Thread: Descr_skeleton help

Default Descr_skeleton help

Hi,

Where is the XGM Descr_skeleton file? I cant seem to find it in the XGM_Data folder. Is there one? If not, what is a substitute for it, that you guys have made? Im trying to get the skeleton scripts for hoplite animations, to substitute in other mods, since it's so good. I understand that by replacing texts for fs_hoplite etc.... animation skeletons, in other mod's descr_skeleton, I can get your hoplite animations working exactly in other mods.

"type fs_swordsman
    force_hit_positions_to_cylinder
    anim stand eb/data/animations/LIS 01 Stand Idle.cas -evt:eb/data/animations/LIS 01 Stand Idle.evt
    anim idle_1 eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 02.cas -evt:eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 02.evt
    anim idle_2 eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 03.cas -evt:eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 03.evt
    anim idle_3 eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 04.cas -evt:eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 04.evt
    anim idle_4 eb/data/animations/LIS/LIS 01 Stand Idle 05.cas "

ETC... Like so, that's the texts I need for fs_hoplites, or w/e it's called. If I replace these animation skeleton texts into other descr_skeleton files in other mods, it will use fs_hoplite for that certain mod.

Thanks.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Descr_skeleton help

XGM uses SigniferOne's Animations Pack. If you just want to use the hoplite animation then add that pack to the mod you want to use it with and then use the fs_hoplite skeleton in DMB. A lot of mods will already have it included.

If you want to play around with the animations themselves, then I can't help much. I've never done it myself.

if you use S1's hoplite animation with EB's hoplites you'll have to rotate the spear on the model 180 degrees or it will point backwards. also, it should be called fs_s1_hoplite

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    if you use S1's hoplite animation with EB's hoplites you'll have to rotate the spear on the model 180 degrees or it will point backwards. also, it should be called fs_s1_hoplite

Thanks guys. You seem to know how to allow XGM hoplite animations into EB, any steps?
    I dont know how to rotate the spear on the model.
    Since EB doesnt use XGM's same animations pack, naming fs_s1_hoplite in EB's skeleton file wont do much, I need to create a directory for fs_s1_hoplte in that skeleton file for EB.
    Lots of scripts need to be written for specific files in the Animations_Skeletons files.
    Problem is, I dont know the directory or scripts for fs_si_hoplite, from XGM anmiations_skeleton pack?

Maybe you have a better way, steps? thank you very much.

do a search for "Unified Animation Pack." this pack contains vanilla, EB and SigniferOnes animations.

Sorry, I tried finding it. Didnt find much, only mods for RTR or EB 0.8, and most of them are really old from 2004 or 2006. I cant find an animation pack compatible with EB 1.2 and XGM (Signifer's animations)....

Help, a link?

Pelopidas: the Unified Animations Pack is simply that old. It is a compilation of various animation packs; hence the name Unified. There is no question of compatibility per se provided that you take caution not to foul up previous existing animations in EB: however note that multiple units may be using the same skeleton under the hood and hence a change to hoplite animations might affect other units also. (And possibly there are limits to the number of skeletons the game will allow, which EB may have reached. I dunno.)

Furthermore I do suggest that you take this thread elsewhere because you are evidently modding EB but these are the XGM boards. You may also want to take the time to read up on various RTW tutorials I believe there are plenty which cover the skeleton text files. (TWC has a nice wiki collecting all that kind of useful knowledge.)