Thread: Alexander the great's successors

Default Alexander the great's successors

I'm really looking for a book on the above subject. Can anyone point me into the right direction. Cheers

Lord_of_War's Avatar Libertus

Im sorry to say, i dont belive he had any....... well he did but they were un important and hardly any information on them is around.
    Want to know more about fellow Romans? Find our thread in the history forum and join today!

Yeah, of course, Ptolemy, Seleukos, Antigonos and Kassander weren't important ^^

I asked the same question a while ago at the org. I'll see if I may find anything for you.

Lord_of_War's Avatar Libertus

They werent that important or everyone would know them like they do the man himself.
    Want to know more about fellow Romans? Find our thread in the history forum and join today!

They must be fairly important. Why would RTW feautre at least 4 of them in the Game???

Bevan wrote two books, one on the Ptolemys and one on the Seleucids, the latter being one of the only major treatises on their politics rather then their coinage. Another female author wrote the first book on Lysimachus, and there are a good many books on Cassander, Antipater, and Antigonus... even Hiero. I recommend Barnes and Nobles dot com (www.bn.com).