Thread: More Interactive Histories!

Indefinitely Banned

Icon6 More Interactive Histories!

Hey all,

As the " Father" of IH's here (I did start the movement you know ), I think we need at least 2 active IH's. It will provide much needed fun. Besides, I think it takes more skill military wise.

Me and Borat are going to do an 30 Year War IH. Perhaps someone can do an 1300-1500's IH since I know you guys wanted Knights to at one time in Allaince games?

Here are some examples from .Org:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96506
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68078

Fight!'s Avatar Question Everything.

Default Re: More Interactive Histories!

As the 18th century IH appears to have died, why not have a three kingdoms IH? (Before there were onl;y three kingdoms, of course) I'm sure most players will have some knowledge of the time period as famed books and games have been made about it. Plus there were quite a few historical events to spice it up, which could be altered to further shock the players.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If we choose to play when Lu Bu is around, he's mine
    Roll over the names for quotes

Aristotle || Buddha || Musashi

Under the proud patronage of Saint Nicholas
    Proud patron of ★Bandiera Rossa☭

Indefinitely Banned

I see what I can get set up !

I had a Romance of 3 Kingdoms IH set up, but it fell apart. I've been trying to fix the design ever since. Although I'd prefer something along the lines of a Sengoku Jidai IH or a ROtTK IH with the participants taking control of ONE person rather than an entire Kingdom, as the Kingdom ones are MUCH harder to run.
    Last edited by Morimasa Sakuma; October 04, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

MuttonChops's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Morimasa Sakuma View Post
    I had a Romance of 3 Kingdoms IH set up, but it fell apart. I've been trying to fix the design ever since. Although I'd prefer something along the lines of a Sengoku Jidai IH or a ROtTK IH with the participants taking control of ONE person rather than an entire Kingdom, as the Kingdom ones are MUCH harder to run.
    We tried running a Sengoku Jidai IH but it failed. You can try to revive it, I so want to play as the Koreans, so I can use mah HWACHA!!

Well I would want to use strictly Historical factions. Koreans never invaded Japan in the Sengoku Jidai period. It was the reverse. The only way I'd wanna fit it in is if a Japanese fleet attacked Korea. Another issue I'd run into with running an IH is the fact that I can't make a map. I have paint, but no photoshop to make it look better.
    Last edited by Morimasa Sakuma; October 04, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

MuttonChops's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Morimasa Sakuma View Post
    Well I would want to use strictly Historical factions. Koreans never invaded Japan in the Sengoku Jidai period. It was the reverse. The only way I'd wanna fit it in is if a Japanese fleet attacked Korea. Another issue I'd run into with running an IH is the fact that I can't make a map. I have paint, but no photoshop to make it look better.
    Actually, Korea and China were introduced into the game, 2 chapters after the game begun I'd help you make the map, but I'm a bit busy with other TWC projects right now