Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 New Beginnings Diplomacy Thread

So in conclusion, King of Levantine asks: Why the hell are Seljuk spies on my land? Is that a preparation for war?? Threat or things of that nature?
    Last edited by Commander Ruunu; January 09, 2010 at 05:28 AM.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    So in conclusion, King of Levantine asks: Why the hell are Seljuk spies on my land? Is that a preparation for war?? Threat or things of that nature?

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

I have to watch for the Roman assassins somehow, as they seem to cross your lands too easily. An early warning system of sorts.

Warning system or clear proof of aggression. I will not intervene yet, war may still be avoided, but if there is any proof of sabotage or other strange stuff, alliance is over. No war yet folks.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Warning system or clear proof of aggression. I will not intervene yet, war may still be avoided, but if there is any proof of sabotage or other strange stuff, alliance is over. No war yet folks.
    I am only looking to eliminate Roman assassins, believe it or not. If they do not bother you when they cross your lands, then mine should not bother you either, I would think.

Despite their desperate resistance, the rebels from the Amu Darya that have chosen to call their illegitimate shahdom after the region they temporarily occupy, are being slowly persecuted, captured and sent to Hell.

Now they have finally been driven out of the Alborz mountains, with Nishapur besieged and soon to be made part of the Caliphate for good. It will follow the fate of Van, the last Armenian enclave in the Caucasus, which was stormed by brave ghazis despite the numerical superiority of the enemy.

Greatly impressed by this success, numerous nobles vowed allegiance to the true leader of the Muslims, and with their help Merv was easily taken. For decades has the great Alp Arslan rolled in his grave, knowing that the city he lies berried in is in the hands of vagabonds and blasphemers, but now he can rest free of the shah's troops insulting presence.

The relentless march of the Holy and victorious armies of the Caliph will now continue towards the Amu Darya and the rebels capital, after which the enemy will undoubtedly attempt a futile last stand in the Hindukush.

Allah willing, soon all the land that the Khwarezm bandits took with cunning and deceit from the Sultan of Ghazni, will be restored to its rightful owner. Once justice is done, we shall have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Despite their desperate resistance, the rebels from the Amu Darya that have chosen to call their illegitimate shahdom after the region they temporarily occupy, are being slowly persecuted, captured and sent to Hell.

Now they have finally been driven out of the Alborz mountains, with Nishapur besieged and soon to be made part of the Caliphate for good. It will follow the fate of Van, the last Armenian enclave in the Caucasus, which was stormed by brave ghazis despite the numerical superiority of the enemy.

Greatly impressed by this success, numerous nobles vowed allegiance to the true leader of the Muslims, and with their help Merv was easily taken. For decades has the great Alp Arslan rolled in his grave, knowing that the city he lies berried in is in the hands of vagabonds and blasphemers, but now he can rest free of the shah's troops insulting presence.

The relentless march of the Holy and victorious armies of the Caliph will now continue towards the Amu Darya and the rebels capital, after which the enemy will undoubtedly attempt a futile last stand in the Hindukush.

Allah willing, soon all the land that the Khwarezm bandits took with cunning and deceit from the Sultan of Ghazni, will be restored to its rightful owner. Once justice is done, we shall have peace.
    Ok. I surrender. What do you want to restore peace?

regards

ps: btw, where did you hide those Askari Nobles?

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    Ok. I surrender. What do you want to restore peace?

regards

ps: btw, where did you hide those Askari Nobles?
    I got them as a mission reward.

Please give me some time today (it is 8 in the morning where I am) to think about peace terms - it would have to make sense for me, you and barcamartin.

Edit: messengers sent to the Ghaznavid Sultan and the Khwarezm Shah.
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; January 27, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

Secure Treaty Announcement,

between Seljuk Caliphate, Ghaznavid Sultanate and Khwarezm Shahdom

1. The three factions will restore peace and trade rights.
    2. Khwarezm will give Nishapur to the Seljuk Caliphate and the Caliph will also keep Merv, Mashad, Tus and Gorgan, all taken during the war.
    3. Khwarezm will give the following settlements to the Ghaznavids - Ghazni, Kandahar, Gardez and Bost, and the Ghaznavids will keep Zaranj and Saravan.
    4. The Caliphate and the Ghaznavids will not take the rebel castle of Bam and will allow the Shah to take it.
    5. All three factions agree not to use special agents against each other - assassinations and infiltrations will be considered a breach of the treaty.
    6. Khwarezm will not build forts between the Caliphate and the Caliph's Ghazni allies, to allow for a clear path between the two, especially in the provinces of Birjand and Herat.

This treaty will be valid as soon as the other 2 players confirm here, and its breach will be punished by a penalty of 10,000 denars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Secure Treaty Announcement,

between Seljuk Caliphate, Ghaznavid Sultanate and Khwarezm Shahdom

1. The three factions will restore peace and trade rights.
    2. Khwarezm will give Nishapur to the Seljuk Caliphate and the Caliph will also keep Merv, Mashad, Tus and Gorgan, all taken during the war.
    3. Khwarezm will give the following settlements to the Ghaznavids - Ghazni, Kandahar, Gardez and Bost, and the Ghaznavids will keep Zaranj and Saravan.
    4. The Caliphate and the Ghaznavids will not take the rebel castle of Bam and will allow the Shah to take it.
    5. All three factions agree not to use special agents against each other - assassinations and infiltrations will be considered a breach of the treaty.
    6. Khwarezm will not build forts between the Caliphate and the Caliph's Ghazni allies, to allow for a clear path between the two, especially in the provinces of Birjand and Herat.

This treaty will be valid as soon as the other 2 players confirm here, and its breach will be punished by a penalty of 10,000 denars.
    Agreed.

See no reason why not. Agreed.

Moving the discussion here:

i cannot read your mind Kavhan, but i am ready for anything you throw at me, though i would prefer you accept my terms.
    What this says is that you would rather I do not retaliate and do not prevent you from conquering the Turks.

The second part is not something that I will accept - the Turks are now under my protection, and I will treat them just like I treated Ghazni when they got attacked by Khwarezm. We all now how that war ended.

However, since I like you, I will give you a chance to resolve this in a manner, which leaves you unharmed. If you withdraw your troops from mine (if you have any) and Turkish territory, including any forts you may have built, and restore borders the way they were prior to the Turks' turn, I will not retaliate and you will get out whole, without any losses. Obviously, under this scenario, the Turks will stop attacking you as well. That is as fair and realistic a peace as anyone can offer.

If you decide to get greedy and decline, instead making demands that you know Titus and I will never accept, then you should prepare to take on an enemy, with a combined force in troops, agents and money three times yours. And I have to warn you that once I start losing resources in a war, then any subsequent peace offer will have to compensate me and my allies, so this is basically your only chance to come out intact.

You have until my turn is posted to give me an answer.

What this says is that you would rather I do not retaliate and do not prevent you from conquering the Turks.
    Well yeah, pretty much.

since I like you
    your generals wouldn't agree with you

If you withdraw your troops from mine (if you have any) and Turkish territory, including any forts you may have built, and restore borders the way they were prior to the Turks' turn, I will not retaliate and you will get out whole, without any losses. Obviously, under this scenario, the Turks will stop attacking you as well. That is as fair and realistic a peace as anyone can offer.
    How do i know he will accept this. I will only accept a proposition that requires him disbanding half his military, otherwise he is a threat to me and my ally because he is looking for any opportunity to strike, like he showed now.

then you should prepare to take on an enemy, with a combined force in troops, agents and money three times yours.
    I am not scared of challenges. I have always played games for the challenge and all my hotseats have been challenging, and that is why i have enjoyed them. So all i can say is, if you wish not to accept my proposal then it's going to be FUN!
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; March 13, 2010 at 01:08 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

The Caliph was looking forward to times of peace, but the kafirs decided to start yet another war. The infidels ruined all attempts at peace by failing to respond to the Caliph's extremely fair and generous offer in time.

Despite all these offenses, there is still hope for a ceasefire, and so the Muslim response has been minimal and aimed at removing the Romans from Muslim lands. Hopefully, a greater war can still be avoided, as long as the Romans are ready to sober up and admit their huge mistake. The Caliph is just and all will be forgiven, and borders restored to the way they were prior to the start of the hostilities. The only minor change concerns the insignificant castle of Karaman, which will remain in Turkish hands. It is too removed from Roman territory anyway, and this change is necessary in order to prevent future wars.

The Caliph is always prepared to help his Sunni Muslim brethern in need, and has sent small troops in support, along with some funds. The Omani ibadists were asked to help their Turkish Muslim brethern in need. Initially, they were somewhat reluctant to participate, but eventually made a very large contribution of settlements and gold after a little bit of convincing. The Caliph forgives them too and has offered a white peace to the Great Imam as well. The latter will be wise to accept, unless he longs for the scenery of the Yemeni highlands.

It is now up to the Roman infidels to respond.
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; March 16, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112