Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [HoI3] Heart of Iron III - discussion

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Default Re: Heart of Iron III - discussion

i have uninstalled this. completely bugged, lags like hell has awful game ideas like neutrality. and to think this is my first proper try at the hoi games. From a series with the profile and pedigree like hoi3 i excerpted a great game not just a complete game and didn't get either.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; August 14, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1191 View Post
    Someone please explain this? I mean WTF!

At the beginning of the battle did you have 9 capital and 3 screens? Usually you wanna keep capital to screen ratio no more than 1 to 1 or you get a penalty. At least it was in HOI2. Funny screen though.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

haha! I don't think the capital to screen ratio is the issue there

Well I kept on getting attacked by 1 Finnish division, so I just clicked on a port and sent w/e i had closest out there to deal with the one Finnish transport...

Another weird thing that happen in that game, was when Australia invaded dazing with like 40 divisions... I don't understand how the computer is managing stuff like that.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Wooh, just crush Chinese in Second Sino-Japanese, must say I am impressive by the Chinese AI, notable the Shanxi and Communist China. It also taught me the new battle mechanic of HoI3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I just bought HoI III. I don't really care for the EUIII style of it, but I will learn to get past it. Still trying to figure out some things even though I am an Armageddon Veteran

Another weird thing that happen in that game, was when Australia invaded dazing with like 40 divisions... I don't understand how the computer is managing stuff like that.
    Thats interesting. Did you have any fleet to threaten the invasion of Danzig? Or do you think the AI was taking to big of a risk?

Just conquer Japan as Nationalist China in 8 months; must say Japan AI is completely nerfed. For example, I invaded Nagasuki with 5 divisions and freely transported another 10 divisions in without any oppose. There is also no invasion from oversea too.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

The Chinese AI is very good, in fact its better than the other game AIs and usually ends up defeating them quickly funny enough.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Depends, the only good Chinese AI is Communist China, which is largely thanks to its ridiculous effective army and good starting position. Other Chinese factions, notable Nationalist China, are rather bad in defending their territories and completely unwilling to help eachothers.

If you let AI fighting eachothers Japan AI can conquer Nationalist China, Shanxi and Guangxi (but lost Taiwan to Guangxi most time due to retard IJN AI) without much problems; the only problem is Communist China, which even I have problem to fight and only annex them after a very crazy campaign (simply throw seven divisions on one spot, and race to their capital).

Citizen

Well I kept on getting attacked by 1 Finnish division, so I just clicked on a port and sent w/e i had closest out there to deal with the one Finnish transport...

The AI cheats and can move anywhere and you cant as I said in my review. Set your forces to AI controls and even you can.

Thats interesting. Did you have any fleet to threaten the invasion of Danzig? Or do you think the AI was taking to big of a risk?
    I was Italy and didn't realize anything was going on before Germany had already lost like 10 provinces.

The AI cheats and can move anywhere and you cant as I said in my review. Set your forces to AI controls and even you can.

Lol, my current Nationalist China campaign is quite fun; first, I rape Japan in Second Sino-Japanese War by sending ten infantry divisions on Japan main island, which took me half year to "march on Tokyo". When I finally decided to march on Sapporo, Japan broke and I simply annex them. Before that, Japan annexed Shanxi clique and prepared to jump on my territories, but Communist China bliztkrieg them and chase Japan up to the front gate of Beiping, which at that point Japan surrendered to me; funny enough, Guangxi clique conducted an oversea invasion on Korea without any oppose in same time. In the end, the Second Sino-Japanese War ended with I annexed much of former Japan terriotry with Guangxi got Pusan and Communist China got much of former Shanxi territories.

It was at this point that I decided to prepare an inevitable show down against my Chinese allies, so I kept sending spy, conducted research and increased my army. Things work well until 1939, which Germany bliztkrieg Poland and France in same time. Needless to say, both got crushed within half year. Then, Italy declared war on Greece, which at first worked well but then Greeks counter-attacked which brought all Albania under them. In the same time, British was rapping Italian in Africa.

Currently, strange thing happened in mid-1940. Perhaps Poland was a bit frustrated about British's slow speed, Polish (who was, strange, the leader of Allies) asked me to lead the Allies in the war against Germany. I took the offer and prepared to send ten infantry divisions and ten militia divisions to rape Italy mainland; hope this would work well and give me some entertainments before my show-down against my Chinese allies (which, in current speed, should happen around 1944).

I feel sad for Italian - they were rapping by Greeks and Britishs in same time, which they only have three divisions in Africa face fifteen British divisions.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

I'll be waiting for the next patch before picking this up again, the slow speed and the "whole world joins Allies" phenomenon are killing it at the moment.
    My pony jumps ever so high

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    I'll be waiting for the next patch before picking this up again, the slow speed and the "whole world joins Allies" phenomenon are killing it at the moment.
    Well, the fact is that most of world did join Allies.

Now I try to convince whole South America join Allies.

Lol, a quick report about my current Nationalist China campaign.

It is December 1940, half year after US launched D-Day on France. Despite throwing 10~15 divisions and gained a upper hand in beginning, Germany was able to regroup and brought in reinforcement after sometimes; now, American was facing a total offensive from Wehremecht and the future in France does not look good unless I throw in my all infantry divisions (10) in France now helping American, or they probably would push into sea within three months.

In Scandinavia, Sweden was conquered by Germany and willing to be Axis dog instead fight to bitter end. At first I though Finland and Norway were finished, but miricle happened as Germany was stucked in a narrow strip between Sweden and Norway border, using a port as their only supply line. As winter is coming, I believe Germany would not attack Norwegian until spring which I decide to bring reinforcement helping Norwegian to close that only port Germany rely on.

In Mediterranean, the raping of Italy continues; I sent five militia landing on Sicily unopposed and another five mountainers on Sardina with only slightly oppose. However, due to my poor navy and urgency in other theatre, notable the France theatre, I don't plan to push into Italy until Scandinavia and France theatre is stable, which god knows when that would happen.

Plan for first half of 1941: Achieve a decisive victory in Scandinavia, and stable France theatre until American can bring in more troops; it seems British is acting like other people's business so no help can expect from them.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Well, the fact is that most of world did join Allies.

Now I try to convince whole South America join Allies.
    They all joined them after it was won, though.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Citizen

This is starting to look like a flop. with another 2/10 review at gamefaqs and mostly negative player reviews at gamespot its looking like its mostly hated.

An update of my Nationalist China campaign - things completely turn out of my plan!!!

Now is April 1941. Funny enough, American actually brought in reinforcement quicker than I expect, so now France theatre is stable with WWI reappears; everyday American and German are trying to kill eachothers in most brutal way.

For Scandinavia, I sent the reinforcement but Norway was unwilling to provide any supply to my force. Out of frustration, I decide to give up Norway (lol, as a punishment). In the same time, Finland was bilzting Sweden yet pushed back by Germany slowly, but something happens in April forces Germany to stop all offensive...

So, as I gave up Norway in January, I decided to liberate Denmark with five paras; Germany reacted quick this time, sending reinforcement in within a few days. Yet, my hard-core paras fought them regardless lost, and the reinforcement from Sardinia turned the tide to me favor. Surprisingly, Canada decided to send 15 regiements on Germany in same time, hence all the German force was stucked fighting Canada force while the Denmark front is widely opened. Seize the opportunity, I conducted a raiding campaign for two months which ended up capturing the ghost town Berlin (LOL), kill all German offensive in short time. However, Canada force had been finished a few days ago, and now German war machine is running on me and American, which is, if their panzer can still run without fuel!!
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; August 18, 2009 at 03:51 AM.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I find Japan to be disturbingly underpowered, I have played two 1936 games with Italy, but in both games Japan gets kicked out of mainland China within a year.