Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

Default Re: Some Animation Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post

Ok there it is, thanks so much for bearing with me. As you can see.....troops that have musket_sabre have a habit of sticking around literally......since they constantly change weapons in melee....
    I'll take a look. I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    Are you going to add in the wounded/dying animations?
    Don't know, I'm not sure how I'd implement that. If I do it will only be once I'm done with everything else.

1. Updated first post - cavalry and officer animations.

2. Okuto, I see what you're talking about (not on such a large scale, though), it seems to me like the main problem is with the death animations. I'll try to fix it.
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 12, 2009 at 07:30 AM.

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nicely done tiyafeh!
    I guess this last mod will intervere with another mod I'm using... therefore testing it when I'm home from work... looking forward 2 it! +REP you when I have spreaded it around to others lol
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jopel View Post
    Very nicely done tiyafeh!
    I guess this last mod will intervere with another mod I'm using... therefore testing it when I'm home from work... looking forward 2 it! +REP you when I have spreaded it around to others lol
    Are you talking about the spontoon mod?
    If so, I think it should be compatible, just that the changes I made to the officers won't be visible (because your officers use a different set of animations). Anyway, I could make a version that is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    If so, I think it should be compatible, just that the changes I made to the officers won't be visible (because your officers use a different set of animations). Anyway, I could make a version that is compatible.
    Haha yeah indeed, was mentioning the spontoon mod
    When you would have some spare time, that would be awesome... but let me first try and see what will happen when using them the same time... altough I won't be home until 2morrow, since I promised to sleep by my g/f ROFL
    Last edited by Jopel; August 12, 2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Typos
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,

OK, let me know.

EDIT: Updated first post again - fixed a bug with the man_musket_sabre animations. Thanks, Okuto.
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 12, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Will do, thanks mate and a good day 2 yah

** edit **

A friend of mine just checked it @ his home (you have to love holidaý's lol) and they do intervere with each other... officer does only use the spontoon when not fighting in melee...
    Since I use the Equipment Tweak Mod (full version) due to wanting the backpacks and bags removed (but primarly because of the cartridge boxes for the soldiers, which is only in the full version) and I don't care for the spontoon, since that was used primarily by NCO's, I was wondering if it is possible to overwrite the animation for the spontoon and let ETW use your animations for the officers completely?

If you would be my hero I rep you to death... take your time when willing to do so mate
    Last edited by Jopel; August 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

(HG-F)Ipod's Avatar Tiro

You can do something with pikemen?
    See 1:30.

These are the real tactics of the pikemen.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

That would be excellent - I use TROM which has a version of the spontoon mod built in.

Quote Originally Posted by (HG-F)Ipod View Post
    You can do something with pikemen?
    See 1:30.

These are the real tactics of the pikemen.
    I'll try to do that. By the way, what movie is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    That would be excellent - I use TROM which has a version of the spontoon mod built in.
    I will.
    One thing, the sword raising animation doesn't work with a spontoon, so the officer will have to switch to his sword for that animation to work, and then switch back to the spontoon when the animation is completed.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

These animations of yours tiyafeh are starting to become very sweet indeed sir - +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

One thing, the sword raising animation doesn't work with a spontoon, so the officer will have to switch to his sword for that animation to work, and then switch back to the spontoon when the animation is completed.
    I guess remove the spontoon completely as I guess he means that as well Even more since a spontoon is historically incorrect as it was merely used by NCO's instead of officers... but I don't know about the infringment of altering a mod of someone else?

But I LOVE your animation of the officers!
    Last edited by Jopel; August 13, 2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Typos
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Look at this picture. My bugler work sometimes.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...23#post5762923
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

(HG-F)Ipod's Avatar Tiro

I'll try to do that. By the way, what movie is that?
    This video is from "El capitán Alatriste", a Spanish film protagonised by Viggo Mortensen. For its production Agustín Díaz Yanes used XVI century experts and he used real weapons. Formation that you see is the Spanish Tercio Viejo de Cartagena, after 8 hours of battle in Rocroi (1648).

hmmm....my telescope doesn't show.......

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

The officer with the telescope looks great.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

Doesn´t more usual give the telescope to the general? I say this because it looks a little strange when the officer uses it when the enemy is just twenty meters ahead.

About the melee animation I understand the infantry unique weapon, except the elite units, was the musket.

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by titanvoyager; August 13, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    hmmm....my telescope doesn't show.......
    I just realized that. It's fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by titanvoyager View Post
    Doesn´t more usual give the telescope to the general? I say this because it looks a little strange when the officer uses it when the enemy is just twenty meters ahead.
    The general will also have a telescope once I make him dismountable. Infantry officers dont use theirs when the enemy gets close. They draw their swords.

About the melee animation I understand the infantry unique weapon, except the elite units, was the musket.
    Can you explain what you mean here?
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 13, 2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: merged double post

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

Sorry, the english isn´t my native language.

I mean to say that the normal infantry should charge only with bayonets, not with sabres. Only elite units (guards, grenadiers...) carried sabres and muskets in battle.

I just want a little more historical accuracy.
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Sorry, the english isn´t my native language.

I mean to say that the normal infantry should charge only with bayonets, not with sabres. Only elite units (guards, grenadiers...) carried sabres and muskets in battle.

I just want a little more historical accuracy.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Don't worry, they don't use sabres. The screenshot of the line infantry unit charging is an image of Hungarian infantrymen (which come from some mod), not the regular line infantry.

Even elite units usually carried them just for show and rarely used them (although early in the 18th century some countries did equip line infantry with swords). The only regular infantry units I know of which actually charged with sabres were the Hungarian infantry and (sometimes) Austrian German grenadiers.

Only units that historically used sabres use these animations (Grenzers, for example).

EDIT: Two more things related in general to my mod:
    1. Regarding the spontoon mod compatible version:
    I think I'm just going to add the sword raising animations, and keep the spontoons at all other times.

Jopel, early in the century, most officers used spontoons. Later, the spontoon started disappearing on campaign, though somewhat less so on parade. I believe that in the American War of Independence, American officers still used spontoons, while their British counterparts stopped using theirs quite early on in the war. By the way I'm using the spontoon/cartridge pouch/backpack removal mod as well.
    If you still want to remove the spontoons, the easiest way to do that would probably be go to the mod pack and delete battle_personalities_tables and warscape_equipment_themes_tables.

2. I just had another idea for my mod. I replaced the "combat_ready" animations with the "aim" animations for musketeers, so when the enemy is nearby, they automatically raise their muskets to their shoulders. When formed in a square the front rank is unchanged but the men in the second rank look like they're already prepared to fire. This is as close as I can think of to a "present but hold fire" button.
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 13, 2009 at 06:43 PM.