Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED (Version 0.2 almost complete!)

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED (Version 0.2 almost complete!)

Romy's combined
    mini-mod

I present to you my mini-mod for Hundred Years War 0.9 mod.

*VERSION 0.1 :

This mini-mod includes :

-Burreck's skins
    -Changing the recruitment of the AI (no more full armies of archers and gendarmes)by limiting the mounted and skirmish troops recrutement.
    -Changing the movement of charachters(now you can do Paris - Burgos 2 times in one turn)
    -Changing the power of the arrows(they are more effective and it's historically more accurate IMO)
    -Changing the number of men in MELEE INFANTRY units to 150(cavalry , 80 men and skirmish units , 120 men).
    -Trying to make the other factions(HRE,Savoy,Argon,Burgundy and Flandres) more aggressive.
    -Flemish have now Portugal colours(Burreck's ones) because I don't really liked the yellow.
    -Changing the portraits to the Medieval 1 ones.
    -New skins for the Aragonese's shields.
    -Starting date : 1335
    -and some other things I can't remember..

OPTIONAL:

-flags on the battlemap removed
    -markers of the units on the battlemap removed
    -fatigue removed
    -morale removed

(downloadable as a separate file)

I know , it isn't really balanced but it's , I think , funnier.
    I'm planning to implent totally new models and skins from the italian Bellum Crucis 5.0 mod(because I find the skins in this mod wonderful , especially the late ones) and some new factions like Castille , Milan , Ireland and/or Scotland.Of course , I'll ask permission to the BC 5.0 modders to release my version with the new skins/models once/if it's finished.
    I'm trying to get a non-vanilla skins mod with some new factions.
    It isn't sure that I'm doing a version with new skins/models and new factions.It depends of my time and IF I want to do it.
    Otherwise , someone can join me and , together ,we CAN do it.

*Downloads:

-Combined mini-mod:
    - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RU9V8SLS (version 0.1)
    - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SUTCUQHQ (removes flags , fatigue , morale , units markers on the battlemap + ENABLE THE NEW SKINS)

(I'll do an other preference file which doesn't remove flags , fatigue , morale and unit markers IF needed/asked)

-Little add-on's and fixes:
    - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L5HN5X91 (descr_strat for the AI's recruitment)
    - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPSHOZ0S (fix for the gendarmes recruitment)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SUTCUQHQ (removes flags , fatigue , morale , units markers on the battlemap)

*Installation:
    Simply extract the files downloaded(with 7Zip , Winrar , etc) in your HYW 0.9 folder.Answer "yes" to replace the old files.

-For the preference file , extract it in the Medieval II Total War folder.

Credits:

Burreck:skins
    HYW team:for this wonderful mod
    Romy:editing files

Romy#11
    Last edited by romy; August 06, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1

Hey Romy,

That sounds very interesting, some good ideas in there. Feel free to play around with our mod, and make your own mod-mod.

I'd have to think a lot about implementing some of your suggestions into our work. For instance, a lot of thinking went into movement rates. Although they are obviously not realistic in the real world, they certainly work in the game.
    Remember that how a AI faction develops its strategy depends a lot on how many cities an army can "see" in its strategic eye. It is a well known fact, that if it sees too few cities, it doesn't work properly. In my opinion something similar happens when the AI sees too many enemy armies in its range of attack.

But there seems to be a lot of good thinking in your work, and maybe we'll ask your permission to use and abuse some of it!

By the way, thanks for those tips on the Navarrese (in the factions thread).

messiah's Avatar Semisalis

I don't think you should've made arrows more lethal. Arrows were not that strong. Actually, a barbed arrow could pierce casual plate armour only from 20 meters away in no wind, rain etc. But, if it is possible, I think either the mod team or anyone else should change the amount of arrows fired in a minute. Archers could shoot up to 18 arrows per minute (but shooting fast decreases precision) and crossbowmen who used the hook which was as a belt could fire 7 or 8 arrows per minute.

Otherwise, great work!

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

archers need to have their projectiles split based on skill of the unit. like elite arrow, good arrow, reg arrow, levy arrow. same goes for javs and crossbows. also trebchuts and catapults could use a little mroe accuracy vs troops.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Good job romy .
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

romy's Avatar Semisalis

thanks everyone

To on a mountain : feel free to integrate it your future version , you don't have to ask for.

I've some problems attaching my file to the post : I can't attach a folder like the 'data' one but I can only attach file like descr_strat , config_ai , etc (text files).
    I tried to upload on filefront but it's the same problem.Can you help me?

Put everything into a zip file, that should work.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

that's it.
    I'm uploading my data file on filefront.
    I'll post the link in about 3 hours.

it's been more than 3 hours.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED

I just came back at home.
    I posted the file in my first post.
    Some fixes will follow soon today or tomorrow.
    Give me some feedbacks about it.
    Enjoy

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED

version 0.2 is being worked on.

It will include :
    -New battle's gameplay(Darthmod)
    -new shields for France
    -new skins(again and not burreck's ones) for England
    -new cities(strat_map)
    -new colour and terrain + new trees on the strat map (campaign map)
    -new barded horses for France
    -permanent arrows
    -and some other things I am going to add.

I'm asking permission right now to the respective modders.
    Last edited by romy; August 06, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Default Re: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED (Version 0.2 almost complete!)

you are a driven man, Romy. Where are the trees from?

Default Re: Romy's combined mini-mod 0.1 RELEASED (Version 0.2 almost complete!)

Could you please remove all parts modded by me from your minimod? I don't like people who blow other peoples trumpets, without even asking them if they are allowed to touch the trumpet. I haven't modded my part of this mod so other people can run of with it and use it for themselves.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by theStig View Post
    I don't like people who blow other peoples trumpets, without even asking them if they are allowed to touch the trumpet
    Take it easy Stig, he has already asked twice iirc. Still, you indeed have any right about asking him this, imo.
    Last edited by =NF= Vasileios_the2nd; August 07, 2009 at 06:30 AM.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Never asked me ... I have said multiple times to multiple people that the stuff I modded won't be free for everyone till we've finished the entire mod. Otherwise other people will finish a mod before we do. Simple as that.

Stig out

romy's Avatar Semisalis

The trees are from Charge.
    To Stig : well , I asked before releasing and on a mountain was OK.I thought that when oam answered "yes" , I could release it.Where can I find the thread with the your part of work on the mod.I'll remove it if I can if not , I won't release any public release of this mini-mod.

PS:I ask always to the respective modders if I can input their things in my mod.

pernamate arrows is a mistake it tends to slow down and even crash your computer if it's not running in ETW worthy shape.
    cant read?

romy's Avatar Semisalis

There aren't any bug with permanent arrows and it works perfectly if that's what you mean.

Report : I added to my mini-mod two things :
    -Sinuhet's battle mechanics(working with the Darthmod)
    -12 turns per year script with correct aging!
    -new strat_castles by Agart(+ his cities)
    -and some things I've changed/balanced in multiple files.

I'm waiting the permission(from the 3 members of this mod : onamountain , TheStig and Vasileios) to update the mod and to post the download.

I'll post the credits of the respective modders when I post the download file.

I am sorry Romy, but if stig is not allowing you to use his material, it will be very difficult to implement this.
    You would really have to remove the parts of the mod that he has done, and these are in some parts very enmeshed with what Vas has done. The only part of the mod that can be used freely, as it was pretty much exclusively done by me, is the map, although once we get down to the descr_strat, there are many parts that Vas has fine-tuned.

Stig has not been around much lately (as he has been off on archaeological fieldwork and other outdoors activities), but we will have a discussion on the subject.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

OK , I understand.
    onamountain , feel free to use anything in my minor mod for your mod , just don't forget to credit the respective modders(Charge,Agart,Burreck,...).
    PM me if you want the current version I've been working on(0.2).
    Trust me , you've to test it , it's a great pleasure.(new gameplay)

Bye

Romy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast