Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Interesting developments - it seems the Christians despite their words, desire war more than anything else. Oh well...
    Far from it; I was attacked first, and the only reason he agreed to a ceasefire was because I crushed his army. Now he is disregarding all our reasonable wishes again and building up his forces to strike from a more powerful position. I will not allow him act in such a treacherous way without taking measures to defend my lands, or I will die trying.
    Last edited by CtrlAltDe1337; August 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM.

it has been proven time and again that words sent to Sultan are waste of breath and time. he disregards our every effort to maintain peace and establish some balance in the region. his appetite for conquest is insatiable and his hostile acts are never-ending.

evidently, savage, nomad barbarians from the far east do not even know what negotiation and peace mean. it is simply impossible to live peacefully next to them. they are like a swarm of locust that will sweep across your lands and destroy everything in its path. but we refuse to be destroyed or bent. we shall destroy this predator instead or die trying.

Sultan has been given more than one chance to show hes got any respect for his neighbors, but he scorned all and every effort of ours to resolve matters peacefully. we shall no longer be fooled and time for talks is over.

since brutal force is the only thing you revere we shall resort entirely and exclusively to it. it is war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    it has been proven time and again that words sent to Sultan are waste of breath and time. he disregards our every effort to maintain peace and establish some balance in the region. his appetite for conquest is insatiable and his hostile acts are never-ending.

evidently, savage, nomad barbarians from the far east do not even know what negotiation and peace mean. it is simply impossible to live peacefully next to them. they are like a swarm of locust that will sweep across your lands and destroy everything in its path. but we refuse to be destroyed or bent. we shall destroy this predator instead or die trying.

Sultan has been given more than one chance to show hes got any respect for his neighbors, but he scorned all and every effort of ours to resolve matters peacefully. we shall no longer be fooled and time for talks is over.

since brutal force is the only thing you revere we shall resort entirely and exclusively to it. it is war.

Sweet - just sweet how people "try" to legitimate their war...

Armenians... we love you too and we will show our love to you as well!
    and..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

we will force you to kiss this gremilin chick..
    Last edited by Cyrus Kabir; August 27, 2009 at 01:41 PM.
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

... Gremlins!?
    Abit tired now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Kabir View Post
    Sweet - just sweet how people "try" to legitimate their war...

Armenians... we love you too and we will show our love to you as well!
    we never said we love you. we may perish in this war soon enough but will stand our ground and die like noble men do with dignity and making sure we take as many of your scum with us as possible.

as of legitimacy of this war there is no need to go far, look into your own recent actions.

I shall do whatever I can in my power to deal with Turks as soon as I have dealt with Ayyubids. Turks even offered me alliance this turn for some kind of unknown reasons.

In other news..

Ayubbids are now even more hard pressed on every front and their faith shall soon be gone. This turn, Damascus and Tayma castle have fallen and I have taken measures to further stop their advance. Their "army" in Baalbek is soon no more. A shady figure called Altair took care of their spy and now they have no protection. This leaves more room for other troops move to closer front in Gaza sector. Lets see how long can the sultan last. So far he has only shown nothing, only thing worthy to even mention, what is even not worthy is that Sultan destroyed most of the buildings in Damascus. I can see now that he is desperate for money, to make such act.

Show me, how can you protect your core lands.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Is your spy really named Altair? if so... That's bad Ass!
    Abit tired now...

Unfortunately no, but I wish. It would be rather funny to put that name to spies list for next BC patch, version list , like little Easter egg.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

*sigh*

It's so lonely in my part of the woods,
    At least we have the Elephants to keep us company, althought we can not get too cozy or they might squash us...,
    *goes back to worshiping the Budda*
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Sweet, sweet elephants.... and their rather nice upkeep . But I still hope that Sultan comes to his senses and makes peace with me, I wish not to see him exterminated so soon in game, but if he does not agree, more loot for me.

Here is a description of the last turn for those, who want to read it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The young boy takes the kindjal with a trembling hand, and in awe asks his grandfather:
    - Grandpa, is this the true meaning of Jihad - the destruction of the enemies of the faithful?
    - My son - the old man answers - the greatest Jihad a man can win is not on the battlefield against the infidels, but inside
    himself.
    The boy is soon blissfully asleep, still grasping the dagger. But the old man can not go to sleep. As soon as he closes his eyes,
    thoughts start racing in his head, a collection of haunting images and sounds - horses galloping, beasts and men screaming upon
    the charge, arrows whistling overhead and flying in every direction; then churches burning, the screams of a Georgian woman
    searching for child as she was being dragged from the ruins of her home. And then, blood and blood everywhere, and this horrible
    stench...
    Ahh, thinks the old man, the Jihad inside.
    But could it be avoided? Perhaps it could, and it seemed like it when news came that the Georgians had liberated Ganja and were
    retreating. The winter war was finished by the time the snow thawed and streams sprang down the mountains. Turanshah went south to
    protect the border, and the Tegin sailed away to fight the Daylami rebels. It all seemed over, and the common people everywhere
    were happy. The Christians were preparing to celebrate the day of their saint, what was his name - the one that slew the dragon,
    and the Ajami and the Kurds were getting ready for their Nowruz. Then that horseman came, bearing word from the West, and then he
    had to string his bow again and prepare for another march, another battle.
    Later he learned that Sultan Arslanshah received news from his spies that the Georgians had not fully retreated as asked to do,
    but had left a fortification just West of Shamakha with a small garrison inside. At the same time, the notorious old caravan
    bandit and cattle robber Ivane Orbeli had travelled East, instead of West, with a small army. If this was not enough to raise the
    Sultan's suspicion, the news of unrest inside Tabriz fermented by some shady Georgian characters completely convinced the ruler of
    the faithful that the kafirs were planning something.
    And yet perhaps it could have been avoided, if it was not for that dreaded lonesome rider. But this messenger rode in their camp,
    and brought news of a great war in the West. As it turned out, the Sultan's cousins in Anadolu were attacked by the infidels from
    all sides. The Rumi Basileus had planned it for a while, and just waited for the arrival of spring to put his plot into action.
    Under their crosses and their fake idols on their banners, the infidels were pouring down the hills, attacking the Muslims and comitting terrible athrocities in the name of their false God.
    For Arslanshah, the plan was clear - the Christians had finally given up their bickering with each other and were now united in
    their goal to attack and destroy all Muslims. But the plan had not worked quite as planned, as the Georgians had failed. However,
    as evidenced by the Rumi dogs, the Georgians were just licking their wounds and preparing for yet another sneak attack, as soon as
    they were able to recover. This, Sultan Arslanshah decided, is something he will not allow them to do. And so he sent Yaghi Beg
    and the notorious Kilij of Isfahan with orders to attack the infidels and not stop, until they see the dark waters of the Karadeniz or until they all surrender and accept the decendants of Seljuk Beg as their superiors.
    Kilij of Isfahan took the best of the Oghuz and Agulani cavalrymen with him and had an easy time defeating a small infidel army, before he caught up with Orbeli outside of Baku. Orbeli fought like a man possesed by sheitan, but was nevertheless slain. Noone is sure why Kilij took this direction, but rumors have it he had an intention of establishing his own kingdom in Azerbaijan.
    Yaghi Beg wanted to impress his Sultan even more, and marched straight on Telavi, disregarding the enemy fortification in his rear. Noone is sure how he managed to do it, but he got the gates open and his men stormed inside, slaughtering the Tadzreuli garrison. Those Tadzreuli are told to have fought to the last man, prefering death before dishonor, as true knights. The Georgian prince Otar though was far less steadfast - once he found himself surrounded, he chose to surrender almost without a fight. Little did he know that Yaghi Beg would order his execution, followed by the sacking of the city - what a dishonorable act of cruelty and greed...

The old men was sweating, as he remembered how he and his men rode through the city, as buildings were burning around him and there were bodies littering the streets - a terrible sight. Allah have mercy, he thought, but this is sinful. Yaghi Beg was satisfied by his conquest, and even had the audacity to self proclaim himself as a defender of the faith. Some poor local scoundrels, armed with only an axe, joined the Sultan's new favorite, under the pretext of the Ghazavat, but obviously motivated by plunder as they looted the city. Yaghi Beg would march no further though - he ordered the Turcomans to march to Tiflis and take the fortress.
    And so they marched, the old men remembered, riding for days and nights with little rest, untill they reached the large stone walls of the Georgian capital. And what a surprise, he thought, to have the important fortress protected by only a small garrison of levies. But those men from Kartli, armed with spears, were no simple peasants. The Oghuz riders outnumbered them 4 to 1, and yet they stood their ground, so brave but all in vain, as they died in the storm of arrows. The settlement and the villages nearby were spared - there was no looting or destruction, unlike in Telavi.
    The taking of Tiflis had symbolic significance, as it marked a reversal from the Battle of Didgori, so many years ago, when the Georgians took it from the Turks after they defeated Ilghazi. And yet, the old man remembered that he was not feeling much like celebrating back then. He just wanted to erase those images from telavi and Tabriz from his mind - two cities, one Muslim and one Christian, both sacked because of the greed of the nobles, who managed to capture them. And yet, many summers since, the sights still haunt him and do not allow him to find peace.
    Sultan Arslanshah called the campaign against the Georgians a Jihad - the faithful were under an attack, he claimed. But was he right? How was it a defense, when he and his tribesmen were sacking Christian cities, away from their yurts? But should men questions what Allah has willed?
    The old man was now on his knees, facing South-West towards Mecca, and praying. Insallah, he will find the strength to win the only Jihad that really matters."

Some messages from Sultan Arslanshah to other rulers:

To the Rumi and Armenian rulers in the west:
    It saddens me to see that you are comitted to war. Your actions leave me with no chocie but to attack and destroy your Christian allies the Georgians. If you cease your attacks on the Turks, I shall spare the Georgians. If you do not, be advised that while you may abandon your fellow Christians, I shall support the Turks in every way imaginable.
    If you wish peace, I can offer my services as a mediator to ensure that a fair and long lasting peace is established.

To King Demetre, leader of the Georgian dogs:
    You failed to heed the voice of reason and you did not remove your spies and your troops from my lands. For this, you have been punished, and now the green flag of the Prophet Mohamad, peace be upon him, is waving from the towers of Tiflis.
    You are hereby warned - we shall not tolerate trickery. Should your Christian allies continue their war against the Muslims, you will be captured and executed. Your only chance to save yourself and your family is to recognize me as your Sultan.

To the Imam in Muscat:
    Your offer of trade is most welcome, and has been accepted. War ruins countries, while trade makes them prosper.

To the Khwarezmshah:
    May your rule over Transoxania be long and peaceful! Let us prosper together by exchanging trade rights for our merchants.

To the Caliph:
    As the Fatimids have been deposed by the Kurd Salahuddin and the Firangee are slowly creeping up on Qahira, your light is now the only one that shines for the Muslims, but it shines even brighter. We wish to invite one of your enlightened Imams to spread the word of the blessed prophet in the Caucasus. Such a preacher and scholar is most urgently needed in Kartli and Kakheti, around Tiflis and Telavi. We shall treat this Holy Man with great respect and swear to protect him from harm and danger.

I ain't going to stop my war against Ayubbids.Army of Jesus Christ which bears Holy Cross cannot be beaten and if anyone suggest that it might be so then god wills it!!(war)

Some messages from Sultan Arslanshah to other rulers:

To the Rumi and Armenian rulers in the west:
    It saddens me to see that you are comitted to war. Your actions leave me with no chocie but to attack and destroy your Christian allies the Georgians. If you cease your attacks on the Turks, I shall spare the Georgians. If you do not, be advised that while you may abandon your fellow Christians, I shall support the Turks in every way imaginable.
    If you wish peace, I can offer my services as a mediator to ensure that a fair and long lasting peace is established.
    Peace be upon you, great Sultan of the Seljuks. I am afraid I cannot accept your offer at the present, for several reasons.

First, while I think you are a trustworthy ruler, your Anatolian cousins are not, and I cannot trust them to live in peace with my people without attempting another attack. But, if the Turks will agree to negotiate, which I cannot see happening at the present, but they may surprise me, then perhaps we can work something out. You will have to see how the Armenians feel as well, however. If the Turks agree to give Seleukeia to the Armenians, which is why this war started, then I am willing to negotiate.

Secondly, this war has nothing to do with you or your lands, and I advise you to stay out of it. I have no interest in fighting you, nor will I support the Georgians militarily. That is your conflict, and this is mine. We are allies, yes, but I have no interest in being drawn into a wider war. I desire your friendship as well, if you will give it. The Romans wish to be friends to all, enemies to none but those who are first enemies to us.

You failed to heed the voice of reason and you did not remove your spies and your troops from my lands. For this, you have been punished, and now the green flag of the Prophet Mohamad, peace be upon him, is waving from the towers of Tiflis.
    You are hereby warned - we shall not tolerate trickery. Should your Christian allies continue their war against the Muslims, you will be captured and executed. Your only chance to save yourself and your family is to recognize me as your Sultan.
    Why should the Georgians have anything to do with my actions, or the actions of the Armenians? Settle this war between yourselves, and do not draw the Romans into it. We Orthodox are not on a holy war to destroy Muslims, Pagans, or the schismatic Latins, but only to live at peace with all men, as far as we are able. If I can assist in ending the Seljuk-Georgian war, I am willing to help broker a truce, but do not draw us into this conflict.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

ROFL Who is sneaky and treachery... We have agreed for your proposal with giving u Ganja, and what has happened... Our only left spy was near city of Ani, we have left empty forts around Ganja and Shamakha...still not enough I cant say nothing, only want to give an advise u "the big kebab": don't pomp up such high, b`cause it`s only the game not life From this situation I want to wish my Allies punish my little, brave kingdom and GL & HF

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Bohun View Post
    "the big kebab"
    I like that nickname - +rep for that!

As for everything else, remember that I can monitor unrest in my cities and I know when there is a spy inside or not. You may have simply forgotten to move it, together with the fort in Shamakha, but such a coincidence to me indicates that you forgot on purpose.

To the most honored and respected Basileus, Lord and Protector of the Christians:
    Your words are wise. A negotiation can occur only when all parties are open to it, including those who started the war and those that were attacked.
    It is my understanding that you bear the title of ruler of all Christians, and if true, this would imply that you have authority over the rest of the Orthodox kings. As part of your flock, you would perhaps not wish to see the Georgians conquered by our forces, just like I do not wish to see the Turks in Anadolu suffering, as they are the same people as mine.
    I hereby recognize you as a leader of all Christians and from now on will negotiate only with you on matters, concerning the Orthodox.
    If you have difficulty enforcing your will on the various small Orthodox kingdoms, I understand, as I have similar difficulties in controlling some of the Oghuz tribal leaders, who formally recognize my suzerainity, not to mention I have no say in the matters of my cousins in Konya. The Oghuz tribesmen are known for their devastating raids far and wide, and I promise to do my best in controlling them, but it would be hard, especially if they feel a need to come to the aid of their kinsmen in Anadolu. If you, through your actions, convert my Turkomans into Ghazis, and add religious fervor to their desire for loot and glory, be advised that there might be harm done to your subjects and your property, despite my own efforts to control my subjects and maintain peace.
    Let us hope we can reach an agreement that will allow Muslims and Christians to live in peace, before a devastating war consumes us all. I shall also eagerly await the response of our cousins in Konya, who hold equal authority to mine.

While I am flattered by such lofty titles and words, remember that the Georgians, despite being my friends and fellow Orthodox Christians, are their own sovereign nation and I have no control over their decisions. I pray the two of you may reach a peace treaty soon, but I wish nothing to do with your war and will not support either side militarily. The Empire wishes to pursue a policy of neutrality in this matter, though we hope you will show mercy to the Georgians and not utterly destroy their people. Likewise to the Georgian king, I hope you will act honorably in war as a good Christian, and also reach a peace agreement soon. The Romans are observant and will remember the actions of our neighbors, be they good or ill, but we desire no conflict.

However, I intend to defend my lands from encroachment by the Turks in Anatolia. To the Sultan in Konya: I sent you a letter upon the beginning of my reign that read thus: "Greetings from the Roman Empire.

I have instructed my diplomat to contact your peoples and declare our friendly intentions. We wish to obtain trade rights with you and and exchange map information. I hope you shall agree to our mutually beneficial offer and send back a favorable reply."

But all I met with was war and a siege on one of my cities (which, by the grace of God, we lifted and destroyed your army in the process). Constantinople desire to be your friend, but we cannot have peace unless you agree to hand over Seleukeia to the Armenians, who are my allies and dear friends. Only then do I know you are serious about living alongside my people in peace. Otherwise, I will continue my war against your encroachment and I hope for no interference from others.

The Khan will announce that they break their alliance with the Georgians. To prevent being thrown into a war with an empire we have no conflicts with.

We have stated before, We have warned the Georgians to not get over zealous and attack the Great Seljuks. Georgia's allies did as well. He though, did attack the Seljuks, after the Seljuks offered peace. We do not want the Seljuks to think of us as the same. Though, as this is said, The Invasion that the Georgians did to the Seljuks hurt the Cuman and Georgian relations very bad. and Causes this Alliance to be broken.

We hope that both sides understand of our actions.
    Abit tired now...

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02: New Beginnings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    Well, sadly... If you do win this war, You will have Nothing to benefit from... Since the territories are burned down... Also... It just makes up more of a reason for Jerusalem to dig further into your lands.
    Enjoy from war,hate peace this is my lifestyle

So why do you play on this hotseat???For peace,for better friendship,for brotherhood???,then just go to streets then make friendship and be a good boy

or if you play for fun then make wars,kill them,destroy,raze and rape!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    He said that because he is losing . No cities taken this tun eh? I would very much like to see how can your economy deal with your army. Time, is the only thing you don't have any.
    You can look to faction ratings to see who is losing.We couldnt take any cities this turn,we may likely to lose next turn.But remember,you always have the first step.I always have to counter attack to you.That is why we lost some cities,but now we have our guard well,come and attack us,then we will see who will lose or who will win?

Our economy is well,you can look to production rates for economy.Even better than yours
    Last edited by aslanamca; August 31, 2009 at 08:10 AM.
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02: New Beginnings

Agreed aslan, having your faction early in the turn order really is a great benefit. Being able to leave the enemies agents without actions, armies without movement etc. Fight on, muslim brother!

Rating is the last thing to compare. We will see what happens next time. I know how hard is to support decent army with Ayubbids without Damascus and homs and believe me, it ain't pretty. I have kinda same situation on the other hotseat with special rules except with you have one town less.