good news, last year my French teacher was one of the hardest teachers to have for French. When there was a test it was very difficult, a very difficult exam. And the things we needed to study was more than the other classes. However this year we got a new teacher and I've heard that it's much easier with him. The chances of me passing this class have gone up a lot.

The rest of my works need lots of work, and I mean a lot. In science we are learning about DNA, in history.. that's the only one that doesn't need any extra work. But for the rest I need to work to reach my goals and I'm ready to work my ass of.

Tomorrow is a half day, I've got 4 classes so that will be done soon and I can work a little and after that relax can't wait. The only problem is gym it's training for 5000m. You've read it wright 5 km. The problem is that this summer I didn't work out at all and I'm very much out of shape and this will be very hard. And that's an understatement. I'll try to update this thread tomorrow let's hope I wont forget it.