Page 3 of 387 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

More type of rebel units like in Mirkwood maybe add Giant spiders and Trolls and only in Mirkwood and only as roving units, none recruitable, maybe a slim chance of running across the Balrog in Moria area or Misty Mountain area as a single highly powerful roving rebel unit, none recruitable of course, if possiable..Just a thought.
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

I support the idea of a White Council (coalition of the willing? ) to be in opposition to mordor's dark council, with the ability to call crusade on an evil city

Unit idea's :

Isengard -

• A second dun hillman unit, which is available late game (same time as beserkers / round 100) and uses similar armor to the uruk soldiers, but wields a 2h sword. Evil human shock troops

• Combine the uruk hai raders and uruk hai archers into one single unit, so that it can be usfeull all the way through to end game, tather than not using raders and archers once better troops come along

• The Isengard mine ability

Rhun -

• Decrease the ammunition on the early javelin unit, as they can spam javelin's for ages compared to a troop like the beorlings or the Harad javelins who use them all up in 3-4 volleys, and they do huge damage as well - 12 basic damage & huge amount of ammo & cheap cost & available early = very unbalanced

OotMM -

• A new unit who has no combat abilities at all, but acts like the Commissar in the Russian armies and stands to the rear of the army, giving them a morale boost on a timer as an ability (The Commissar's used to stand at the rear and shoot anyone who fled)

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

I would really like some kind of mounted forest warden for the silvan so that their lack of cavalry is improved.

Arithien's Avatar Laetus

I am a HUGE fan of Lore and increasing depth and possibilites to this game. Here are just a few of my many ideas!
    Events:
    Eruhantalë
    Thanksgiving to Eru
    The last of the Three Prayers to Eru said each year by the King of Númenor. The Eruhantalë signified the Thanksgiving to Eru, and was held at the end of each autumn. At that time the King would ascend the Pillar of Heaven, the mountain of the Meneltarma, accompanied by a silent, white-clad crowd of his people. He would offer the prayer on the mountain's summit, while three great Eagles, the Witnesses of Manwë, hovered overhead.
    Possible Effect: An increase in wealth and happiness in the Numenorian lands. Perhaps ceasefires will come into play.

Fell Winter of the Third Age
    The winter of the year III 2911
    The long harsh winter of the year III 2911, in which Eriador was invaded by White Wolves. The terrible floods of the following spring caused the destruction of Tharbad.
    Possible Effect: Food production slows dramatically and bands of White Wolves invade from the North (a unit to be introduced later).

Weapons and items (Ancs):

Aeglos (Aiglos)
    The Spear of Gil-galad
    The Spear of Gil-galad, carried by him to the War of the Last Alliance. Its name is translated 'snow-point'.

Aranrúth
    The sword of Thingol of Doriath
    'King's Ire', the sword of King Elu Thingol of Doriath.

Ringil
    The glittering sword of Fingolfin
    The sword of Fingolfin, said to have glittered like ice. With it he wounded Morgoth in single combat after the Dagor Bragollach.

Orcrist
    The sword of Thorin Oakenshield
    The sword of Thorin Oakenshield, discovered by him in a troll-hoard on his journey to Erebor, and buried with him after his death in the Battle of Five Armies.

Morgul-knives (Not sure if these are already in game)
    Weapons of the Nazgûl
    The cursed knives used by the Nazgûl had strange and terrible properties, and the wounds they dealt could do far more than injure their victims. If a Ringwraith were able to pierce the heart of a mortal with his knife, that mortal would become enslaved, and transform over time into a lesser wraith. The enchanted blade of a Morgul-knife would fade away into the air if it was taken from its owner, but the evil magics inscribed on its hilt would still retain some of their power.

Gúthwinë (Not sure if this is already in game)
    The sword of Éomer
    The sword of Éomer, borne by him at Aragorn's side in the Battle of the Hornburg, and presumably also at the later Battle of the Pelennor Fields. Its name means 'battle-friend'.

Durin’s Axe
    An heirloom of Khazad-dûm
    The events of Balin's short-lived lordship in Khazad-dûm were recorded in the Book of Mazarbul. That book later suffered considerable damage at the hands of the Orcs of Moria, and much of its contents became lost or illegible. Among the earlier pages is a passing reference to 'Durin's Axe', and this is clearly an item of some importance, but all the surrounding text has been lost from the book.

This early part of the Book of Mazarbul dates from the time when Balin and his Dwarves were exploring and establishing themselves in Moria, and the most natural reading is that Durin's Axe was some ancient heirloom - presumably the axe of Durin the Deathless himself - that the colonists had recovered. Without any contextual information, though, it's hard to be sure that this is correct: the Dwarves' records might even be registering their disappointment that Durin's Axe could not be found. Whatever the meaning of the words, it is noticeable that no axe of any kind was discovered by the Fellowship as they passed through Moria some thirty years later.

Anguirel
    The sword of Eöl
    One of a pair of iron-cutting swords forged by Eöl, the Dark Elf, from an iron meteorite. Anguirel's mate was Anglachel, which Eöl gave to Thingol in payment for leave to dwell in Nan Elmoth, and that sword went on to perform many mighty deeds - reforged as Gurthang, it was the sword that Túrin used to kill Glaurung.

Anguirel's history is far more mysterious. The only specific detail we have is that Eöl kept it for himself, but it was stolen by his son Maeglin. This must have happened when Maeglin and his mother Aredhel fled Nan Elmoth for Gondolin, so presumably the sword was taken to Turgon's Hidden City. What became of it after that is unknown

Anglachel
    The mate of Anguirel
    'Iron of the Flaming Star', the sword forged by Eöl the Dark Elf and borne by Beleg of Doriath. It was later reforged as Túrin's black sword, Gurthang.

Seven Rings
    The Rings of the Dwarf-lords
    Those of the Rings of Power that Sauron gave to the Dwarves to seduce them to his service. The Dwarves proved too hardy to be lured in this way, though, and the Rings did little more than increase their native lust for gold. By the end of the Third Age, Sauron had recovered three of the Seven Rings to himself, and the other four had been consumed by dragons.
    Possible Effect: Due to their increased lust for gold, trade could be increased and more money could be brought in to settlements.
    Arkenstone
    The Heart of the Mountain of Erebor
    "It was like a globe with a thousand faces; it shone like silver in the firelight, like water in the sun, like snow under the stars, like rain upon the Moon!"
    The great jewel discovered beneath the roots of Erebor by Thráin I soon after the establishment of the Dwarf-kingdom there, and prized by his descendants as the Heart of the Mountain. The Dwarves used all their skill to work the gem into a shimmering multi-faceted jewel that not only shone by its own pale light, but when light fell upon it, the stone '...changed it into ten thousand sparks of white radiance shot with glints of the rainbow.' (The Hobbit 13, Not at Home). It was a heavy gem, small enough for Bilbo to hold in one hand, yet not so small that he could close his own small hand around it.
    Many years later, when Thorin led a band of Dwarves to recover their ancient city, their companion Bilbo Baggins discovered the Arkenstone, and kept it for himself. Later, when the Lake-men and Wood-elves came to demand their own shares of Smaug's treasure from Thorin, Bilbo delivered the Arkenstone to them to bargain with. In the ensuing Battle of Five Armies, though, all enmities were forgotten, and Bard of Dale placed the Heart of the Mountain on the breast of Thorin in his tomb beneath Erebor. So, nearly a thousand years after its discovery by Thráin I, the Arkenstone was buried once more in the depths beneath the Lonely Mountain.

Potential Effect: Some generic effect – healthier, better governance, etc.

POSSIBILITIES FOR THE ELIMINATION OF ERIADOR AND THE INTRODUCTION OF 3 NEW KINGDOMS:
    Although the split of Arnor (in-game equivalent to Eriador) happened near the middle of ithe Third Age, it still raises possibilities. Arnor was split and divided into three Kingdoms:
    Arthedain

The westernmost region of the lost realm of Arnor; when that land was divided between the sons of Eärendur, Arthedain became a kingdom in its own right, and was ruled by Eärendur's eldest son Amlaith and his decendants.

Cardolan

The name given to the central and southern regions of Arnor; a separate kingdom after the death of Eärendur, whose rulers were descendants of one of his younger sons.

Rhudaur
    The easternmost of the three kingdoms created by the division of Arnor, lying beneath the Misty Mountains in the northeast of Eriador.

**I should have researched the timelines a bit more carefully, but I think it would add an interesting dynamic. The Kingdom of Arthedain was the most noble and advanced, fielding superb infantry. Cardolan took more to the horselords, integrating the advanced capabilities of the Arthedainian Kingdom with that of the more rudimentary and barbaric ways of the Kingdom of Rhudar.
    Now I understand what this is asking for. Disbanding Eriador would cause many problems, such as: where do Aragorn and Gandalf go? How can three smaller factions, who have a history of not liking each other all that much, manage to keep away the OoMM and Isengard to the South?
    Beyond that and many more points, I am only tossing the idea out there to give players more factions to choose from and more possibilities to take. Although small by land, these nations were considered VERY powerful, and proved more than a match for the Witch King and his forces of Angmar.

NEW UNITS:
    -Barrow-Wights and Army of the Dead: Unsure if it is possible to create specter like soldiers, but it would be an awesome addition
    -Numenorian Heavy Infantry/Bowman/Spearmen/Calvary –

They appear to be more out of the Second Age, but these Arnorian soldiers fought under the banners of Arthedain and Cardolan no less. If the Kingdom of Eriador isn’t split, then they could still be added to Eriador’s arsenal.
    -White Wolves – A counterpart to the Wargs of Isengard, these White Wolves were extremely large in size and could even be ridden upon by soldiers. They found their homes in the icy Northern Wastes.

-Snow Trolls – Preferring mammoth mining picks or axes, these Snow Trolls were sometimes tamed by their once Dark Numenorian overlords and driven to fight. They boasted a calvary-esque charge and powerful swinging strokes.

MISC. ADDITIONS:
    -I believe Crebain could be added to Isengard’s arsenal. These crows were used to spy on enemies from extremely long distances. If they couldn’t be made into master unit spies, they could be an ancillary to a General to greatly improve line of sight.
    -Saruman and Lurtz!! – Necessary heroes
    -Gandalf should be able to integrate the Great Eagles somehow. Whether it be an increased line of sight or an in-combat ability (like a rally horn) that inspires morale and increases attack in troops at the mere sight of these creatures (note: you wouldn’t be able to see them during battle), I think this addition would be awesome.
    -Palantiri – Perhaps these seeing stones could increase the line of sight of a General significantly, or once stored with a general in your capital, decrease the amount of fog of war significantly or almost entirely.
    -THE BEACONS OF GONDOR: (One of my favorite ideas). Many have argued for a Crusade of sorts for the Good factions. Well I agree that this would be a great tool. One possible way this could be implemented, is with a counter-crusade of sorts. Say the Dark Lord calls for an invasion on a Gondorian or Rohirrim land, an event would be triggered (maybe with a video clip of the beacons being lit from the movies) where each respective side can muster a crusading-type force and come to the other’s aid.
    -I personally believe that the Dwarven fortress of Kibil Dum should be eliminated and replaced by a settlement to the North on the Cape of Forochel, which would surround a newly added Ice Bay of Forochel.

That is all I have at the moment. Great work KK and the team! Let me know thoughts and opinions of these ideas! Thanks!

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

What about this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe a pike unit for the elves?
    Last edited by Brego; August 06, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

something about the ring and sauron! for example if the ring arrive in barack-doom with a mordor general sauron appears and he bacomes the leader of mordor empire, instead if the barack doom is conquest and the general with the ring enters in it all the empire of mordo vanish! i think that something is possible olso with isengard , if the ring arrives in it saruman becomes very very strong (particular spells or other things).

i think olso that there is not balrog in misty muntains army!

It's great that Eriador and Dale are set for a revamp. They certainly could use it and hopefully afterwards they will see more playtime/enjoy more popularity.

Another race that really could use some changes are OoMM.

Now before I get flamed for that, let's make a distinction. When the computer plays as OoMM, they are really good (maybe even OP?). This is because the garrison script seems to be quite liberal with cave trolls. Also, I think autoresolve favors their unit makeup for some reason. These two facts combined with the high number of devoted elf players in the community (who probably feel like they fight OoMM endlessly) has given the OoMM a reputation that hides some of their flaws.

To see the problems with the faction, one needs to play the faction.

1. Roster Variety.
    Simply put, there just aren't that many units that the OoMM get (Silvan Elves have this problem also...) 3 Archers, 3 Infantry, 1 Skirmisher, Trolls and Wargs. So thats 9 units. Gondor gets 8 different types of infantry. And that's just infantry. Players enjoy using different kinds of units. It gives the player chances to experiment with different army compositions and new, better units to strive for. The OoMM don't have that many different kinds of units. This may help explain what I percieve as a relative lack of devoted OoMM players.

2. Roster Originality.
    Isengard also gets snaga archers, snaga skirmishers, and warg riders. This is fine. From a lore standpoint it makes sense. But players look at OoMM and the faction looks like a poor mans Isengard or Mordor. Cave Trolls, not that different from Mordor's Mountain Trolls. Goblin Infantry, not that different from Orc Infantry. Nothing wrong with Cave Trolls or Goblin Infantry. But when the faction has 9 units, 3 of which are shared by Isengard, and the rest of which are pretty similar to Mordor's units, one begins to wonder what exactly distinguishes OoMM as a faction.

3. Balance.
    The match up against the elves is really bad for OoMM. This is not good since elves will occupy almost all of the early battles for a OoMM player regardless of whether he fights east or west. The problem lies in the fact that OoMM are mostly infantry and short range skirmisher based early on. This makes archers and especially elven archers a tactical nightmare. Early battles for OoMM basically involve getting kited all over the battlefield by elven archers.
    The introduction of Warg Riders has helped balance this somewhat. However, Warg Riders require 2 stables buildings. They aren't available until mid game and they require a significant upfront investment. Putting those two points aside, they're not even very good cavalry and they are expensive for what they do. Basically warg riders are an economically inefficient unit that OoMM players will use only because they have no alternative and they are so despererate for a cavalry option.
    Putting wargs aside, the typical counter to elven archers is to spam snagas. While this works somewhat, I suspect that ultimately the elves come out on top here from an economic standpoint. Worse, goblin armies composed mostly of snagas do a poor job or showcasing what are supposed to be the unique heavy infantry of the OoMM.

Suggestions.
    The obvious solution to most of these issues is to introduce some new units or faction mechanics. Here are some ideas:

1. Warg packs and a Warg Rider Archer/Jav Thrower. Not sure how difficult it would be to impelement warg packs. Can we do mounts without riders? Either way, it would make the the OoMM vs. Elves matchup more dynamic if OoMM had a cavalry option available at the first stables building.

2. Stone Giants (or Snow Trolls as suggested above). These could be a super elite unit like Mordor's Olag Hai. Alternately, if we can do a model that throws stones, they would make a good siege weapon. The lore for them works well. Here's a quote from the LOTR Wikia: "Though normally content to their dangerous (to smaller races) pursuits and usually neutral, a few have an unusual alliance with the goblin king Gorkil, who promises them more interesting 'targets' for their boulders which they hurl at the enemies"

3. Hobgoblins. Supposedly similar to Uruks, these would make a good heavy infantry unit.

4. Goblin and Hvy Goblin Skirmishers. Alternately give a javelin 2ndary attack to Goblin infantry. Late game javelin throwers are a rare breed (Muhad Tribesmen are the only ones? Are Pelagir Marines jav throwers?) This could really give something unique to the OoMM in the mid-late game.

5. Terafis' idea for a commissar-like unit is one I really like.

6. Goblins were known to poison their weapons on occasion. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this as a battle mechanic but it could be cool.

What the OoMM lack most is a niche. Everyone knows Elves are an archer team. Rohan is a cavalry team. But where do the OoMM fit? One option might be to turn them into the skirmisher team. I have no idea how balanced it would be but it would certainly define a unique playstyle for a faction that is currently very bland. Another option is to adjust unit costs and the number of individuals in a unit (instead of 126 maybe 200? Higher?) so as to create a faction that really does resemble the hordes of goblins that the lore suggests.

Thanks for all the work that's gone into the mod. I'm really looking forward to future releases.
    Last edited by no1caresbutu; August 06, 2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Additional Ideas

First of all I'd like to say this mod kicks so much ass its not even funny its crazy how fast time flies while playing it. KK and your team have done phenominal work, I would love to see an Empires engine mod for Third age apparently its much easier to mod with Empires. But what do I know.

As for the present:

Gondor definetly needs Borimir and Faramir (even though there's a submod for that it should be in the main mod). The models/bodyguard units for them are already done so just throw it in the main mod. And personally I think Gondor should for sure have Aragorn spawn as the King in a certain amount of turns. Eriador already has Gandalf and Frodo, they'll be fine without Aragorn, but I think they should start with him and he just eventually dissappears and swaps to Gondor.

Eriador needs a lot more new units, and for some of the units (particularily the swordsman or whatever they're called) need some re-texturing. I want to play as Eriador so bad because as of right now they have 2 sick heroes (gandalf and Aragorn) but they are pretty much useless it takes forever to get the
    somewhat decent units and there's very few of them. When I played them with my friends in a hotseat last weekend all I pretty much did was give them money to fuel their armies..... well I did kill OOMM.

ALSO: Aragorn needs to be on foot that is FOR SURE, with a two handed sword. As for his model I think he looks amazing. And I know how many people have complained about legolas using his fist of fury and the bow-of-no-use so I won't say much about that. Gandalf should be on foot too, and turn into gandalf the white in a certain amount of turns and gain some crazy retinue/ancilleries.

I agree with the previous posts about the RR/RC+lore being thrown into the main mod, as well as the improved trade mod and unique buildings mod. The improved trade mod really helps the game alot because I've always found money being a big problem and not having the resources to have enough units to defend myself, and the trade mod solved that problem. Custom settlements really need to be in the next future patch, minis tirith and helms deep and the black gate are already made playable in custom battles so hopefully they can be somewhat easily implemented into the main campaign.

And lastly the one Ring has to play a much bigger role in the campaign in terms of what effects it is capable of. If brought mount doom by a good faction mordor should be destroyed instantly, if mordor gets a hold of it Sauron should spawn as a 1337 hero with crazy abilities. I think Frodo should start with it at the beginning and if he brings it to mount doom himself he should get some crazy traits and eriador should be given massive economical/military/building boosts. Thats all from me. Again AMAZING MOD

Quote Originally Posted by bentlemp View Post
    This 'world' comes down completely to perspective.

From the good point of view there are a few goals:
    1. destroy the ring
    2. save rohan
    3. save gondor
    4. reunite the kingdom

From an evil point of view:
    1. find the ring and return it to sauron
    2. destroy gondor (mordor)
    3. destroy rohan (isengard under mordor's direction)
    4. conquer middle earth

At least that's my understanding of middle earth at this time. Pretty basic stuff. now how to introduce that into the game beyond what is already present?

From an emersion point of view:
    The one ring - A greater impact on the entire game. It grants buffs as well as takes them away (via gollum) but the stake arent really raised by its presence (at least so far as I have seen yet). The ring is the focus of everything or should be to a degree. Sauron should be sending forces (or somebody since the wraiths are tied up as commanders) to eriador to look for the ring. He should have spy bonuses in an effort to look for the ring. Eriador should be a subgoal initially. The ring should start with Bilbo and be moved as part of team (see below) toward Mordor. It's destruction should severely cause some sort of disaster to Mordor and all evil factions (except those of Rhun and Harad). A morale killer to say the least. The military aspects of the game should be invoked in an effort to conquer but also to protect/find the ring. So a new game winning scenario would be 'find the ring'. Because, even if Sauron had won at Minas Tirith and gone on to conquer Middle Earth...his goal of finding the one ring would have remained. He still would have been looking.

more factions - I think something that has been bothering but I've been unable to put into words for a while is the amount of playable options. I'm not talking about an Ent faction. And I'm not necessarily saying this is a game play point. Breaking up the the different 'groups' (i.e. elves, dwarves, men, etc) into smaller sub factions changes the emersion because it gives the player a stronger sense of struggle from the good perspective. From the evil perspective, it demonstrates the power sauron really wielded by controlling so many different aspects of the world.

reunite the kingdom - something I havent seen a lot of but really this is a logical addition. The goals of the campaigns have been 'destroy so and so'. Fine. From a game play point of view that makes sense. But, in world of middle earth, those weren't the only goals. Protecting different factions became a goal and after saurons defeat aragorn's goal was to reunite the kingdom. The problem we encounter is that as players who benefit from an outside perspective, we KNOW Rohan will be attacked. We KNOW Minas Tirith will be a target. So let's at least make the military goals according to 'middle earth logic'. 1. Defend Edoras. 2. Defend minas tirith. 3. Destroy Mordor. 4. Destroy Isengard. 5. Reunite the kingdom. And, if it's 'game play reasonable' to actually stipulate those as game goals, then perhaps we can arrange it so that these things happen as a course of play. As it were, i've gone entire campaigns as gondor neither having to defend minas tirith nor having to defend edoras. I was it to be difficult. i want to lose. It raises the stakes and makes the emersion what it should be...a struggle.

additional emersion thoughts - I think you're topic listing included some necessary items (though as I understand it...very difficult). But this is a wish list, so here's to wishing you get them completed. I'd also like to the Balrog of Moria in some capacity. Whether as an event, a disaster, an actually playable unit...I dont care. I'd like to see better ancillaries that are more specific to the individual kingdoms. Someone mentioned today that drinking shouldnt detract from a dwarf's stats. What a brilliant and small point that is true. Is it possible to change? apparently not but it's things like that idea that really enhance the emersion of the world and set it apart from ME2:TW in general (not that we arent already far apart but you get my thought).

From a game play point of view:
    The Fellowship - Making the fellowship in some capacity...and allowing the enemy to give chase changes the dynamics of game play. Units have to be allocated to the chase or protection. Spies become more important. Imagine this for a moment...the user controlled fellowship instead of heading through Moria (where they know there is hopefully a Balrog waiting ) instead heads toward the gap of Rohan. The enemy throws stacks there just waiting for his arrival making it impossible to move without a military confrontation. It builds the excitement and causes the user to change tactics. What if Legolas and Gimli were pulled away from their factions? How would that impact the kingdom struggles?

Units - this has been said a thousand times and I know it's being worked on to a degree but it wasnt listed. RC/RR apparently does a decent job of working issues surrounding unit balance. I've personally always stuck with the vanilla TA:TW just because I enjoyed it as is. But I have noticed certain aspects of battle that are impacting. I stopped playing the dwarves entirely because I found it frustrating early to chase everyone around the map. Even battling rebels sucked. Gondor gets boring after a while because it's the same battles time and again. It isn't until the better units are introduced that things really get spiced up so enduring a really long gestation period is necessary. You get the idea.

A second jihad type - Someone suggested my idea above but in two parts. I'm putting it together I think (unless I misread in which case...my apologies). A white council (as coordinated with the fellowship idea) that afterwards can issue commands. for example, the pope says 'crusade to antioch!'....the white council says 'protect the fellowship by assaulting isengard'...or something along those lines. you get the idea. it just sets up minor goals... Imagine if Gondor had said 'screw you guys, we're not participating in the fellowship' and Boromir went home. Think things would have gone the same? Of course not which is what would happen if a good faction ignored the orders of the White Council.

More forts - I think it would help with the flow of the map. I've thougth about trying the submod that was developed. Maybe someone else can comment on its effectiveness but it sounds like a good idea to me.

Castle/City Conversion - I'm not talking about the main obvious areas. But some of the lesser known, insignificant types...it would be great to convert.

GREAT ECONOMICS - To me, this is a must. I've always played the Total War games from an economic perspective. TA:TW really stifles that and while it's forced me to adapt and learn more about the game (i.e. using archers effectively...insert joke here) trade and such really isnt a focus. Look, I know it wasnt talked about in the books. But, these kingdoms had to be paid for. hell they fought wars over loot. Battle of Five Armies anyone? Economics is central to this game and should be a bigger focus. Different kingdoms should have different starting revenue (if possible). If not, then perhaps differnet building points. Maybe Minas Tirith is a citadel to start to demostrate years of building. Maybe the elves have fully established, yet empty, cities to demonstrate their greatness over the years. The dwarves perhaps not. I don't know specifically. But, trade really isnt a focus and it should be.

Timeframe - When exactly does an invasion of Edoras get called? of Minas Tirith? I havent noticed any rhyme nor reason and have had invasions called very early...well earlier than I expected. It's my understanding that the game takes place very early. These invasions should not be happening so quickly and Mordor should be lying in wait...building...taking over rebel areas quickly perhaps. Expanding from Mirkwood definitely. This might be a mute point as it may already be in place but i wasnt sure.

Final Thoughts
    This thread is brilliant. I think it's great KK is soliciting the community for ideas. It proves he cares about his product beyond just putting it out there. I hope we can provide him with some great potential.
    I totally agree with Bentle's ideas especially involving the ring more. This would add much more realism and depth into the mod in order for it to be more based on Tolkien's books. Historical battles as well as being able to fight in Helm's deep, Minas Tirith, Isengard etc should also of course be implemented to make this game near perfect.
    Last edited by enforcer; August 06, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

[minis tirith and helms deep and the black gate are already made playable in custom battles [/QUOTE]

Where? I do not see them Wafomania.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

make more merchanaries

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Where? I do not see them Wafomania.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=281944
    Last edited by Killerbee; August 07, 2009 at 04:38 AM.

I swear you can download helms deep and minis tirith its all over the forums and I saw the black gate somewhere. Havn't you guys seen the screenshots and videos?

Quote Originally Posted by bentlemp View Post
    Great Idea!!
    Thanks, but now I come to think about it, that's not very likely. It's almost impossible to model a decent looking Dead army, and the ones in LOTR:TW looked really ugly.

Senator

If you have too many battles in the misty mountains or near Moria you awake the Balrog.. So a event happens where he spawns and roams the misty mountains untill killed. although the chance of him Spawning is still slim like 15% or somthing.

Pike unit for the Silvian elves to make them stand apart more from High elves.

Another Heavy infantry Unit for Gondor to fill in the gap between the Miltia and Gondor infantry timeframe

The Bright green Cloaks on some of the Silvian elves changed to a darker blue or a darker green

Ents made a bit smaller

The last march of the Ents Event with treebeared..(Kinda like the Scotland Campaign with M2TW where Wallace would appear) be cool to have that event if your playing as the Elves or rohan again some kind of random event that can or may not happen.

More uniqe hero & leader models

Palm trees removed in Mordor
    Last edited by Deedlit; August 06, 2009 at 11:46 PM.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Get rid of this wait turns to unlock units or maybe have an option which enbables and disables. I found it very annoying when the AI has much better units and your stuck with the ones you started recruiting. Yes I know that hads difficulty to the game but honestly not all people want it.

Historical battles which also take place in the first and second age.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

My suggestions are about the campaign's gameplay:
    Since the Dark lord calls for invasions on a region (mostly on Edoras/M.Tirith/Dale)
    there is not a lot to do if u are on your own against the vast armies that are heading
    towards u....Allies do not come for help ...and eventually
    (on H/H ore more difficult level) you will fall...
    Suggestion 1:
    I know the difficulties of my suggestion , but why couldn't there be an option to
    ask for help from your allies in order to defend the targeted by the D.Lord region.?
    Suggestion 2:
    Evil factions have the option to join a crusade-type invasion, but there is
    not such an option for good factions ... I know that unlike the evil
    factions good ones have different culture and that's mainly the reason
    why they can not call for/join in a crusade.
    I am only suggesting (if possible) that this option should only be
    available whenever a good character gets the "The one Ring" trait...
    Then his faction should be able to call for a crusade-type Invasion/March
    against Mordor and Mount Doom...This option should be available only for
    several turns in order to avoid the good factions to crusade constantly...
    (if combined with the "Destroy the RIng " smod would be great)

I know that i am suggesting the impossible but it wouldn't be the
    1st time that KK and his team would amaze us if they actually managed to do so...
    Last edited by koultouras; August 07, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

i wish add a warg rider with bow for goblins and isengard

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Some ideas: (I'll post them in here aswell)

- Perhaps a small suggestion for the mod. It's kinda weird that Eriador has an uncrowned King (exiled) and that Aragorn is accepted by the community of Eriador, so perhaps he should be a general and the faction leader should be called Chieftain or something similar to that. Eriador isn't a kingdom anyway.

- More biographies could be added like Gloin's biography for example.

- Some characters could be added like Adrahil (real Prince of Dol Amroth) and perhaps a young Imrahil (could be in child-form).

- More ancillaries could be added to Gondor like 'Captain of the White Tower' for the eldest son (Denethor) and 'Horn of Gondor' (just some examples)

- To avoid unrealistic family trees you could make dead house fathers. The House Father (who's dead) has tree children which represent tree houses.

(- The script that's used to change Moria's name into Khazad-Dûm could be used to change Dol Guldur's name into Amon Lanc after being conquered by the Elves)

EDIT: - This has probably already been adressed but I think Rhonavost should be changed to Rhovanost