Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: [HoI3] Heart of Iron III - discussion

Default Re: [HoI3] Heart of Iron III - discussion

Ah yes, thanks a lot mate, worked like a charm! Brought Germany's national unity fom 57 to 98. Now i can go on without worrying germany suddenly may surrender. I guess now they only will if i take Berlin, which was what i was expecting.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

No problem. I misread your other post and thought you wanted them to cave in faster, but at least you got it to do what you want. There are other ways to look for the country entry you want, like searching for capital=[prov ID], but I don't know the province ID for Berlin and it was easier to just say "look for GER=". Takes longer than the capital method though, since there are so many dang relations entries in the file.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Any tips to manage the OOB ? I have an hard time to manage my force past the initial stage of the war. Should I use the maximum number of division per corps or would it help to have a lower amount of them even when my force are deployed across a vast front ? Same question about armies and army groups.

How do you guys manage engineers brigades ? Do you keep them in a reserve and attach them to divisions as ad hoc complement ? And do you use AA and Motorized AA brigades ?

First game with BlackIce mod 7.4

HoI difficulty on normal. BlackIce difficulty on easy (still learning the game).

As Italy I have opened a front against the USSR in the Caucasus. My African campaign have been a success : all of North Africa have been conquered + the Levant and Irak by the my first Armored Corps and the Afrika Korps. In addition the same force participated the the conquest of Turkey. The whole Balkan is under my boot. Hungary joined early the Axis. Yugoslavia Greece and Bulgaria were all conquered. Romania is my vassal.

Right now the Axis is facing the winter offensive of 1941/1942. The USA joined the war a few weeks ago. Heavy aerial fighting have happened since in the Caucassus sky between my air force and the now joint American air force and the Soviet air force. My next objective is to deploy properly my force in the Caucassus to secure the front with adequate force and prepare a spring offensive with Stalingrad as the main objective.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One month after the screenshot the first objective have been completed and I am preparing the future offensive. It should be ready for March if no supply issues happen.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

That's sounds like a really interesting game! Maybe you could do an AAR on it, I'd definitely be reading.

I bought HoI3 some months ago via a Steam sale, but have only recently started getting into it.

Began the Road to War campaign as Germany. Since I was never all that great at HoI2 when it came to Intelligence, I'm going to need some help.

It's August 1937 as of right now, I have 9 spies in the US, but having a tough time in gaining any significant political influence. Keeps see-sawing back and forth, because sometimes I use 'Support our Party' and there doesn't seem to be any tangible gains; but other times, I select 'Political Espionage' and there appear to be some gains, but it also acts as an in-road for the communists to jump in.

Is there a strategy I can use to gain political influence faster?

Let's bring this thread to life.

I had huge issues with my previous campaign as Italy. My save broke soon after the screenshot I posted here unfortunately. It was epic. After some advance toward Stalingrad the Stavka sent massive armored reinforcement. The soviet armors were so powerful my land troops had no means to defeat them. Only the Afrika Korps was able to resist them and so fought a rearguard combat while I retreated my forces to the Caucasus. The Afrika Korps succeed and save my army but lost one entire division in the process. Close air support played its part as well. Because of the a lack of CAS I was forced to use desperately light and middle bombers for logistical strike with great success. Finally I sent massive land reinforcement. Reinforcement who were just able to trade time time with their blood while only my air force was able to stop the soviet attacks. Finally the front stabilized which allowed my to advance in catastrophe my AT weapons. In the mean time I faced huge logistical problems and the air battles were slowly damaging my air force. The American and the British planes were particularly problematic.

This was the situation when my campaign became unplayable. I was in a difficult situation. Balancing my production between building new AT weapons and improvement all the infrastructure in the Caucasus (port, roads and airfields). Through I escape total destruction. For the moment I was not able to do any decisive action but at least I draw important forces out of the main front in the East which enable Germany to attempts a new siege of Leningrad. And I captured the Baku oil fields.

It is probably vain to reply so late but we never know. So to reply to you HunterKYA "'support our Party' can achieve major success. But it takes times and it require some luck. I do not know any magic tric. I know some player do this to influence and ultimately invite the US in the Axis faction but the US is probably one of the most difficult country to target with spy action. Because of their massive leadership they can direct a lot of it to hunt down your spy. This may explain why you have so much trouble. Actually the only countries equally difficult to target with spy mission are Germany and USSR who enjoy a bonus because of their totalitarian system

Small countries like Belgium or Danemark are more suitable target. Within 2 years your party may be able to win the next elections. I advice you to target a lot of small countries like theses to achieve the best result and then adapt your plan on who fell under your influence and who resisted. Last advice do not wait until your party reach +50 percent of organization. I did it once with the Lows Countries and my influence was discovered. The party I supported lost most of its influence in the following political scandal

Finally I decided to return to HoI III since HoI IV will not be released any time soon alas.
    So there I am with a new campaign. After some times on Vanilla I decided I was ready for the challenge of BlackIce upgraded to the version 8.5.I am playing Germany. I am a little late compared to real life. It is january 1940 and the war have yet to start through the glorious leader I am decided it was no more possible to avoid.

The OKW worked hard during 1939 automn and finally came with a plan for the invasion of Poland : Unternehmen Kniva

Update :

The situation on 14 April 1940 (around one month after the beginning of the war :

Poland about to fall :

Victory :

Unternehmen Kniva commenced on 12 March 1940. On 14 April 1940 its goal were all accomplished. The brave Polish resistance ended on 9 June 1940. So the invasion lasted around 2 months and 3 weeks.
    Unterhnehmen means "operation" by the way.

I am happy of the result. It reflects my slow methodical approach. I took my time and often preferred to attack with overwhelming force. Now I can set my eyes on France. As you can see there is no Molotov - Ribbentrop. The communist cancer must be eradicated ! I am secretly contemplating the invasion of the Baltic States. This make the siege of Leningrad easier to set in 1941.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; January 20, 2016 at 10:21 AM.