Page 10 of 387 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Suggestions

Miners have AP so they still rape many an enemy. And you can recruit 7 of them within 3 turns. You can have a cheap AP force of 9 units in 3 turns thatr way (2 Dwarven warriors)

I've also been thinking about improvements of the mod. Not that the mod kicks
    ass how it is right now ;-)

- It would be fun to have a few units of an allied faction: like in Helms
    Deep a pack of elite elven archers arrives to help. Maybe a chance of a
    'gift' of an allied faction when a city is besieged?

- Grima Wormtounge: unique superspy (100 % succes) and a function as a
    priest/convertion of the population when he stays in a city.

- When an evil faction wanders through the Elven woods there should be a good
    chance of an Elven ambush (losing several units, or an ambush attack with one
    or two archer packs). At least I'd love that In my campaign the orcs roam
    freely in the woods. And imho it's not realistic. Orcs should avoid the
    woods. At least in the beginning of the war.

- Easier to make an alliance (I'm playing with the Sylvan Elves, but it seems
    impossible to ally with another good faction. I tried to give them a lot of
    gifts. Nothing seems to help)

- something with time: the War of the Ring spans just a few years right? So
    getting married and getting children isn't logic in my opinion. Same thing
    for building: it would take a lot of turns to build a huge stone wall. Maybe
    the starting cities should already be almost complete?

- Stop the aging of all generals. Or an option where you can choose this.
    It's one thing which bothers me. There is a way to script this yourself. But
    I'm always careful with those things.

Furthermore there are already a lot of good ideas I really like:
    White Council tasks, deleting fog of war, more about the one Ring, Balrog,
    more spying and converting for isengard, Ents march with Treebeard, Sindarin
    for the Elves, lowering corruption rate, improving bodyguards etc.

Great ideas everyone!!! And again great work KK + team.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

- something with time: the War of the Ring spans just a few years right? So
    getting married and getting children isn't logic in my opinion. Same thing
    for building: it would take a lot of turns to build a huge stone wall. Maybe
    the starting cities should already be almost complete?
    The game start 50 years before the war.

Quote Originally Posted by muffer View Post
    The game start 50 years before the war.
    I know, sorry for not explaining further. In my opinion the mod could also start a lot later. Maybe just a few years before Frodo gets the ring. And then speaking in a lot of turns (12 or more?) in a year.

If it starts when Frodo get's the ring it is, if I remember correctly 12 years before the war really starts...
    But I understand what you mean but imo it's better like it is now. I love to build my empire up!

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Suggestion on reworking Dale:
    1)Include mercenary Dale Cavalary (than unit Dwarf-exclusive) in the building chain. It should be only weakened, so the same tier Rhunnic cavalary would be superior.
    2)Dale Men-at-Arms wielding 2 swords is lore innacurate. Give them a shield instead, so they would be a heavier version of Esgaroth Town Guards. (BTW where do you recruit them? I finished a campaing with Dale yesterday - turn circa. 180 - and I've never seen them)
    3)Unit upkeep cost is the same for Free Archers and Dale Archers. Dale Archers should be more expensive, since they are inferior only to the Elves.
    4)Dale should have something like heavy spearmen. The current Dale Spearmen have laughable stats compared to Rohirrim spearmen.
    5)Dale Swordsmen need reworking - either give them a shield and decrease attack value or give them a two-handed sword and make them a force to be feared (something like the Dismounted Black Numenoreans, but much much weaker)
    6)General Bodyguard's - the Bardian Archers should be reworked, from ordinary upper-tier archers to something unique. Is it possible that they would be armed with a bow and spear/halberd (that would help them counter cavalary if caught, Bodyguards shouldn't be so vunreable).
    7)Make Rhovanion units recruitable not only in Rhonavost, but perhaps also in Araw and Tirith Thoronath.

As a big lotr fan the ring should have more importance like it was said before by countless ppl the begining of the campaign is fine and it should have an event like the white council decids to destroy the ring and the fellowship is formed and off they go to mt doom at the proper year and the player could control them with a few scripted events happening along the way...and stop the wars between good factions and make them more helpful...my gondor soldiers are tired of fending of mordor and harad invasions...but love the mod 100/10

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I want to see historical battles.

Such as Battle of Pelennor Fields and Battle of Helms Deep. But with accurate numbers of soldiers and a choice of which side to choose.

Evan

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sete View Post
    As a big lotr fan the ring should have more importance like it was said before by countless ppl the begining of the campaign is fine and it should have an event like the white council decids to destroy the ring and the fellowship is formed and off they go to mt doom at the proper year and the player could control them with a few scripted events happening along the way...and stop the wars between good factions and make them more helpful...my gondor soldiers are tired of fending of mordor and harad invasions...but love the mod 100/10
    The problem that i see with this is that Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn and Gandalf are Characters at the start. What if they die before?

just a minor one. Orcs/goblins would all have black blood. dont think any one has said anything about that that .

It isn't posiible. Blood is world-wide. If it would be black for orcs, it would be black for men too

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    The problem that i see with this is that Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn and Gandalf are Characters at the start. What if they die before?
    hmm nice point maybe only spawnning them at the event of the fellowship...

Not a problem I've experienced with the Good vs. Evil submod.
    it should be in me2 third age version 1.00000000001, ditto about germanicus, dont you think?,

also due to the dwarves ridiculous armour (up to 23!!!!!!) even elven bows are pretty useless against a frontal charge,( and i used eldars)

Icon1 Re: Suggestions

Ideas i came up with for a fairly lore friendley not too hard to achieve.... Isenguard unit roster

More dunland units
    -dunlending wildmen, armed with peasant weapons (from vanilla m2tw)
    -armed wildmen, given spare armour and weapons from isenguard- equipped with mixed dunland/uruk/orc armour and mix of uruk blades/1 hand axes/burning brands(torches from night battles)
    -hunters, dunland scout archers
    -dunlending warriors, 2 hand axe
    -dunland raiders, limited number of light cavalry spears
    -dunland bodyguards, (elite version of warriors for dunland generals)
    replace snagas(goblins) with orcs, I think its more lore frienley as orcs sent from mordor helped saruman eg grishnak as with in film and warg riders
    -Orc labourers, axe only
    provide isenguards labour force for industry and tree felling
    -Orc hunters, weak archers bow, light armour, axe
    provide meat for the uruk horde
    -Orc guards, spear, light armour
    guard isenguards territory whilst the uruks march on rohan
    -Orc raiders (armed axin to armed wildmen)
    some of the forces bearing the white hand that bring destruction to rohan
    More uruk units
    -Uruk scouts, bow, axe, armour ,weak archer unit (replace uruk archers)
    locate vulnerable targets in rohan for raiding
    -Uruk raiders, bow, sword/glaives, shield, armour ,limited ammunition (replace uruk archers)
    The core raiding unit against rohan and beyond like against the fellowship
    -Uruk executioners, raiders with glaive/halberd (the one borromir kills in film to save hobbits) ,half size unit
    strongest most aggressive raiders
    -Uruk engineers, sword, heavy armour ,different helmet style
    carry siege equipment, mines, ballista
    -Uruk besiegers, large axe/swords, heavy armour, siege shields ,can form testudo
    created to lead assaults on fortresses like helms deep against heavy missile fire (move up ramp to gate at helms deep in film)
    Wargs
    -Warg scouts, bow, sword
    -Warg riders, sword/glaive, armour
    -Warg cavalry, sword, heavy armour
    warg elite

What do you think
    good idea for next release/submod anyone
    eventually i might make them myself
    in the meantime feel free to use these ideas

MORE MERCENARIES.............POSSIBLY THROUGH ALLIANCES

HEROES SUCH AS BOROMIR, FARAMIR, ETC. EMERGING AT ACCURATE TIME IN GAME.

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Well firstly the mode is awesome!
    Hmm... I would like to see log instead of ram for evil factions! If it possible!

also some beast units would be nice! Nothing too "magical", but for example volves ore fire drakes! Nazgul's Fell beasts would be very cool in my opinion!

And yes, rock throwing Ents, smashing orks!

First off, excellent mod. I can only imagine how much it took to make this. I have a few suggestions for the mod that would, in my opinion, make it better. If someone has already posted stuff like this, I apologize, for I don't have the time to read that many posts.

Most of my suggestions are in regard to the Eriador team.
    The Dunadain rangers look freaking awesome, but there is something about the green that is not doing it for me. As I recall, the Dunadain rangers wore grey cloaks. It is my opinion that grey cloaked Dunadain would make the units look better as a whole while differentiating them from their green-cloaked cousins from Gondor.
    Also, it seems to me that the rangers in the Eriador team are limited to ranged fighting. I think it would be freaking awesome if ranger swordsman and spearmen were available, as a kind of latter game elite unit. There is something about an army made up of nothing but grey-cloaked rangers that is awesome.

I will probobly have more ideas as I play the game further, but thanks for listening to my two cents. Hope it gives you guys some ideas.

P.S. I have been reading some posts about how to make the game "more cannon". It seems to me that total war, where anything is possible, is kind of the point. For example: I was playing Rohan (who are awesome by the way) and Gamling died 30 turns into the game. Currently, I have defeated Isengard and King Thingel hasn't even died yet. The infinite possibilities the game offers is both unique and awesome, and I would suggest that it should stay the way it is. (In terms of campaign game play)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    I want to see historical battles.

Such as Battle of Pelennor FieldsEvan
    But I think Battle of Pelennor Fields includes Mumakils and it's impossible to kill mumakils with cavalry in my experience....

Senator

With skirmish cavalry they go down like they got mad cow disease

Quote Originally Posted by Blackorc View Post
    But I think Battle of Pelennor Fields includes Mumakils and it's impossible to kill mumakils with cavalry in my experience....
    Horsearchers work well too. A combination is the best.