Thread: rome in middle earth.

Default rome in middle earth.

is this mod any good? Where do the romans start off? how many troops do the romans start off with? they have any allies/enemies?

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Default Re: rome in middle earth.

Quote Originally Posted by joey6131986 View Post
    is this mod any good? Where do the romans start off? how many troops do the romans start off with? they have any allies/enemies?
    I can't speak for the team that created this mod, but I noticed that it had been a while since you posted, without a reply. I'm not trying to be condescending with you.

Having read Lord of the Rings about 20 times since 1956, I know a little bit about the books. The modification is based upon upon LotR, and it is a fantasy ... it has very little to do with the real world. It would be quite inappropriate to add the Romans to the mod. It would be the equivalent of adding the US Air Force to Star Wars.

As for the mod being any good, I can assure you that it is ...

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Rest assured, the team is busy with modding-related stuff!

The poster, Old Gamer, is referring to one of the two "tongue-in-cheek" releases made by the Fourth Age (one is a dwarven blunderbuss, the other a Roman legion lost in Middle-earth). Neither of these are part of the Fourth Age mod itself, which is of course as lore-accurate as we can get it. They were made only for some light entertainment for players whilst they await Fourth Age 3.0

Our official forums are now at ModRealms.com
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Rest assured, the team is busy with modding-related stuff!

The poster, Old Gamer, is referring to one of the two "tongue-in-cheek" releases made by the Fourth Age (one is a dwarven blunderbuss, the other a Roman legion lost in Middle-earth). Neither of these are part of the Fourth Age mod itself, which is of course as lore-accurate as we can get it. They were made only for some light entertainment for players whilst they await Fourth Age 3.0

Our official forums are now at ModRealms.com
    I understand, now. Thanks.

I noticed the Roman Legion thing a little while ago. Matching the mighty midgets of Rome against some of Tolkien's wonderful creations sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, I tried out you first mod, and although I thought it had a lot of promise, went to another because it was more complete. However, after several hours on FATW, I can truthfully say that it will keep me going until I can join a legion of halflings with the forces of Rohan! Extraordinary achievement.

I'll come over to your official forums, soon (if you can pull me away from the mod, that is!).

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thx OldGamer

Glad to know all the small details that went into FATW are appreciated (no mod has ever taken as long as FATW for me!)

Do try Viking Invasion II too, I'm rather proud of that one
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I will try it!

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

besides, I don't think middle earth would be ready for the serous whooping it would receive from Rome of lets say, 50 bc.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari