Page 1 of 387 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Icon3 Suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions for next TATW version here!

You can be sure that I'm (we are) carefully reading all suggestions and I always try to consider the most of them...

Please remember that the more constructive and reasonable your suggestion is (try to provide sources, pictures, think of game balance, strength, weaknesses...), the more chance it will have to get implemented.

Known Suggestions:

• Custom settlements (like Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, etc...)
    • Rework Dale and Eriador (already in progress...)
    • Rework the dwarven buildings
    • more heroes

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: Suggestions

I think there should be some kind of White council of wizard thing which would counter balance the dark lord's call. Some kind of Jihad in order to get back the territories you've just lost.

Have you tried to find ideas for more units in the games workshop LOTR part?
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landing.jsp?catId=cat1600016&rootCatGameStyle=lotr
    There are many pictures that could help you in your work
    Last edited by .eXorZ!s7*; August 06, 2009 at 05:32 AM.

to: Wining conditions
    I'm not up to date, maybe its already obsolete,
    but what if the wining conditions for elven fractions would be (instead of conquering many lands which i think is dont fit for elves and the third age) kind of protect the "weaker" human fractions?

Means:
    1.)destroy mordor and isengard
    plus: 2.)following fractions must be alive: eriador, dale, rohan, (gondor)

[not the dwarfes because every elf knows, they can handle themselves very well ("secondborn")]

so, playing "Firstborn" would mean: train scouts, get overview over activities of evil fractions, try to hinder their doings, maybe even give regions to fractions threatend by extinction as "save haven".

Just an idea; thought would make playin pointy-ears more like= huh, world-saver, great protector against evil and so fort

btw: you done wonderfull work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General:

-Add culture conversion agents. I especially miss them while playing isengard and mordor, who did and great job in corrupting lands they wanted to conquer. Those priests could be reflavored and renamed for every faction- Like Traitors for bad factions, Rangers for eriador and gondor, dwarven pioneers..

-Reflavoring and reintroduction of the guilds.

-More mercenaries, for good and evil.

-Including of RC/RR in the main mod.

-More balance according to lore. (Stronger and fewer elves, weaker and more orcs. etc.)

-The Faction who wins the Ring should get the choice to either use it, or not.

When used the ring should grant his bearer power according to his race, or innate power, but slowly corrupt him. Finally he might betray his faction and might found his own. (Like the baron alliance in the britain campaign.)
    The Ring-Bearer should also get "special attention" from mordor, like scripting a war between those two factions, or forcing mordor to sent more armies against him than usual.

However, there should be the possibility to disable the ring feature ingame.

-More (historic) events.Factions:

OOTMM

-Gameplay like the apaches in the america campaign. The goblins should get new buildings, units and technologies for killing enemy units or plundering towns.

-Add some kind of orc unit with the "chant" ability.

Isengard

-Isengard should get more diplomats, spies and "priests" than the other factions, save mordor. Isengards power shoulnd`t focus simply on military might, but also on witty diplomatics and the slow corruption of others.

-Add the isengard mine and more corrutped men. Maybe isenagrd should be able to recruit "corrupted" inhabitants of conquered towns.

High Elves

-Elven Axe warrios. I would really like those. The Axe was on of the first weapons used by the elves.

Silvan Elves.

-Maybe split them up in two factions. Change something to make them more than an "weaker copy of the high elves".

Gondor

-I would like to see even more AOR- Though saddly only a few fiefdoms are left.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; August 06, 2009 at 06:17 AM.

another one, i caught up in the night:

what if allied fractions could present or even exchange units?
    Like elves givin dwarfes a unit of their archers after the dwarfes helped them out in battle and so forth.
    Of course breaking the alliance would make these units go back or disappear.

Might be realy hard to mod, morover you could not for sure hold the balance in a long campaign (mordor giving isengard some ologhai and troll catapults to finally destroy rohan? uhh), but in spite of this i think it would bring even more colorful gamplay an *hooray!* race-mixed armies for good fractions

double p, guys
    Last edited by confused german; November 23, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

more traits and events about One Ring.

and stop aging...

Bring the Generals Hitpoints back to 2, it's a huge draw back in gameplay.

the important cities as minas tirith,this cities have a own models in the strategic map for example the city of dol amroth with the vigilant tower Tirith Aear,in the mod for rome Fourth age this city dol amroth have a own model in the strategic map.

more units types for all faction,mordor and isengard need more units types.

harad need the half-troll and more units types.

more videos inmersive in the campaign

more events and historical events in the campaign in agreement with the mythology of tolkien giving deep and realism to the campaign.

is necessary less economic power for erebor and dale,is necessary less money for erebor and dale,this faction have a lot of money and this is not good.

if is possible a AI better in the campaign and battle map.

if is possible a diplomacy more realist and historical with the tolkien world of the third age for example not war between factions of the good and good alliance between them and not war between factions of the evil and good alliance between them.

all important heroes and generals of the factions of the good and the evil.

scripts in the campaign,emergent heroes in his exact date of birth for example boromir,faramir,eowin,theodred,eomer,imrahil etc.

in my oipnion the faction of orc of misty mountains must be reworked as the factions of erebor and dale,because the models units not good.

more nobility titles for the heroes and generals as for example Guard of the white tower if the general is in minas tirith etc,in the mod for rome of the fourth age have many nobility titles see this mod.

more weapons,helmets,shields,armors etc for the generals and heroes in agreement with the tolkien world.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; August 06, 2009 at 08:02 AM.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    in my oipnion the faction of orc of misty mountains must be reworked

That he dislikes erebor is even less understandable. But we shoulnd`t spam this topic here.

It might be nice - if workable - to be able to recruit a few 'merc' units through faction alliances?! Would also help to represent the collective Good v Evil struggle.

Female heroes would also be top - Maybe not the Lady of the Wood, but possibly Arwen and certainly Eowyn.

Also, as I regularly get battered by the OotMM, I still like the idea of a plague-style Balrog event! Got to get Durin's Bane in there somehow, but he obviously could not be a unit! Maybe Gandalf going to Moria could even be the 'cure', with a percentage chance of losing him?

Sorry if any of this has already been ruled out, or already mentioned! And thanks again for all the team's efforts in creating this blinding mod!
    "Who is the king of earthly kings, the greatest giver of gold and rings?"

:o finnaly suggestions ahs been remade anyway

Make the ring-bearer slowly turn to mordors faction if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    in a post,i ask him to king kong about this matter and he answer to me that he made this faction very fast and king kong want in a future version reworked this faction.
    He said it several months ago and in my opnion i think that orcs of misty mountain need reworked.

look this orcs of misty mountain of westlmana of the mod lotrtw for rome,this orc are correct and good units models.
    i think that king kong can make something so good as this and with the engine of the medieval II one better units can be done And more easily.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1623/prev073no.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2672/prev091yq.jpg
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; August 06, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

I would like to see some cheaper units for Mordor because Sauron's strategy is to use a LOT of cannon fodder to overwhelm his enemis.

but I have not understood one thing... It will possible build a new settlement's balle map (into the campaign)? ..build it follow the different cultures of Middle-Earth? this is the great problem, the great one problem,of this mod (and of a lot mod)

suggestions:
    -should give the correct population at settlement (Minas Thirith probably have 40000-60000)
    -increase the turn in one year. the distances walked of army and hosts (and navy) are not realistic. and so you can start the campaign more near the end of third age than now.
    -there aren't city of dunland, there are villages.
    -the file CAS of the settlements should be more little.
    -hobbit's villages are a lot, and almost one next to one.

Thanks

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Harad needs more powerful units, I don't know what because I am not so good at the lore side of LOTR, but I just feel that they are way too underpowered. Another solution to this would be to give them a few more soldiers in each unit, because Gondor beats them with pretty much any unit. But I don't really know what everyone else thinks anout this, so I am just throwing out an idea

[QUOTE=Anibal at portas;5717870]the important cities as minas tirith,this cities have a own models in the strategic map for example the city of dol amroth with the vigilant tower Tirith Aear,in the mod for rome Fourth age this city dol amroth have a own model in the strategic map.

more units types for all faction,mordor and isengard need more units types.

harad need the half-troll and more units types.

more videos inmersive in the campaign

more events and historical events in the campaign in agreement with the mythology of tolkien giving deep and realism to the campaign.

is necessary less economic power for erebor and dale,is necessary less money for erebor and dale,this faction have a lot of money and this is not good.

if is possible a AI better in the campaign and battle map.

if is possible a diplomacy more realist and historical with the tolkien world of the third age for example not war between factions of the good and good alliance between them and not war between factions of the evil and good alliance between them.

all important heroes and generals of the factions of the good and the evil.

scripts in the campaign,emergent heroes in his exact date of birth for example boromir,faramir,eowin,theodred,eomer,imrahil etc.

in my oipnion the faction of orc of misty mountains must be reworked as the factions of erebor and dale,because the models units not good.

more nobility titles for the heroes and generals as for example Guard of the white tower if the general is in minas tirith etc,in the mod for rome of the fourth age have many nobility titles see this mod.

more weapons,helmets,shields,armors etc for the generals and heroes in agreement with the tolkien world.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do you really have to quote yourself? Do you think that if you have just 1 post it won't be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post
    Harad needs more powerful units, I don't know what because I am not so good at the lore side of LOTR, but I just feel that they are way too underpowered. Another solution to this would be to give them a few more soldiers in each unit, because Gondor beats them with pretty much any unit. But I don't really know what everyone else thinks anout this, so I am just throwing out an idea
    harad is a great empire with satrapies and tribes confederations with a core of his regular army very prepared and instructed as the dragoon troops of rhun.
    the army of harad this composed of many types of troops as the persian empire.
    i agreed with you,but harad need more units types not powerful to exception of the half-trolls of harad this unit types is powerful.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; August 06, 2009 at 08:14 AM.