Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [SUB MOD] Crackle of Musketry v0.3! 2.1 Final Compatible

Default Re: [SUB MOD] Crackle of Musketry v0.3! 2.1 Final Compatible

yuo must give all units "can skirmish" ability so they will be capable of light infantry fire behavior.

if i used the sounds provided, will this conflict with my mod_soundv3 mod? or work in conjunction with? or what?
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    yuo must give all units "can skirmish" ability so they will be capable of light infantry fire behavior.
    gotcha, thanks~

just out of curiosity though, would giving all units mass_fire have the same effect??
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

nope - mass fire is less effective - whole unit waits till all men reloaded, where with modified volley they fire at will. Also, mass fire required certain fixed spacing, or they will spread out...

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    if i used the sounds provided, will this conflict with my mod_soundv3 mod? or work in conjunction with? or what?
    if mod_soundv3 includes musket fire effects then yes, of course there's a conflict.
    Put crackle at the top of the mod list to get its sounds.

heya, what editor can I use to access the .pack file for CoM?? As I beleive it may not include some fixes done in the hotfix released for 2.1 (2.1.2?)

Most notably the requirment to add ammo to swedish artillery otherwise they do not fire in battle...

I am having no luck with DB editor 1.7 as it crashed everytime I try to access a table

I'm afraid I'm the worlds biggest noob at installing mods, and only managed IS through their brilliant detailed instruction page. Do I extract the files for this mod into the data folder? Do i have to do anything else?

Vndal

Could we get a version that only has militia units utilizing this behavior?

I really think this mod is very good, and add some realism to the game... but don't you think it's strange for a guy 5 rows behind the first one be able to fire up front without hurting his friends? Is it not possible to make only the first rows fire at will?

Nice mod i like the sound of the muskets! More of it!

Severloh: actually - thats the vanilla behavior where only first row fire, others just stand and do nothing. Real drill was where 2 ranks fired, third only reloaded and passed musket to the second row,but we cannot simulate that... another thing is, in combat, even those in third row often fired their weapon instead of passing it to second row causing casualties to own men - statistic says about 1/5 of looses were taken by own men....

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Severloh: actually - thats the vanilla behavior where only first row fire, others just stand and do nothing. Real drill was where 2 ranks fired, third only reloaded and passed musket to the second row,but we cannot simulate that... another thing is, in combat, even those in third row often fired their weapon instead of passing it to second row causing casualties to own men - statistic says about 1/5 of looses were taken by own men....
    yeah thats right but it would be a good thing if the first row goes down after fire and the secound row then fires! I think it must be possible to do that for this sub mod?

Mod maniger dont work for me for some reason so i will have to use the user.empire_script file to activate this mod. But what am i supposed to type in to get it working realy?

you enable each mod file, which has the .pack format in the scripts file. So if you want do add a mod, just type the related pack files name in there, as you see in the IS script file.

Is this save compatible?

Not seeing a download link for this, is it still available?

As a rule, if the mod is not specifically made for version 2.2.1b, then it isn't compatible.

In this case, it may still work. But, there isn't a link to download. This was for and older version, so it is possible that all or some of the elements were adopted into the current mod. This predates my arrival.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456