Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Economic System

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Economic System

It's all coded for in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file (EDCT for short).

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I don't understand the Taxes thing. Whats the point of having a Very-High tax setting when it doesn't even work? Or do you any good, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    I have just read this and it is very interesting. Is it possible to script it so that an appalling faction leader triggers a civil war event?
    Now, here is something I'd really like to see implemented in the Roman campaign (it's the only campaign that has a dedicated Roman Rebel Faction shadowing the player's empire - but I suppose it COULD work in other campaigns using the Free Greeks and Barbarians...). That way, in addition to the scripted civil war, you HAVE to keep an eye on your faction leader, because otherwise it'll be like AD 68-69 all over again... Maybe something to be added post-release?
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Might be fun.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    Now, here is something I'd really like to see implemented in the Roman campaign (it's the only campaign that has a dedicated Roman Rebel Faction shadowing the player's empire - but I suppose it COULD work in other campaigns using the Free Greeks and Barbarians...). That way, in addition to the scripted civil war, you HAVE to keep an eye on your faction leader, because otherwise it'll be like AD 68-69 all over again... Maybe something to be added post-release?
    Exactly

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: RS2 Economics:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Great View Post
    im doing what he does

"I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Marcus_Antonius's Avatar Foederatus

Hi there, i was just wondering how the beta testing for the economy is going in RSII?

pretty well

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

good to hear

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,
    what is happened with the slave resource ? I can find it only inside the descr_strat folder but not inside the game ?
    And one little bug: The resource elephants at the trade summary scroll has the icon of gold

Love the new economy system. Can't wait for RS II to be released!
    Campaigns completed: 1 (RTW Vanilla Julii campaign!)

Mods played: S.P.Q.R., 300 Warlords of Sparta, EB, RTR-PE ExRM, Imperator II(Here), RS, Rome Medieval, X.G.M., IBFD VII, Stainless Steel v6.3 (M2TW), Deus Lo Vult(M2TW)
    Mods Currently Playing: TATW(M2TW), RSII, EB

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nergor View Post
    Hi guys,
    what is happened with the slave resource ? I can find it only inside the descr_strat folder but not inside the game ?
    And one little bug: The resource elephants at the trade summary scroll has the icon of gold
    I believe, since the RTW 1.5 patch the 'slave' resource no longer works. At least, I have never been able to get it to work. So it has been removed from RS2.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

could we see a detailed guide for this economic system in the near future? with illustrations and examples etc just so everybody knows how to manage it.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I don't think so. That would be a huge job.
    However I welcome any fans to try.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Libertus

Started a Rome campaign building the economic buildings while my peeps are happy.Hopefully most of my cities will be putting out some decent cash before i have to start building things that have an infrastructure penalty.Roma is eating some serious cash though lol,hopefully Macedons coastal cities will feed the beast.

So in every settlement there this: Economic and Cultural building, and it says something about you having to please the people, also, some buildings give me a trade and tax bonus, while others only give me a happiness bonus, can someone explain how this works?

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Icon4 Re: RS2 Economics:

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Lance View Post
    exactly, it's like i can't even play anymore without being stoned.My latest carthage campaign has done
    some justice though.
    Well I'm always stoned, I smoke 3 a day and still perfectly manage to micromanage all settlements, except when I ALMOST won the Roman campaign in 2.1a - a little TOO much micromanagement. (Usually have certain cities, that require no micromanage, using AI assistance).

Hello... I've tried looking everywhere. Questions and answers, previous twcenter forums which apparently dont load for whatever reason and I know this has been asked before but every single answer I've come upon is always based on the philosophy rather than the numbers or an example that isn't in game.

dvk onced mentioned that if the AI builds the tax buildings that is how he knows, they are going bankrupt, referring to some "invisible debt" that will get taxed.

Quote:
    "but the whole thing is based on taxing a fixed growth trade system....so what happens is that your profits take a nose dive and you build a sort of 'invisible deficit'."

-What is the fixed growth trade % Is there is no number, can I know the formula to keep track of it?
    -Where is this invisible deficit, if not a number can I gather data from the scrolls to come up with it?

QUote:
    "but it'll be a lot like 'borrowing from the future'. You'll drive profits into the red, the amount of money generated on a collapsing economy through taxes begins to evaporate, and then you get into trouble."

What is the rate of the borrowing? is there a number you can put on that?, if not maybe a % I can divide by the city's wealth or income?

I'm just confused, you say taxing in the long term is bad... yet only a few cities develop corruption. But that is the only other factor besides happiness to make me lower taxes or even destroy the tax buildings.

The questions I guess would be, aside from in Real life... why do higher taxes "not" work in RS2.5?
    What is the "invisible cash cow" unseen god?
    What and where, or even how can I track the "unseen deficit" demigod?
    What, where or if not then.. how can I track the "trade growth rate" messiah?
    Do import facilities get rid of penalties of some buildings for not having the resource found at the region?
    I thought it was hard coded into RTW that bigger population yields higher profit?

.. hope your getting the religious umm not sure to call it jabs but ...m3h.

They dont work on Empire Total War for example... but that is because i know there is a real penalty on the average region wealth for taxing the upper/middle class too much thus decreasing profits overall, is a number I can track. I can divide it accordingly to see how far I can keep it up. I can plan ahead knowing the current state can only be kept for x amount of turns, thus influencing my war planning.

Maybe you can't give me a specific number but maybe you can give me a formula I can gather info and plugging in to find out the number I dont mind... anything that isn't the "invisible god of the cow cash"... or the 3 headed "invisible deficit" hydra beast from ancient tales.

-------

I would thank anyone, anyone with any info in translating the mystical "cash cow" definition into a few numbers or maybe a formula... or maybe the "invisible deficit" unseen demigod unto a tangible definition.
    Heck maybe there are charts that I haven't found I apologize in that case, I welcome them to give shape and/or meaning to the mythical Olympian gods of low taxes.

Thank you... and I know is repetitive but I am sorry if it sounds a bit too weird or arrogant, RS is the reason I got into pc mods to begin with. You are the reason I play Modern Combat for Company of heroes or any mods for any game. Metaphors are fine, they help put into perspective the answer, but not when they are indeed the answer to every question, my funny bone starts to tingle for some reason.

NOTE:

Is there a way to destroy buildings that are too far deep in your construction tab? I press the golden arrow to go down but it only goes down to one ..."box" below. Other buildings are now hidden. And fomr the building browser every grey hammer is greyed out. And no I'm not trying to destroy roads or walls, I mean simply things like the barracks or the a temple.
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; February 23, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

This has some interesting consequences for methods of gaining income while depriving it from your enemy, as well as how to most efficiently generate income ... which I'll think about more in-game, with a spear handy.

@Spartus Julius, dude I think you are waaaay over thinking the economy thing, keep it simple. Build, Build, Build. If you want more cash build building that give you cash, build law, happiness, health bonus building so you can increase taxes, put good administarators in your economic centers, if you start to go in the red go conquer something or disband some ships or troops. Make sure you keep an eye on the traits of your governers that are in settlements where you've increased taxes, if you don't they will start to get bad traits that will hurt your economy. Don't let you treasury accumulate too much money as that can also cause bad traits and hurt your economy(actually not 100% sure on that one). Reading into the economy any more than this will probably only stress you out as it requires an understanding of the economy and traits system of RS2 as a whole which only really the devs understand fully and even they probably don't understand it completely.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC