Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Most likely that Cyrus sent a lone general and killed your full stacks of armies... XD
    Abit tired now...

Times are changing, small kingdoms are destroyed if not leaded, but the war itself is inevitable. It's like trade, there are always someone willing to do it. Look at Kingdom of Armenia, almost destroyed if not someone will not step into it. War between Turks and ERE is the thing that most matters now for Jerusalem. One of the last christian kingdoms in middle east to stoping Turkish onslaught. Vicious and hard battle are being fought in Anatolia. Thousands of men die, but it shall end here.

Kingdom of Heaven and Eastern Roman Empire have declared everlasting alliance against our common threats. Recently invaded Armenia is once again freed from the Turks. Two of their generals killed in battle. Now Armenia is safe. Like almost eighty years ago, when Emperor of Romans came to ask help from Pope and now,like then, Crusaders and Baldwin gladly accepted and once again knights are battling in Anatolia. Ayubbids already suffered unfortunate fate and Turks will too if the will not come to their senses. I offered peace to Ayubbids many times and they rejected it, but it isn't too late for Turkish Sultan, you can choose war or peace, it's your choice or I shall battle till your Sultanate is destroyed. What say you Turks?
    Last edited by Commander Ruunu; October 05, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Now the Seljuks are allied to the Turks, the Sultanate of Ghazni and the Kypchaks.

The Turks have been made a modest gift - the first of a variety of aid to start coming their way. Our outposts now are not too far from Edessa, but hopefully we will have no need to get involved in these lands. If the Firangee want to reclaim their Holy Sites, the new Seljuk Sultan shall not interfere with this, as long as his Turkish allies are left alone.

And speaking of the new Seljuk Sultan, here is a brief introduction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Having negotiated a border treaty with the Shah of Khwarezm, may his rule be long and prosperous, Tegin Toghrul immediately travelled to Damghan to inspect the new addition to his father's lands. His servants had barely put up his yurt, when a messenger rushed in, and bowed in front of him.
    - My Sultan, I have grave tidings from the West.
    - Wait, how did you adress me?
    - I bow to you as my Sultan, wisest one! Your father lies dead.

Toghrul smiled for a second, his heart jumping, but then a grave thought crossed his dark mind and he asked.
    - But what about his favorite Atabeg, that Shams, the Ajami?
    - Dead as well, your majesty - he died bravely in battle, fighting like a true lion.

For a prince, who grew up in riches and who was marked since early childhood to be a ruler one day, there is nothing more detestable than a simple peasant, who had worked his way from the orphanage to become the Atabeg of Tabriz and Mosul. Not only did he have to put up with his father's whims of appointing commoners to important positions, but he, the destroyer of the Georgian infidels, the conqueror of Daylam, had to suffer being compared to this Persian from Balkh, who some claimed was a greater warrior than him. But now they were both gone - his hesitant father and his protege, and he was the Sultan, finally, with nothing in his way.

But first things first - the former Seljuk vassals the Abbasids will need to be put in their place, and he had to avenge his father's death, for otherwise he would be deemed weak. Orders were quickly issued, and soon the messages from Mesopotamia started arriving:
    - A certain Yusuf Ibn Isa, deemed most responsible for the old Sultan's death, has been defeated, and his army destroyed to a single man...
    - The last remnants of the once mighty Abna corpse are now but a memory...
    - The new Tegin has sunk an Abbasid fleet, his ships now blockading Basra, and ready to storm the city in the summer...
    - Anbar has been captured by a band of Turcomans, who raised everything to the ground as the new Sultan had ordered...
    - Wasit has been recaptured by a group of Omani mercenaries, who hate the Abbasids more than anything else on Earth and who raised the settlement to the ground, literally.
    - The last major Abbasid stronghold, Anbar, has been taken by a band of Turkomans, who sacked and destroyed it according to their custom. Most of the plunder has been sent to their kinsmen in Anadola.
    - Baghdad and Basra have not fallen as of yet, but most forts around them have been captured, and the two cities are effectively under siege.

With the Caliph now running out of men and forced to rely on expensive Ghulams and whatever mercenaries are willing to fight for him in return for pay, this war should be over in a year or two - the remnants of the Abbasids will be destroyed within the next few seasons, unless the Caliph surrenders and accepts all of Sultan Toghrul's demands.

So the Abbasids are fighting bravely, and probably still have a few tricks up their sleeve, but in the end, their efforts, as valiant as they may be, will amount to no more than a heroic but futile last stand.

The new Seljuk sultan however will give his enemies one last chance to save themselves, but this time any negotiations will have to include the transfer of Baghdad to the Seljuks and/or vassalage. In the end though, as the Ayubids and the Georgians can attest, any fate is preferable to total annihilation, and whether we will soon write of the end of the caliphate or of its new beginning, is entirely up to its Caliph.
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; October 06, 2009 at 02:23 AM.

Yea, things are getting out of hand pretty quickly. I agree with Kavhan on this one, factions are getting destroyed pretty quickly so I would be quite happy to have peace in Anatolia.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

The Persian Shah wants to declare war against the Ghaznavid Kingdom.

The reason is simple, his armies moved west beyond the boundaries of our agreement.

We have built defenses in the Seljuks frontier. But we do not have any intention to attack them.

regards
    Last edited by Empedocles; October 08, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

*LOL. Will reply when I have time*

The Seljuk Sultan has notified the Persian Shah that under the terms of his alliance with the Sultan of Ghazni, he has a duty to help his allies in a war, which they did not start.

This warning applies to all rulers, who may attack the Ghaznavids unprovoked.

The Seljuk Sultan does not wish to use the current situation as a pretext for attacking his smaller neighbors, and strongly urges that diplomacy is used to resolve this crisis before it escalates.

I understand, Persian scum, that you must find some way to motivate your senseless attack. And I also know, that no amount of quotes or anything from my part can prove anything. The fact that you gave me "permission" to conquer south of Birjand, and the fact that I kept you briefed of all my movements around your borders, would've have been more than enough for an honourable ruler to keep the peace. The promise of future military support against the very same nation now joining your side also seems strange, to say the least. But as I said, all this was between you and me, and I have no gain dragging it before other nations.

Let it be known though, that no man in our part of the world is more treacherous and cowardly than the Khwarezmian so-called Shah.

What surprises me most, is that the leaders of other nations follow this faithless and wretched human-being. Sultan of Ghor, what motivates you to follow heathens in a war on your peaceful neighbour? And Imam of the Omani, where is your faith now? Waging a completely senseless war against our noble Shahdom, never having left the path of righteousness, nor done anything to provoke your nation.

The Ghaznavid Shahdom will fight to the last, be sure of that. It seems though, that we will be overrrun by our brothers of faith, in a conflict totally uncalled for. Blind mogrel of Khwarezm, why not inform me you considered my marches a breach of our deal? Why not ask me to withdraw my troops from rebel lands bordering your lands? Why not try to diplomatically solve the situation? The answer should be clear to all assembled here; This man wants nothing but war. His greed, and hunger for more land, blood and power won't end at the gates of Ghazni (which he for that matter won't ever enter alive).

Is the Seljuk Sultan the only man seeing sense? Purge our world from this fat, ugly Persian rat before it grows too vast a scourge to be stopped.

The Cuman Khanate can not do much, but we send our moral support to the Ghaznian people that are allied to our friends, the Seljuks.

We can though, Promise the Seljuks that we will stay clear of our borders, so that the Seljuks have the ability to defend our allies. This is the least we can do... We will not be selfish, as the Seljuks would do the same to us if the conditions were right. Let the forces of Seljuks and Ghaznia prevail
    Abit tired now...

I would sadly call this turn of events Partitions of Ghaznavids, which is utterly pointless.

Once again I am the one who makes double-post

King of Jerusalem has received message from Turks that they want to start negotiations, or so it would seem. King is willing to start negotiations, but should no clear conclusion come, our armies are prepared to attack Turks more. This turn Armenia was cleared of enemy and Seleukeia taken. Sadly we have turned down offer by Armenians for city trade because Kingdoms generals need go supply routes which are safe. Armenias borders will be defined by treaty if one shall come. Or what has Emperor of Romans say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    Once again I am the one who makes double-post

King of Jerusalem has received message from Turks that they want to start negotiations, or so it would seem. King is willing to start negotiations, but should no clear conclusion come, our armies are prepared to attack Turks more. This turn Armenia was cleared of enemy and Seleukeia taken. Sadly we have turned down offer by Armenians for city trade because Kingdoms generals need go supply routes which are safe. Armenias borders will be defined by treaty if one shall come. Or what has Emperor of Romans say about this?
    The Romans never received any turkish messenger and assume it is a lie to halt your support.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Now that the Abbasids are no more (huuuge props to Cyrus for accomplishing this ), and the Fatimids are also gone, it would be only fitting for the Seljuk Sultan to assume the title of Caliph. Such a title is not just flattering to its bearer, but it comes with a duty to defend Muslims all over the world. who are under attack by infidels.

Such a duty ties in well with the Seljuks' current obligations to the West, and with the Abbasids gone, the Sultan warns the Christians to stay out of Edessa as the Sultan Caliph will look to reclaim the lands, which belonged to his forefathers.

Had the Firangee stopped their attacks on the Turks, the Caliph would have been happy to halt the advance of his troops to the West, but seeing how the Crusade continued, there is no reason for generosity towards the infidels. If the Infidel King wishes to have Edessa uncontested by the mighty hordes of the new Caliphate, then a wihdrawal from Seleukia would be needed and immediate ceasefire between him and the Turks.

The Khan watches over both sides very closely...
    Abit tired now...

King of Heaven on earth will think about the infidel proposal. If the Turks will reason, there might be peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    King of Heaven on earth will think about the infidel proposal. If the Turks will reason, there might be peace.
    See reason?! The war is on 100 % and I don't think that its possible to have peace unless the Romans decide to give our cities back (Karaman, the city north of it and Konya!) in return we will give Attalia, Amorium and Nicaea back)!

Furthermore the Crusaders have to give us Seleukeia back and take their units to Cilicia!

If the Romans and Heretics don't accept these rules the war will go on - and I promise the Emperor that when I go under I will destroy everything in Anatolia!
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Multan has been stormed and is now part of the Ghorid Sultanate. Now for a showdown with the Chauhan Rajput scum at Jalandar.

I would request the indulgance of the Solanki ruler in this matter.

Solanki's are up...
    Greetings Ghorid,
    We appreciate your aid in our war with the Rajupts, But it was an internal dispute between two Hindu nations that could not be solved by outsiders of the Muslim faith,
    Fortunately we had a chance to take them out this turn, and we took it.. annihilating these false Rajupts once and for all.

The end results is we are now neighbors and wish peace to our Ghorid friends, so long as they do not build forts or move their troops within Solanki territory then we shall do the same,
    The Solanki wish now to put down their arms, but must warn the Ghorids, we can still fight if you force us.

Also we have sent the Omani a diplomat and greet him warmly, I hope he shall accept our diplomatic terms.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

The Romans wish to declare future vassalage to the Kychpaks once the turks are destroyed and the gift of Trebizond.

The Romans have decided to divide the Armenian and Turkish lands between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Roman Empire.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

The Kingdom of Makuria would like to propose an alliance to the Eastern Roman Empire. The Christians must unite in order to stay strong and be ready for any threat.

Some important announcements:

1. The new Caliph and leader of the Muslims does not wish to spill the blood of his brethern. An agreement has been reached therefore with the Shah of Khwarezm, according to which the two rulers will not attack each other for a period of seven and a half years, starting upon the transfer of Gorgan to the Sultan.

2. The Romans and the Firangee have started a war against the Kypchaks.

3. While the Basileus, leader of the Christians, is an infidel, his subjects are still men of the book, who are just misguided in their beliefs. The Kypchaks are good people, but their leader Khan Konchak is an untrustworthy barbarian. The Firangee King in Jerusalem has disclosed the Khan's treacherous plot against the Sultan, and so appropriate measures have been taken.

As always, the roads of diplomacy shall remain open to all neighbors of the Sultan, friends and foes alike. This time however, the Khan will not be able to impose his demands, and will have to consent to a just agreement that will be offered to him shortly, or he risks following the fate of those other rulers who in the past ignored the Seljuk fair peace terms to their own demise, like the former Caliph or the Georgian King.