View Poll Results: Shall Renown become a Citizen?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

2 22.22%
  • Abstain

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PASSED 08/16/09] [Artifex] Renown (Patron: Archaon)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default [PASSED 08/16/09] [Artifex] Renown (Patron: Archaon)

Client: Renown
    Hello Archaon,

I, Renown, seek to become an Artifex. I have worked in the past on submods for Rome Total Realism, and also on Deus Lo Vult of which I was a major contributor and am mentioned in the credits. I am currently working on Divide and Conquer (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262063), a submod of Third Age Total War which has become a major project and testing ground for ideas I plan to use for the major mod Fifth Age of Middle Earth an ETW mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...58#post5511958).

I have also launched a submod forum for Divide and Conquer development which has thus far been quite successful - http://dacmod.forumotion.com/forum.htm -

I believe I would be a benefit to the Curia as I represent a matured TWC member. I've been registered and active for 5 years running, I practice logic and understanding and seek to avoid direct conflicts – posting the truth or what I believe.
    My involvement in the TWC community has stretched out into many arenas. My leadership and prompting has led Archaon to discover new ways to script desired aspects into M2TW. I am able to assemble and run projects from beginning to end, and I seek to make modifications which are primarily for me in my vision. Sharing these projects with others makes them become, as a whole, open to influence. I meet his with ease as I try to meet the wishes of supporters where they are relevant to the project scope. These practices improve my experience on the forum as well as practically in gameplay, and I hope the sentiment is shared with those I interact with.

Outside of TWC community, I have aspirations of getting involved in the digital entertainment industry. Likely this will only become more involved and creative as time goes on.
    I understand the responsibilities of a citizen and feel I am well informed and am able to vote in a well thought out manner, I do believe I am an asset to the Curia currently and will be a further contributor as time goes on.

Thank you for your consideration,

Renown,

Patron: Archaon
    Dear CdeC, Renown, A member who has been active on TWC for longer than yours truly.
    He is leader of large mod project, though it is merely known as a ‘sub-mod’ it is still worthy in its own right to be considered a major modification. And the mod is increasingly impressive as it develops with help from his team.
    Beside the skill he shows, I see everywhere that most of his posts are of a helping nature, and his personal educated knowledge is also shared on these forums.
    For his recent work, I implore anyone who is interested in TATW to look at his sub-mod project.

On a more personal note, Renown’s leadership has led me in the direction to discover several new scripting options, here, here, and here.

A Non-community based pro is that he is a student of history and his current educational aspiration is in the field of game concept and development, of which Tokus Maximus has offered himself to be a ‘professional’ referee in his application to the course. The relevance is his interests are in development rather than game play.
    Renown has expressed that Artifex is a goal he has aimed for some time, and his intention was to be approached rather than seeking patronization. Which has finally occurred to his delight!

I would like to include this fine member into the House of Siblesz.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: [Artifex] Renown (Patron: Archaon)

He has the talent. Will look into the contributions.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

His subforum is not a part of TWC and thus cannot be considered as a contriibution. The WIP, Idea, and proposal is interesting, but again not a contribution.

I do not really see substantial and obvious contributions here. The applicant has done some work. He has worked on projects that have been completed. He is truly a very long standing member.

I was a bit disappointed by the Patron's three referenced links. I cannot see how these relate to the applicant.

I guess that I will need more on this before deciding (assuming I am here after the election).
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

His definition of "Active" and mine are clearly very different. 800 odd posts in 5 years is not active. Thats not even 1 post every other day...

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    His definition of "Active" and mine are clearly very different. 800 odd posts in 5 years is not active. Thats not even 1 post every other day...
    To be fair modders do most of their communications through PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Also if many of the posts were recent, but he's been registered for a while it would skew your numbers.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    So since we cannot see the contributions if done via pm's and we have nothing special for links -- on what basis are we to make a decision?
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Patrician Citizen

This is true to some extent, though in his case it seems to be off-site. I have like 400+ posts in my dev forums which can be seen in my post count but obviously not in my post history.

The PPD is only marginally representative though, I had like 0.2 when I came back a little over a year ago from a prolonged absence. It's crept up to 5, but stats are never fully spot on. For instance I'm roughly 125th in total # of posts, but if we took it as total # of words or characters, I could probably make a case for Top 50 easily given my average words per post.

I'm not entirely sure about the candidate at this juncture, mainly because I think his mod is still some time off from fulfilling its potential. That said I approve of his production schedule, he seems to get things done and get it out to the community in a fairly quick fashion, which is paramount in smaller modding projects. He also does a good job in the skills department; in response to VP, what Archaon is saying is that in order to determine new ways in which to utilize scripting, he and Renown collaborated and that collaboration yielded those tutorials.

For me, I know he will definitely be an Artifex at some point if not now than later. I like his attitude and willingness to try new things, as well as the testimony of his patron, and am inclined to vote yes on this applicant as I don't feel more time to develop his resume will necessarily change it leaps and bounds, and it's adequate as it is.

Patrician

I agree that based upon his post history, more time is not going to resolve the issue. This is why I am trying to truly give the benefit of the doubt to this application.

I will take our word that the patron's examples were in part possible due to the applicant, but again -- to what extent is the contribution? Is it substantial or simply the result of bull sessions and the patron doing the real work?

I return to my original observation:

His subforum is not a part of TWC and thus cannot be considered as a contriibution. The WIP, Idea, and proposal is interesting, but again not a contribution.
    So it seems the solid basis of contribution is a small part of the patron's work and the claim the applicant was key to these contributions. I will sadly be voting no on this at this point. I will hold off on voting as long as possible and try to work this out in my mind.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    So it seems the solid basis of contribution is a small part of the patron's work and the claim the applicant was key to these contributions. I will sadly be voting no on this at this point. I will hold off on voting as long as possible and try to work this out in my mind.
    Hm? The involvement in the scripting innovations is ancillary to this application. His main contribution is his modification, Divide & Conquer. Not sure what you mean by WIP/Proposal, it appears to already be on version 3.75 since first releasing in early June.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I've changed my mind twice on this one, but have gotten back to a yes.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Patrician

@AL -- I might have missed something then. I will take another look.

Edit: OK -- I am really confused now. Is Divide & Conquer a contribution created on and for the benefit of TWC members or is this simply a mod presented to TWC and developed and promoted from an off site resource?
    Last edited by Viking Prince; August 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

The poll closes tomorrow, and there have only been 5 votes. Could you please turn your attention to this case?
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Patrician

It is close -- I will give the patron the benefit of the doubt on this and vote yes.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Whoops...I missed this one.

Put me down for a yes. I've seen him in the DLV forums and was active in helping repman with patches with traits and things. Also, he does have a forum offsite, but he does have a thread in the submod area of TATW. Not typical of a submod to get it's own subforum though, you could technically ask for one through the mod leaders in there submod area. But besides that. If I wasn't late, definitely the benefit of the doubt from me. Just for the record.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I'm certainly going to vote yes, especially with BWard's approval

Civitate

Can you also change my vote to a Yes here too. I don't even remember abstaining on this one.

Patrician

Another low vote poll. 3-2-2 for a total of 7. Who was missing on this?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Another low vote poll. 3-2-2 for a total of 7. Who was missing on this?
    Look up.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Ward View Post
    Whoops...I missed this one.

Put me down for a yes. I've seen him in the DLV forums and was active in helping repman with patches with traits and things. Also, he does have a forum offsite, but he does have a thread in the submod area of TATW. Not typical of a submod to get it's own subforum though, you could technically ask for one through the mod leaders in there submod area. But besides that. If I wasn't late, definitely the benefit of the doubt from me. Just for the record.
    I'm certainly going to vote yes, especially with BWard's approval
    And this vote change:

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Can you also change my vote to a Yes here too. I don't even remember abstaining on this one.
    So assuming these are processed, which they should be(deny someone because councilors missed a deadline? would be terribly fickle on our parts), it will be 6-2-1, still missing some people though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast