Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro for my third age vids.

Default Intro for my third age vids.

Hey there, thinking of making quite a few mini videos involving battles using this mod (obviously) made one already.. but i had far too many troops on the screen so it lagged like hell =/

Currently, i have just done the Beta version of the title screen i wish to use, which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLSSNm-7Jco

*update: more recent video*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfH9ciylQeA

Probably needs a few tweaks, but thats the general jist of it.. i'm by far not a pro at using sony vegas pro 9.0.. but i am learning.

Any feed back is welcome, good or bad (although blatent idiotic behavior is not welcome, so please.. if you have a disagreement, make it into constructive critism please=) ).
    Last edited by Dusty4life; August 06, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: Intro for my third age vids.

looks good so far

I like the Map at the beginning..... but did you just use pictures inorder to avoid lag??

heh, this is the intro.. the main part of the vid starts after the vid ^^ still need to record that first.. which is done via fraps in game

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You should use cinematic editor...

ah cinematic editor.. fraps seems to work fine (full version of fraps btw.. not the trial piece of junk heh)

Fraps saves humongous files. At least for me it saved 13 seconds in 1 gb. Insta-delete

lol strange..haven't had that.. a 10 second vid on fraps is about 20 megs for me.. a 10 min video saved as an mp4 in high quality is between 70-100 megs using sony vegas pro editor

Cinematic editor also does that. That is when compression utilities like VirtualDub come in.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Yeah if i were you i also would use the cined, because you will never get such gret cameras with fraps (not because fraps itself, but you cannot choose so nice positons and cameraa angels and so on...)
    Btw - this belongs to the art section ,you should have postet here

thiis is the vid i made a day or so ago, just a basic one really, nothing special.. other than being outnumbered 2 to1 and loosing only 250 men as opposed to the greater army who had 5000 odd troops..hence the lag in the vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32h3F6rjup0

oh..can a mod move this thread to the art section then please?
    Last edited by jản; August 05, 2009 at 02:07 PM.

quite a bit less slide show quite a bit more video? love the music selection and timing, but i would keep all the writing, titles etc more inkeeping with the style (old skl/elven style) maybe even custom your tag as well to fit the ambiance? And keep the writing section shorter? felt like it was going on a bit. But I will watch with great interest. Have a look at MasterBigAb's thread - he has some slick vids!

Not just trying to be negative and is only my opinion! But I will be waiting for the next batches

edit: just watched the new vid - make the writing at the beginning into old script style writing that fades into sight and out again on a bit of parchment after a bit and I would not put in the slide show bits. Again only my opinion so don't pay to much notice keep going! I will be looking forward to the new ones with interest
    Last edited by Momus; August 05, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

I'd drop the screenshot out of the intro if I were you. They are not related to the video as they are just random screens, and I, for one, instantly press the red X button when I see slideshows in a movie...

righto..thanks for the feedback.. i have had a few ideas to replace the pictures for the intro, but lack the time tonight..so i will work on that in the next few days

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty4life View Post
    righto..thanks for the feedback.. i have had a few ideas to replace the pictures for the intro, but lack the time tonight..so i will work on that in the next few days
    If i were you i would really try out the cined, it's not very complicated, once you have made one video, you alost are an expert at useing it - and beleive me, there are really much really great possibilities using it, to make really good videos, and if you have fun makeing them, as it seems to me, you will really enjoy working with it and make great little films with it
    if you'll do a vid with it oneday, let me know

an update, took the screenshots out and replaced them with some vids..still tweaking here and there, might have to use cinematic editor as the ingame camera angles are annoying for recording purposes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLSSNm-7Jco

You recorded the videos with fraps I see. That is why there is a bit of lag. With cinematic editor you can render videos on ultra high graphics with no lag.

aye, fraps is usually good with FPS style games...but this is my first venture into videos using RTS based games.

for example, this vid of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gMCgPl23g recorded virtually lag free with fraps... so, i do believe cinematic editor would be the way forward..gotta learn how to use it first though heh

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty4life View Post
    gotta learn how to use it first though heh
    Yeah, it won't be easy the first time. Takes a lot of nerv actually. Cine-editor is not very easy to work with. It has some bugs that need to get used to. Overall it is very inconvenient. BUT, if you learn how to use it right, you can create amazing stuff with it. All you need is a creative mind and eye for beauty.

Check out some of MasterBigAb's videos. He's the master!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterBigAb
    Last edited by Neige; August 06, 2009 at 03:45 AM.

Dude, just drop all completely unrelated material out of the intro. You would do just as good with the first 5 seconds and the third age logo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast