Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

Default Re: Some Animation Mods

het mate...just found a big bug with the animations. It's the sword/musket charging. I've noticed that as a musket armed unit that uses as sword fights in melee, some of them get frozen in animation......I watched my men constantl switch weapons in melee so much that some of them just froze in place......and their muskets were floating in the air....

I'm back. I got four new sets of plastic miniatures yesterday (all from ETW's timeframe) and spent so much time working on them I didn't manage to get to the computer. Finally I have some SYW Prussian infantrymen to fight my Austrians!

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    ya it works now! don't suppose you'll give our cavalrymen pistols while you're at it?
    In fact I was planning to do just that, as well as making most types of cavalry dismountable. There are both good news and bad news, however:
    I'll start with the bad news: the way the game works, the cavalrymen have to line up in order to fire and can get torn to pieces in the meantime.
    The good news is that the animations are included in the game and work properly, so adding them is very easy.

het mate...just found a big bug with the animations. It's the sword/musket charging. I've noticed that as a musket armed unit that uses as sword fights in melee, some of them get frozen in animation......I watched my men constantl switch weapons in melee so much that some of them just froze in place......and their muskets were floating in the air....
    Hmmm...
    I'll need to check that out, I never noticed that when I was testing it.
    Could you post some pics to show me what you mean?
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 08, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

may I ask how to take screen shots first. The pistol prob is no prob...as long as you allow them to all dismount...esp the general cause he really needs to dismount
    Last edited by Okuto; August 08, 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Nice, but Im a little confused about the claymores.....at first I thought you were talking about them with claymore mines! Downloading now.

Hah, good one.
    Remotely detonated Mines back before the napoleonics...

Wow, I wonder how the tactics would have changed!

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

may I ask how to take screen shots first. The pistol prob is no prob...as long as you allow them to all dismount...esp the general cause he really needs to dismount
    When I take screenshots I press PrntScrn and then paste into MSPaint.

Regarding dismountable units with pistols, I've almost finished them. There's a mod that makes officers use telescopes and if I could get permission to use that I could make a very nice general staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Godless Pickle View Post
    Nice, but Im a little confused about the claymores.....at first I thought you were talking about them with claymore mines! Downloading now.
    Of course that's what I was talking about.
    Haven't you heard about this recent discovery suggesting 18th century Scotland was much more advanced than we previously thought?
    Apparently this is because someone invented (or will invent) a time machine and sent (or will send) several claymore mines back to the 1700s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    Hah, good one.
    Remotely detonated Mines back before the napoleonics...

Wow, I wonder how the tactics would have changed!
    Don't you know that in ETW they can be used on a regular basis (fougasse)?
    According to Wikipedia, though, the Chinese used mines that were automatically detonated when someone stepped on them almost a millenium ago.
    Also according to Wikipedia, a fougasse could be activated using a tripwire, though this probaly wasn't as widespread as the Creative Assembly suggests.

I dont use fougasse's much so forgive me for asking:
    Is there an animation for men being thrown into the air when the step on fougasse's? If so could you make a mod that lets them be thrown into the air whrn hit by cannonballs?
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

That would be great, just reminds me of Age of Empires 3

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    If so could you make a mod that lets them be thrown into the air whrn hit by cannonballs?
    would be better if they were thrown back, like the scorpion effect in rome total war. i'd like to see someone flying upwards when is hit in the front^^
    No-Time Toulouse

I think they do get thrown, I'll have to check, though.

I pressed the screenshoot button, now where do I find it? sry about this, I'm new at things like that

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Go to 4 example to MS Paint and there paste your screenshot
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

4 example? I'm confused, where is that.

Open the Start Menu, then select Programs, look for the Accessories folder, open it, and click on the icon that says Paint

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I saw my mounted bugler worked for a short time yesterday. I saw this from time to time.
    Did you get a step forward?
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

I know that but where do I find my screenshots....again I'm really sorry for my newbishness

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    It should work in mod format as well, I simply had it done in patch format already and didn't see any point in changing it.
    Regarding the Empire Realism project, feel free to use anything you want. I'll add this to the first post so people won't have to ask me for permission every time.
    Thanks and hello again, i intend to use your mods implemented in our Empire Realism mod (credits etc. are a sure thing of course).

My questions are, before i implement your currently offered files:

a. Will you modify/change/add/extend soon your modfiles (regarding the anims and the highlander/claymore things)

b. Are there still any issues/bugs?

And ... what exactly do you mean here?
    5. I forgot to mention, this also adds ramrods to cavalrymen reloading their muskets.
    Screenshot?
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 11, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    I saw my mounted bugler worked for a short time yesterday. I saw this from time to time.
    Did you get a step forward?
    It shouldn't work because I haven't released it yet. I'm still trying to fix the problem. If I can't, I'll release it as is and then it will appear only when firing (so it will only appear for dragoons, carabiniers, etc). However, I'm planning to give other cavalry units pistols, and one of the side effects of this is that the mounted bugler animations will be more widespread.

I know that but where do I find my screenshots....again I'm really sorry for my newbishness
    No problem. You don't need to find them anywhere, after taking a screenshot, just open Paint and click paste.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Thanks and hello again, i intend to use your mods implemented in our Empire Realism mod (credits etc. are a sure thing of course).

My questions are, before i implement your currently offered files:

a. Will you modify/change/add/extend soon your modfiles (regarding the anims and the highlander/claymore things)

b. Are there still any issues/bugs?

And ... what exactly do you mean here?

Screenshot?
    A. Yes, I probably will.

B. I'm not sure, Okuto has reported a bug with the musket_sword animations. Apart from that, nothing that I know of.

C. If you look at the vanilla dragoons/carabiniers, you'll see that when they reload their muskets on horseback, they have no ramrod and just move their hands forwards and backwards. What I did was just add the missing ramrod.

EDIT: Screenshot added
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 11, 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Ok there it is, thanks so much for bearing with me. As you can see.....troops that have musket_sabre have a habit of sticking around literally......since they constantly change weapons in melee....

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Are you going to add in the wounded/dying animations?