Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Triforce, with all due respect, but I feel you may have too many factions that you are subbing for and I would rather see someone else take over the ERE.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Sorry Kavhan, but I have lots of work and don't hardly have time to do anything even on the weekend. I am swamped with Uni work and will have to take the weekend to catch up. I didn't know I'd be so busy, although I thought about quitting last turn just in case, but I didn't want to drop during the middle of a war. But it seems I have to. Sorry everyone Playing the hotseat takes a lot of time due to the spy/battle rules, as you know well. And not using spies is suicide. So I can either get my faction killed in 2 turns, or resign and let someone else play it.

I will try to stay in my other games since they don't take but a few minutes to play a turn.

I will take over Omani, so triforce can take over ERE.
    Abit tired now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    I will take over Omani, so triforce can take over ERE.
    You already are subbing Makuria, if I remember correctly, so taking over Oman would present a similar situation, where one player controls 3 factions. This not only takes away from the multi-player aspect, but it also creates a conflict of interest, as Oman shares close proximity to Makuria.

Generally speaking, if I want a campaign with just you and Triforce, there are mods out there with only a few factions, like Rusichi.

Alright... true... I was just offering my help. and also. Omani is right after Marukia. Also... Marukia, Kypchak, and Omani, are practicaly at the other ends of the world, are they not?

While in Marukia, I have direct orders what to do... In Omani, i will be just acting like a regent, =x

(Wtf???) Marukia is in africa, but Omani is on the north end of Arabia. That is impossible. That is like saying that KoJ and Kypchak is sharing a close proximity... >_>;
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; September 05, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Abit tired now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Triforce, with all due respect, but I feel you may have too many factions that you are subbing for and I would rather see someone else take over the ERE.
    argument noted...
    However, I was subbing Omani caliphate as a request sub by Nakharar not as a random replacement...,

as of this turn however, Nakharar has Resigned,
    His Resignation means that he can no longer dictate or demand who subs his late kingdom, It becomes Regency for the next 3 turns or until someone new is recruited.

Furthermore, I can no longer sub the Omani caliphate even if I wanted too, due to the fact that we agreed upon that no person can sub a kingdom over 3 turns, with the exception of the main owner requesting a specific time for his return in advance.

So as of now, for the next 3 turns (including the one I just did), or until a replacement is found, I will be the temporary regency of ERE, and nothing else.
    I hope this is acceptable to everyone, ERE and my Kingdom of Rajupts are about as far apart as you can get.

Now concerning the new regent of Omani caliphate, that depends, I would assign Merlox the duties, but he is currently subbing Makuria, therefor for anyone who would like to take control of this small kingdom and help it grow - (Make sure you read the rules on regency) - then you may ask for it, If nobody is found however, by the time we get to Omani's turn, I guess ill have to choose Merlox as the most logical second choice.

Any complaints, disagreements.. please feel free to voice them, and I will take it into consideration.

Last edited by TriforceV; September 05, 2009 at 10:34 PM.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

I cannot sub for Oman for obvious reasons.

Since Oman's turn is not imminent, we should wait to see if someone steps up and takes temporary control of it for the next 3 turns. If nobody else volunteers, then Merrlox it would be.

I am glad you all see my point of balancing out the factions between all players, whenever subbing is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    I value peace, and diplomacy, but am not afraid to defend myself, maintain wars if my reasonable demands are not met.
    No you didn't! For me this a reason to quit this campaign!
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Actually changed my mind i think i will have time though im busy, after all its only Oman

Good news from Nakharar!

Also, Cyrus... If ERE can counter-attack you that easily, that means you made a flaw and expanded too far, too fast with out the proper defenses. and if you are looking for a peace treaty, then you must try to be alittle bit more fair if you arn't exactly owning ERE. =x
    Abit tired now...

ERE was in a good position to retake some settlements after loosing 4 of them to you last turn. it is only natural he did, or else we may question his legitimacy as a regent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Kabir View Post
    Well if you sub him its not your duty to continue a direct attack from him on me - I was the one who had to defend himself against the Romans so I was allowed to take his settlements, but if you sub him and continue the war that doesn't fit with sub rules.
    Furthermore I was in negotiation with the Romans and we had almost peace - but now !you! as a subber destroyed this hope and Iam forced to continue the war. And imho i dont have the interest to start a war against Triforce...
    This is not my fault, I did not ask crtaltdel to leave,

Furthermore,
    I can't negotiate in diplomacy, why? Because who am I, as regent to be able to dictate terms on a kingdom that's not even mine legitimately
    My duties are simply, to keep the game a moving, while also keeping the integrity and strength of the Roman Empire for its replacement to the best of my abilities.
    The Replacement has the right to make and break terms as he sees fit, and until then If you insist on attacking - pushing further into Roman territory, then its my duty to defend.

However, if you cease your advance and offer a white peace, I would accept, and for the next 2 turns you can bide your time until the next King comes, and then you can resume your peace talks/diplomacy, or just face the AI.. Either way, I won't be playing for much longer... so you could bide your time until a new king arrives.

Don't worry Cyrus, The Turks are still strong

TRIFORCE.

However, if you cease your advance and offer a white peace, I would accept,
    I offered the Romans a white peace without any conditions, but you just wanted to continue the war so the Sultan is also forced to continue the war!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Kabir View Post
    I offered the Romans a white peace without any conditions, but you just wanted to continue the war so the Sultan is also forced to continue the war!
    Sultan is a rascal and a liar!

he declared that he wants peace and accepted the terms but in reality he did not! he is indeed simply biding his time and readying to strike again. therefor, since Sultan did not accept our offer of peace and furthermore lies to us, war rages on. Armenians captured Sivas this turn.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

guys, I am sorry but I will have to quit ALL my hotseats games....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

...just joking...
    Last edited by Commander Ruunu; September 25, 2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Double post

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    ...just joking...
    Hilarious

P.S.,
    I just got word that Sarkiss is also quit the campaign?,
    I'm confused, Crtaltdel had school work to accomplish, but why are you quiting?

TRIFORCE.

Hilarious

P.S.,
    I just got word that Sarkiss is also quit the campaign?,
    I'm confused, Crtaltdel had school work to accomplish, but why are you quiting?
    im sorry guys... trust me, i wouldnt quit Armenia without a good reason, of which i had few. departure of my ally was a final straw...

it'd be nice if you could find a human player, i left Armenia well entrenched allowing for a good defense and counter attack... AI is simply retarded to be trusted with anything.

Why do you leave from this nice christian union. Just when Ayubbids have only 2 towns left. That's right 2 towns. I have captured town of Baalbek, Bilbeis and that little town which name I can't remember, south of Kerak. I am still open for peace talks, but I believe sultan will refuse. Let's see what Aslanamca can do now
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

I'm just having a hard time seeing all those issues just "popped up". -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    Sultan is a rascal and a liar!

he declared that he wants peace and accepted the terms but in reality he did not! he is indeed simply biding his time and readying to strike again. therefor, since Sultan did not accept our offer of peace and furthermore lies to us, war rages on. Armenians captured Sivas this turn.
    A liar and a rascal?! What would you do if in the beginn of your turn the first message you got is a strict demand of the Armenians for Sivas?! Well, the Sultan was a bit surprised and confused - he convoked the council for outer affairs and discussed if a ceasefire would be in the interest of the Turkish Empire; and yes a ceasefire is in our interest, therefore we send a emissary to the Armenian King with the same offer! Now, what makes the difference if you or me accept the terms earlier or later?!
    So please for the next time try to think first and then start speaking and insulting!

Good choice!, and welcome Spanish_emperor, Cyrus will be happy!

Until he hears that.... I will be regency for Armenia now
    After our turn we will start negotiation with the Romans.
    Now Triforce you will be regency for Armenia you can't continue the war, cause we didn't provoke it! Both - the former Roman and Armenian Kings are cowards who don't have the nerves and the brain to keep up peace in Anatolia! Like two hyena both planed an invasion the turkish lands, which clearly failed! The Sultan hopes that the new Armenian and Roman King are easier to convince for peace!
    Last edited by Cyrus Kabir; September 07, 2009 at 10:49 AM.