Thread: Will there ever be Peace in Afganistan?

Epirote

Default Will there ever be Peace in Afghanistan?

Will there ever be Peace in Afganistan?

After decades of wars Afghanistan shows no sign of easing the warring situation.
    With King or without, afghanis were rebelling.
    With Soviet or without, afghanis were fighting.
    With Northern Alliance or without, afghanis were shooting at eachother.
    With Taliban or without, afghanis were aiming at eachother.
    Now with US forces in Afghanistan the situation is getting worse despite the first predictions.
    Taliban are regrouping and so are Al-Qaeda supporters.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4636461.stm

ARE AFGHANIS ADDICTED TO WAR???

I think yes.
    Last edited by Epirote; June 30, 2005 at 01:21 PM.

Hi again, Epirote! Glad to see you're relentlessly pursue your quest of exposing evil nations around the world. Afghanis are simply poor, uneducated, proud and courageous (they put up a stiff but hopeless resistance to Alexander the Great, didn't they?). Pride and courage can be devastating in combination with poverty and ignorance. Remove the poverty and the ignorance and you have 2 very commendable qualities.

...Actually, countries must progress beyond the stage of 'tribal' loyalties before they can hope to become a modern peaceful nation. Throughout most of both Africa and Asia, this is the major impediment to peace. People need to develop a national identity before they can hope to become a nation. Although I can recognize the problem, I don't pretend to have any answers.

Spetsnaz's Avatar Miles

Afganis are nice people, and there resistanse is not so evil like chechens are, they dont cut off heads, and dont do terrorists attack,all they need is a nice leader , but an afgani leader not US or USSR's, but a good leader is born once in 100 years
    Pround member of the russian empire and a comrade of TranceCrusader, therussian91, jdblair5, crazyru$$in, Russkisoldat, JvlivsCeasar, Kdar, Valentin the II, KarakurT and Ricgard. For God ,Tsar and Homeland.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Quote Originally Posted by Dromikaites
    Hi again, Epirote! Glad to see you're relentlessly pursue your quest of exposing evil nations around the world. Afghanis are simply poor, uneducated, proud and courageous (they put up a stiff but hopeless resistance to Alexander the Great, didn't they?). Pride and courage can be devastating in combination with poverty and ignorance. Remove the poverty and the ignorance and you have 2 very commendable qualities.
    ah Dromikaites havnt you heard of the British TaskForce sent to Interject Afganistan in the 18th or 19th century they had a lot of Ghorkas along with them , only 1 Ghorka made it out alive and he went mad after wards,so dont think of Afganis as poorly led militias they are the the best damn fighters in the world after the Israiles.

and to get back to the point of this thread i dont think the fighting is going to stop in Afganistan anytime soon ,maybe just maybe in the next 50 yrs ,but even the best Think tanks in the world cant predict when.

Spetsnaz sorry to say but the afganistanies do terrorists attacks and if they get a chance to catch an American or any other Coalition soldier alone and unprotected out side his base thell just cut his dick off and then theyll slit his throat.

and pardon me if "evil like chechens are, they dont cut off heads, and dont do terrorists attack" they are as evil as the chechens coz they do shoot and maim and wipe out small villages of ppl who are affiliated to the Northern Alliance, only reason it dosnt leak out into the western mainstream media is that all these things going on there happen to the poor afgan tribes living in small villages so it dosnt really make good news material in the telle unless some coalition personel are involved.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Spetsnaz's Avatar Miles

cut his dick off and then theyll slit his throat.

What i mean is that they dont take schools hostage, or hospitals.
    Pround member of the russian empire and a comrade of TranceCrusader, therussian91, jdblair5, crazyru$$in, Russkisoldat, JvlivsCeasar, Kdar, Valentin the II, KarakurT and Ricgard. For God ,Tsar and Homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by darkragnar
    ah Dromikaites havnt you heard of the British TaskForce sent to Interject Afganistan in the 18th or 19th century they had a lot of Ghorkas along with them , only 1 Ghorka made it out alive and he went mad after wards,so dont think of Afganis as poorly led militias they are the the best damn fighters in the world after the Israiles.

Spetsnaz sorry to say but the afganistanies do terrorists attacks and if they get a chance to catch an American or any other Coalition soldier alone and unprotected out side his base thell just cut his dick off and then theyll slit his throat.
    Afganistanians and terrorist attacks? You are just brainwashed. "sorry to say"

They fought bravely against British invaders. Just like Soviet Partisans, French Resistance what was wrong thing in Afghanistan? They had a right to kill any invader to the last men? Just like every self-respected nation. Why should they say to British "come on give some opium to us?"

And cronic witch hunter Epirote. Why should you join the papal state :laughing:

Epirote

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire
    You are just brainwashed. "sorry to say"
    And cronic witch hunter Epirote. Why should you join the papal state :laughing:
    What is this?
    I am just trying to bring attention about Afghanistan the the country of constant Wars.
    And little ottoman janissarie made it personal once more for no reason.
    What witchcrafts have to do with the topic?
    Did anyone mentioned the Pope?
    Why do you try to inflame the debate?

Spetnaz

I think you are wrong.
    Afghanis are the same as Chechen and any other people fighting for their freedom.
    All rebels use extreme methods as it was done through out history.
    But now we have the media that brings the images in our living-room.
    Don`t forget Chechnya is less than 1.000.000 and Russian forces are equally responsible for extreme doings.

As for Afghanistan they are good fighters cause they are born, raised and die in wars.
    All wars are in their native lands which gives them the bonus of knowing the hard terrain of Afghanistan.
    And Quran only teaches them not to fear death because in afterlife they will be rewarded.
    Afghanis are not better or worse than Vietnamese, communist partisan, .......
    Comparing them with a professional army is wrong.
    Afghanis as guerillas choose their fights with pre organised ambushes.
    While professional armies are always in the line.
    My point guerillas is not the same as the army.
    Last edited by Epirote; July 01, 2005 at 06:18 AM.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

-They fought bravely against British invaders. Just like Soviet Partisans, French Resistance what was wrong thing in Afghanistan?
    ah i never said they didnt have the right to defend them self.u seem to have some unresovled issues for some reason.I did say they are the toughest fighters after the Israelies and they would be down right stupid and incompetent if they didnt use gurella tactics which are generally known as terror tactics in the mainstream media.
    -Why should they say to British "come on give some opium to us?"
    whats that about i dont understand what your comment means , the afgans supply the opium to britan along with bangladesh and sri lanka so what are you trying to say?
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Epirote

All fought bravely against the occupier.
    But while the rest builded their ruined countries, Afghanistan continued some other war.

Is it because afghanistan is made up by many ethnicities with no clear majority?
    I believe a divided Afghanistan among ethnic lines would have more prospects of peace.
    A country big as that with high birth rate is difficult to be controlled.

Division happens in many nations for many reason, if nothing else the people of Afganistan would under normal circumstances be united by Islam. However taking a closer look I think that it's not because they've no social identity, but because petty political faction seek control of the whole. The same problem we often see in Africa.
    Member of S.I.N."Our civil rights have no dependence upon our religious opinions more than our opinions in physics or geometry." --Thomas Jefferson
    Agnosticism, a personal relationship with common sense.
    “We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes” Gene Roddenberry quote
    Under the Patronage of Squeakus Maximus.

Epirote

Quote Originally Posted by Honeohvovohaestse
    Division happens in many nations for many reason, if nothing else the people of Afganistan would under normal circumstances .
    be united by Islam
    More Islam is the last thing Afghanistan needs.
    I would recommend less Islam if not at all.

Taliban were die hard muslim and so was the Northern Alliance.
    And all before and all after are muslim.
    They are so muslim they even demolished one of the county's biggest archeological monuments because it was not muslim.(Budha statue)
    Even with US forces and under US protection the current constituion of Afghanistan say that it is an Islamic republic.

Islam never united anyone.
    And Afghanistan is the strongest proof.
    Sudan follows.

Bull****. Islam historically has been the uniting force behind many empires and nations in the past and today. What creates the chaos that we are seeing now in Afghanistan and the rest of the third world is the direct result of foreign powers trying to meddle where they didn't belong. The United States is more or less responsible for the Taliban being in power because the Taliban are the 2nd generation of the Mujihudeen ("freedom fighters), the radical Islamic guerillas that the CIA trained and supplied to fight the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 70's. Osama bin Laden among them.

Historically, Afghanistan has never sought war outside of their own territory, and are therefore not "hungry for war," or however you put it. Afghanistan has always been fiercely resistant to (and highly successful at expelling) any foreign occupier, be it the Macedonians, Persians, British, Soviets, and now us the Americans, and I think that it was sloppy planning that completely ignored this history prior to our ground commitment.

As for the rest of the third world, their plight has nothing to do with the "lack of a national identity," or "tribal loyalties." I am amazed that such pomposity and condescension actually survived the 19th century. I'm surprised that you didn't call them savages. No, the chaos of the third world is the direct result of COLONIALISM. The Europeans came in, took their resources, and intentionally pitted one ethnicity or religion against another to divide the people against themselves to strengthen their rule. When the people in many of these countries eventually did eject the European colonialists in the 20th century, the result of these infused polarities resulted in the horrible genocides and partitions that we have seen and are seeing today. Look at India, how the Sikhs and Hindus were pitted against the Muslims (the reason for the creation of a seperate Pakistan); millions were killed in the most violent partition ever recorded in history. Look at Rwanda, Sudan, everywhere else. Often because the most radical of the fighters and revolutionaries who expelled the Europeans were the only ones capable of ejecting them, these people ascended to dictatorial power and further perpetuated the massive wealth inequality, furthering their country's poverty. Colonialism did bring modern technology and political philosophy to third world cultures, but this by no means justifies the end result of that exploitation. As an American especially, I believe in a country's right of self-determination, which colonialism is perhaps the biggest slap in the face towards.
    Last edited by Simetrical; July 07, 2005 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Corrected for filter failure

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Ever is a long time. Eventually, there will be peace in Afghanistan . . . eventually there will be peace everywhere. Eventually the human race will become extinct.

Will there be peace in Afghanistan in our lifetimes? I'm hopeful. The pace of technology is such that I don't think we'll recognize the world fifty years from now. I don't think that peace and war will be relevant. Maybe I'm just idealistic, but this is my hope and my belief. We'll see.

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Epirote

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    Ever is a long time. Eventually, there will be peace in Afghanistan . . . eventually there will be peace everywhere. Eventually the human race will become extinct.
    I agree with you.
    There will be World Peace when Man kind become extinct.

Epirote

Quote Originally Posted by Naja
    Bull****. Islam historically has been the uniting force behind many empires and nations in who .............................................no means justifies the end result of that exploitation. As an American especially, I believe in a country's right of self-determination, which colonialism is perhaps the biggest slap in the face towards.
    Yeah sure.

Once more the evil hand of Europe is behind all bad happening around the world.
    Still blaming Colonization era.
    Some nation have to get past this complex for blaming others for their current problems.

Islam had a brief moment of Cultural advance.
    From then it is standing still in it`s teachings.
    Islam hasn`t been travelling with the times like Christiantiy or Budhism.

All religions in the past were a uniting force when people were more devout.
    Islam made the people religiously homogenious but never really united them.
    And these problems are poping up now.
    Last edited by Epirote; August 15, 2005 at 09:37 AM.