Rebels
    28 Hussites
    29 Minor Nations

Faction choosen during the installation of the mod
    30 Kingdom of Bosnia or Navarre or Halych-Volhynia
    31 Terra Mathei or Brabant or Florence

Map

F.A.Q.s

What’s the main goal of this modification?

The main goal of our mod is to establish the “real” historical “environment” found in Medieval Europe at the beginning of the 14th Century, giving the player the “feel” of the historic background in 1301 AD. During our timeframe player will experience most of the significant historic events, accompanied by the appearance of historical characters such as the rebellion of the Hussites lead by Ján Žižka or the French “Rebirth“ lead by Joan de Arc, and much, much more.

How many regions are in the mod?

We will use the max slot number for regions, 199, to represent medieval borders and maps historically. We also plan to use PSF (permanent stone forts) to represent settlement and castles in each region.

What about mercenaries? Will they play a more important role in game?

We intend to increase mercenary recruitment in some regions which were historically known sources for large numbers of mercenaries. For example in Italy you will be able to hire units called Compagne di Ventura or Condottieri units through diplomacy, For certain factions you will have specific guilds in your faction capital which will allow you to recruit mercenaries from another faction, example: Portugal will have a diplomatic (mercenary) guild with England which will enable them to recruit English Longbowmen in Lisbon. Other special units will be recruitable through an AOR (area of recruitment) system.

Why did you select to base “Patria Libera” on this era?

The year 1300 begins a very interesting and turbulent century. Small duchies and kingdoms established their independence while the large, established kingdoms and empires saw their power diminished by weak faction leaders and powerful, independent feudal lords. And everywhere people were devastated by the scourge of the “Black Death.” During this era the longest war in medieval history was waged, “The 100 Year’s War.” Powerful alliances were born such as the Kalmar Union and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Papacy saw its authority challenged by its exile in Avignon and later by the schism of the two Anti-Popes. The fall of Byzantine Empire began and in the year 1453, the Eastern Roman Empire finally fell to the Ottoman Turks, It is also the end year of our mod and a year which heralds the end of Feudalism and the beginning of the Renaissance.

How the siege is going to be represented?

We will improve the battle map and cities to make their look much closer to how it looked during an actual medieval siege. We will also create some new siege engines used all over medieval Europe. For the Byzantine there is going to be a “unique” “Greek fire machine“and much more!

When its gonna be released?

When it’s done! You can help our progress as a team member!check this thread for more info...

What’s the actual progress of this mod?

It’s hard to say actually. I think we are somewhere around 25 percent currently. I will update this monthly.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you have about the mod!
    regards IVIarkI2I
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; October 24, 2010 at 08:08 AM.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: F.A.Q.s-ask us everything

What does Patria Libera mean?

Libera is freedom and Patria means country so it means "Freedom Country" its becouse in 1300 Europe a lots of small duchies and autonomies was rising to rule and on the other hand some big Powers are loosing their power thats why I love this ERA
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; September 14, 2009 at 01:07 PM.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Default Re: Irregular Previews

do you make new 3D buildings for the battle mode like in Ages of Darkness 2 (it's a RTW mod)?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius1 View Post
    do you make new 3D buildings for the battle mode like in Ages of Darkness 2 (it's a RTW mod)?
    of course

Niccolo Machiavelli

Great!
    Which buildings you will include? Ages of darkness 2 offers a bulk of new models for Constantinople. Is this planned for this mod?

Great!
    Which buildings you will include.
    Thats surprise

Which do you want?

Niccolo Machiavelli

surprise

In my opinion Constantinople is by far the most important city and should be represented in a proper way. That means you should prepare all important buildings of that city to give the game a better flair.

As said, the AoD2 team is the first modder-group who prepared a bulk (perhaps 10 or more) models of that city. That's well known in the complete community
    Perhaps you ask them to use those models. That saves a lot of time

surprise

In my opinion Constantinople is by far the most important city and should be represented in a proper way. That means you should prepare all important buildings of that city to give the game a better flair.

As said, the AoD2 team is the first modder-group who prepared a bulk (perhaps 10 or more) models of that city. That's well known in the complete community
    Perhaps you ask them to use those models. That saves a lot of time
    ofc man they also asked me to help him but I dont have no more time for modding about constantinople theres gonna be constantinople wall ,hagia sofia and the hippodrome

Niccolo Machiavelli

the Constantinople-models from Wundai (AoD2 team) are definitively finished. I can only imagine that they asked you for the texturing part?? Right?
    Last edited by Aetius1; September 14, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

the Constantinople-models from Wundai (AoD2 team) are definitively finished. I can only imagine that they asked you for the texturing part?? Right?
    yea

Niccolo Machiavelli

well then. I think it would be a great addition to include those buildings. They are unique and no other mod has them.
    Anyway

well then. I think it would be a great addition to include those buildings. They are unique and no other mod has them.
    Anyway
    sure man but there are stupid limits from great CA and we want to give some unique buildings for more cities not only Constantinople.

Niccolo Machiavelli

what are the limits? Do you have a number?

what are the limits? Do you have a number?
    check this thread

for buildings its

Building Trees 128
    Buildings in Tree 9

thats 1152 buildings
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; September 15, 2009 at 07:30 AM.

Niccolo Machiavelli

...but that seems more than enough ;-)

I don't think that you include any new 3D buildings. I can't find any announcement or preview or screenshot of your mod.

My 2 cents: just take the finished models from another mod. That saves time ;-)

yea i was asking them but he said I must texture all buildings not just those 3 we need for our mod butt that means I must texture 10 models to have 3

Niccolo Machiavelli

As member of the AoD2 -team I want give a short statement to the last discussion.
    Actually we offered you ALL of our buildings (which are meanwhile more than 15 each!!!).

The only thing we asked for is the texturing of probably 7 or 8 buildings for Constantinople (the rest was done by other Users months ago). If you only need 3 of them (what I can't understand at all) it is your own problem.

And honestly, I don't see the "big business" if you make those textures in exchange for 12-15 high quality models made by our Wundai. Especially because the wall textures and the roofs are probably always the same (with some exceptions of course). In this case the texturing is perhaps done in 2 or 3 weeks for all buildings. And just imagine the great commercial for your mod and for AoD2.

Anyway, it is your decision.

and @ Aetius1: if you have questions concerning the AoD2-building-project (which is one of the biggest in the TWC-community) you can ask us directly in our AoD2 forum
    Last edited by Coni; September 20, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coni View Post
    As member of the AoD2 -team I want give a short statement to the last discussion.
    Actually we offered you ALL of our buildings (which are meanwhile more than 15 each!!!).

The only thing we asked for is the texturing of probably 7 or 8 buildings for Constantinople (the rest was done by other Users months ago). If you only need 3 of them (what I can't understand at all) it is your own problem.

And honestly, I don't see the "big business" if you make those textures in exchange for 12-15 high quality models made by our Wundai. Especially because the wall textures and the roofs are probably always the same (with some exceptions of course). In this case the texturing is perhaps done in 2 or 3 weeks for all buildings. And just imagine the great commercial for your mod and for AoD2.

Anyway, it is your decision.

and @ Aetius1: if you have questions concerning the AoD2-building-project (which is one of the biggest in the TWC-community) you can ask us directly in our AoD2 forum
    I dont have time for texturing so much buildings.
    Maybe if you have them with good uv maps and pictures
    I could do it

Niccolo Machiavelli

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Icon5 Re: F.A.Q.s-ask us everything

It sounds like a very good mod it is during a time I find very interesting just a quick question.

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    How is siege war is going be represented?

We will improve the battle map and cities to make their look much closer to how it looked during an actual medieval siege. We will also create some new siege engines used all over medieval Europe. For the Byzantine there is going to be a “unique” “Greek fire machine“and much more!

IVIarkI2I
    I read in another mod that tried to make accurate cities for the battle map during sieges that this could not be translated to the battlemap during the campaign. Was this what you ment or did you mean that you would use the base sieges in the game battle map and add things like siege works arround the settlement?

Great idea for a mod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast