Thread: Art patch for middle eastern factions

Laetus

Icon7 Art patch for middle eastern factions

*** Art patch for middle eastern factions *** by JJN

This patch has over 50 new event pictures and new window border graphics for the middle eastern factions. Now playing Desert Tribes is more atmospheric! Enjoy!

Middle eastern event pictures weren't included in Tokus' excellent art patch, so after discovering how easy it is, I found myself making a collection of my own. Many of the images are taken from paintings made in 18th and 19th centuries, you know, french orientalism and such. While not actually medieval, I think this art is well-made and atmospheric.

Installation:

Extract the zip file to your DLV_ext directory. It will overwrite files in DLV_ext\data\UI\middle_eastern\eventpics and DLV_ext\data\UI\middle_eastern\interface. Make backups of those folders if you like playing safe.

I might continue to upgrade this pack in the future, so stay tuned! And tell me if you're experiencing problems with my patch. And Agis, feel free to include this in the mini-mod compilation if you like it.
    Last edited by JJN; August 05, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Default Re: Art patch for middle eastern factions

WOW..! Really nice..!
    Just downloaded and checked the files...
    This seems to be a really excellent work!
    BRAVO..!
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Ohh so nice that ME factions get a litle of love they sure needed it (though Desert Tribes sure need a lot more then that but that is surely not your fault).
    Excellent work! (+ rep ofc)

Good work! I'd been collecting a started a series but my business and real life stuff got busier. Then I started doing a lot of work for the extreme Middle Earth sub mod of TATW called 'Divide and Conquer'. Well done for doing these - I hope they go into a future DLV 6.2+ build.

top marks!

Lord Jagged of Cannaria

Laetus

BIG thanks everyone, I'm glad you all like the package! :
    Awsome to hear from Tokus the Art Master, especially. I too hope this makes it to the DLV 6.2...