Thread: recommend a game!

Default recommend a game!

hey all,

i will have PLENTY of gaming time these coming months and was wondering what games my fellow R:TW'ers are playing.

if you are going to suggest a game, please do so by:

1. name of game (should be a PC game. doesn't really matter what genre.)

2. reason(s) why you like it.

good times!

Hey buddy.

One game I'm playing alongside Rome at the moment is Morrowind. PC, RPG.

Reason being that the world is so large, there are tonnes of exploration and quests to be getting on with, unique magical, non magical items to be found. You can join guilds, the imperial legion, great stuff. Give it a try. Although I would recomend playing it with a lot of texture mods installed, along with some other mods.

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

battlefield 2 defenity cant miss that game coz once you get hooked u cant stop playing that game if you dont know about BF2 already i suggest go check Gamespot.com/pc for the review and demo.
    beware though u need a good Video Card to play ,but the game is so good it warrents an upgrade.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

GTA:San Andreas is an entertaining game. Good gameplay and hilarious dialogues and video clips in-game.
    They got quite a lot of celebrities to do the characters voices, I heard Samuel L. Jackson among the voices.

name Half life 2

reason-in my opinion best game EVer made the best plot and great action you also get counter strike souce with it its 2 of the best games i have ever played in one!!!
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

i ALMOST bought Battlefield 2 yesterday but found out it only runs on XP (i'm on Win 2000 Pro).

EDIT: btw, so far, here are the games i'm planning to buy:

1. GTA: San Andreas - not really a fan, haven't played any GTA series yet but saw some cool clips on X-Play with the tank and helicopter and everything and seems like a kick-a55 game!

2. Knights of Honor - kinda like R:TW... or should i say M:TW in a way but the cool thing about it is the battle's real time and you get to really build your kingdom, plot assasinations, go on crusades, etc. and say you have a big enough empire and your leader dies in battle, your empire could crumble (is there such a word?) and you'd start all over again to build your empire.

3. Guild Wars - this one's online and i've never really ventured in online gaming... yet

thanks to all who have recommended games and to those who will, please please PLEASE recommend games other than the 3 i mentioned above.

Last edited by j4k3; July 02, 2005 at 04:34 AM.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Silent Hunter III : Simulation

You are a german submarine captain during WWII. It is probably the best sub-game ever created IMO.
    EVerything is perfect in the game.

Battlefield 2 only runs on WinXP? It should run on 2k if it runs on XP. Win2k and WinXP are EXACTLY the same OS except XP just adds more security and a new "look" thats it. Where did you read it runs on XP only? The box? Boxes are always wrong for that...
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Pirates.

It's simple, glitch free, and fun.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

GTA- San Andreas.

Do I even need to tell you how fun it is to mass-slaughter people in a videogame?

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

Europa Univesalis II . Reason ? it's the best strategy game ever .

Football manager 2005

It is a manager game, were you take control over a football team. You control almost any aspect in the day to day life in the club.

Football manager 2006 will be out in october this year. And it looks even more promising than Football manger 2005 did.

Rome Total Realism forum moderator.

my suggestion

GTA : San Andreas ---> 3rd person action

1. It is GTA man!
    2. one of the most long lasting single player game I've ever played (beside SW : KOTOR and MGS3)
    3. not too heavy, but still classified as medium requirements
    4. Far better than Vice City for me (I didn't finished Vice City because it was bored)

Battlefield 2 ---> MOFPS
    1. no comment about this, many peoples already said it is so great
    2. so heavy, Geforce FX5700 or ATI 9600 or above is a must have, 2GB RAM maybe a must have ---> insane requirements

SWAT4 ---> squad based FPS
    1. good slow-paced FPS
    2. can be boring because of it's monoton and repetitive gameplay style
    3. medium requirements

Flat Out ---> arcade racing
    1. a good arcade racing game, have plenty mini games
    2. great graphics, IMHO better than NFSU2 in some aspect
    3. can be frustating, difficult steering/control for an arcade game
    4. medium requirements

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I recommend Morrowind too,even if its a little old....
    It gives you a lot of possibilities and a lot of quests,that gives you the feeling that you are really free!
    But what i really recomend is Oblivion...it sounds very good and i cant wait for it to appear...it was 2006 right??

I have to agree with the Silent Hunter 3 reccommendation. A warning though, it is highly addictive.

Or you could get Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, I hear that is pretty good.
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus