Page 4 of 387 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: Suggestions

Gondor definetly needs Borimir and Faramir (even though there's a submod for that it should be in the main mod). The models/bodyguard units for them are already done so just throw it in the main mod. And personally I think Gondor should for sure have Aragorn spawn as the King in a certain amount of turns. Eriador already has Gandalf and Frodo, they'll be fine without Aragorn, but I think they should start with him and he just eventually dissappears and swaps to Gondor.
    Well to save KK all work with modelling Faramir and Boromir, he could include Faramir and Boromir Spawn.
    Just look how good they look.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OBS THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED TEXTURES

And this isn't commercial, i just thinks it's so good it should be included .
    Last edited by abbews; August 07, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Why is Boromir's shield purple?

I like the look of Faramir's leg cloth, imo the leg cloth of the ithilien rangers should be changed to same. I don't like the one-piece skirt look of theirs.

Wow, that Boromir is realy great! But what I have to say is, that I would like to see him with the round shield he uses in the movies. Faramir looks great too, but, concerning his face, just not like Faramir...

I have another suggestion:
    please disable dwarfen ships, this realy does not fit into ME, imO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    I would really like some kind of mounted forest warden for the silvan so that their lack of cavalry is improved.
    mounted forst warden do not seem reasonable to me. In a forest you usually will not have a reasonable demand for cavalery...

uruk axe troop light armoured uruk cannonfodder? there armourd like the uruks with lurts (where this picture is from)

Quote Originally Posted by bentlemp View Post
    This 'world' comes down completely to perspective.

From the good point of view there are a few goals:
    1. destroy the ring
    2. save rohan
    3. save gondor
    4. reunite the kingdom

From an evil point of view:
    1. find the ring and return it to sauron
    2. destroy gondor (mordor)
    3. destroy rohan (isengard under mordor's direction)
    4. conquer middle earth

congratulations dude, grat ideas! +rep
    Last edited by haniel; August 07, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

I also like very much what Lordinquisitor and boring german suggested.

But I also have another "own" suggestion: 12 round/turn year.
    I dislike it that your troops are not able to move for example the way from Imladris to the gate of Rohan in almost one year, while in the books it is mentioned that this was a 40 day travel (for a small group). In this way also the timeframe of the campain could start later, there would be just enough rounds the play. But in this case you could also inroduce the submod which makes the first generation of men die by age (script) while all others live for 200 years or so. This would also have the advantage that famous human characters would not die of age before there time (in my campaign Denethor died yesterday, im 299?). This in combination with the nazgul submod would be great.

I would also think that it would be great to combine the ideas like that from the Anor united, the United kingdom and the kingship submod in a lorewise way. ImO Aragorn should become king of Gondor but in that case the kingdoms should be united. And before all this happens he should be an hero/the chieftain for Eriador.
    So when you play Gondor you should be able to get Aragorn as a King, but just when you reunite the kingdom which would meen to include the eriadorian regions or, if the AI is able/clever enough to reforge Anor (probably not, but
    i don't know), reunite with Anor (correct me if im wrong, I don't have this submods installed, I just try to reproduce what if read and try to combine it) When you play Eriador, you can restore Anor.

This all combined with the ideas others mentioned above (other winning-conditions for elves and dwarfs, white council, more importance to the ring), would make every faction a much more different gaming-experience.

Oh, and when it comes to (other) units, which are imO not nessecary, but always nice, I would suggest the trollchieftain which fought with Elessar (make them the most powerful troll-unit which means give them Olog-hai stats while lower Olog-hai and mountaintroll stats) and the Uruks from the watchtower at Cirith Ungol, those completly dressed in black and with those German WW2-helmets.

Dear TATW-Team,
    this mod, your work is so awsome! It is that game I wited at least 10, maybe 15 years for! You are the best! Thank you so much!!!
    Last edited by haniel; August 07, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

I would like to see bigger mumakils than they are now with 40-50 archers on their backs, 1-3 beasts in the unit. In my opinion they are small now.

Icon4 Re: Suggestions

1-dwarves are totally overpowered, i dont know where people get the idea that they are the "best soldiers" of the middle earth, they have the best morale and armour, and good axes, but they are not unbeatable hand to hand, as they are now, sorry but somebody explain to me a 4 foot soldier who is much better that any uruk soldier, sorry, but no, even Calvary charges are very ineffective against dwarves,

2- melee combat, the soldiers spread a lot and dont fight cohesively , making superior numbers pointless, this is one of the worst complains about med2

3-no more fog of war for cities, people is supposed to know who lives where, if mordor conquers a settlement somebody must have seen it and informed the other factions, this is common sense, it takes ages to go looking for settlements, it only makes the world a pain in the ass, trying to find the last orc city to win the game.

4-AI, the good factions keep fighting themselves, they will attack automatically if they see a weak city.

5-more free upkeep garrisons, and cities should be able to spam defences on siege, as the computer does.

6-cleverer AI, not a cheating AI , that is the motto.

7- if somebody on the development team could just make a little comment about if any of the options above are possible i would appreciate it, as i feel sometimes i am talking to myself in here

cyllan

Quote Originally Posted by Warkeeper View Post

uruk axe troop light armoured uruk cannonfodder? there armourd like the uruks with lurts (where this picture is from)
    Wow thats a good one

[QUOTE=cyllan;5726191]
    1-dwarves are totally overpowered, i dont know where people get the idea that they are the "best soldiers" of the middle earth, they have the best morale and armour, and good axes, but they are not unbeatable hand to hand, as they are now, sorry but somebody explain to me a 4 foot soldier who is much better that any uruk soldier, sorry, but no, even Calvary charges are very ineffective against dwarves,

Yeah but dwarves have no cavalry so they can't beat archers and if your enemy has many archers you will get hard time because iron crossbowmen got only 15 bolts. So they got only verry strong infranty...

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Hey!

i've got just little suggestion..or question. Maybe you had thought this before but still..

- Is it possiable to make Alliances more important. (Allied factions fought every war together.. If somebody attack against me, my alliances declaire war same time against them. And everything same with other factions.)
    -Allied people give presents. (money or something else)
    -Blacksmiths better. (now they are quite useless..)

thank you..

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Hi. Great mod. Here's my thoughts:

If E.osgiliath is taken, the remaining men is able to retreat back to Minas tirith. (i dont know if thats possible). And you can travel from minas tirith to E.osgiliath in 1 turn.

i have an idea. for SS u added late era and early era.

How about adding an early era for TATW where arnor and angmar are present ?

Early era begining of third age ?
    Late era the one that is now.

Arnor vs angmar now thats a border dispute ill love to see.

Some of these things I'm working into a sub mod. Its an amazing mod. Thanks so much for making it. Enjoying thoroughly.

FYI, Dale needs more tweaking. Fundamentally, a good roster.

If you have a good animator, a Thrown Axe animation would be amazing; and this could then be added; with direction from the movies, to the following units.
    Dwarven Axe Throwers
    Rohiram Heavy Cavalry (the ones with Axes)
    Dwarven Light Infantry Unit able to throw 1 axe before charging and wields 2 axes simultaneously. Low armor (circa Gimli)
    Beornings They are a slave unit. Could be a recruitable AOR Unit; with some Bear Skins?
    Wild Men Merc Unit in the North of Gondor/ East of Rohan in the Forests
    AOR System; Some Human Units should be recruited by other Human Factions when the Loyalty in a provice is high enough; Elfs and Orcs can recruit some other Elf and Orc Units when conquered
    Additional Merc Pool, especially Dwarven Merc units for non orc factions.
    Huorns would be good; smaller and less powerful mercs than Ents. And there could be multiple Huron units in multiple forests; and there should only be 1 unit of Ents. Doubt its possible, but perhaps you could only recruit Huorns if you're recruited the Ents?
    Hobbit Sherifs, with feather
    Script Change : Possible spawning of allied forces as well when an allies citidel is attacked? (INVASION dependent). Only existing for longstanding alliances. Dwarves/Dale, and Gondor/Rohan, and only when an invading army attacks. They may not be possible, as you could not verify what tile an invading army is attacking on; and therefore could not have a SET tile to generate the allies army on. Just a thought for minds better than mine.
    Change the Victory Conditions of Gondor to be more stringent (include thee Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor) AND make unbreakable alliances!! Plays must rely on diplomacy

George Maniaces's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by cyllan View Post

People probably get the idea from Tolkien's writings. Crazy, I know. And yeah, the only warriors who could stand up to Glaurung the Golden on the battlefield would probably just get scattered by some Orcs or cavalry. Keep in mind that Orcs are weaker than Men, and Dwarves are just as strong, physically, as Men. It takes a lot of strength to hollow out a mountain with hand-tools . Seriously though, they were made by Aule to be tough, to be able to withstand a whole lot. So it only makes sense that they have superior infantry.

4-AI, the good factions keep fighting themselves, they will attack automatically if they see a weak city.
    Not a problem I've experienced with the Good vs. Evil submod.

5-more free upkeep garrisons, and cities should be able to spam defences on siege, as the computer does.

6-cleverer AI, not a cheating AI , that is the motto.
    Well, sure we'd all like to have a computer that can think like a human, and Germanicus has done some top-notch work with his AI mods, but there is only so much that be done to make an AI "clever". The rest is made up for with extra resources.

7- if somebody on the development team could just make a little comment about if any of the options above are possible i would appreciate it, as i feel sometimes i am talking to myself in here

cyllan
    They are probably too busy working on improving the game to respond to every suggestion. Don't take it personally.

- sig by LuckyNinja

I found this Lossoth concept art, and i think it's a very cool piece of Lotr lore:

http://www.lotroforge.com/images/Lossoth_Female.jpg

So i ask: would it make sense to have a Lossoth unit for one of the factions? Or even a Lossoth faction?

I think Dol Amroth should have a faction of their own(as The Principallity of Dol Amroth),i mean all of gondors grand regions should,and one of the leaders is elected the Steward of Gondor,And after Mordor is destroyed,all those factions becomes one,ruled by the king(like a Kalmar Union).And after all monster factions ar destroyed,another "Kalmar Union" is formed with Eriador,forming The Reunited Kingdom.I think Eriador should have separated factions,but its a lot of work for this!But,hey,ist just a suggestion!

Arithien's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Saurons_puppet View Post
    I think Dol Amroth should have a faction of their own(as The Principallity of Dol Amroth),i mean all of gondors grand regions should,and one of the leaders is elected the Steward of Gondor,And after Mordor is destroyed,all those factions becomes one,ruled by the king(like a Kalmar Union).And after all monster factions ar destroyed,another "Kalmar Union" is formed with Eriador,forming The Reunited Kingdom.I think Eriador should have separated factions,but its a lot of work for this!But,hey,ist just a suggestion!

Valid point. If you look at my post on page two I mention something to this nature!