Thread: Fixable Bayonets?

Rulan's Avatar Foederatus

Default Fixable Bayonets?

Anyone feel like making a fixable bayonets minimod for me? I don't have any experience using E:TW mod tools, but if it's anything like CoH modding used to be, you might try making two copies of the plug bayonet skill to replace ring and socket, taking out the no-more-shooting part, then replacing the bayonet models and re-improving the stats to level with that of the ring and sockets bayonets. Add like a -10 to accuracy and reloading skill while bayonets are attached.

Feasibility?

Default Re: Fixable Bayonets?

It would be good if we could do this...i think it MAY be hardcoded (mainly due to the fact no ones done it yet)..
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

I have a few niggling little issues like this.

Another is Dragoons. Why the hell would they leave their swords with the horses?
    Last edited by Rulan; August 02, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulan View Post
    I have a few niggling little issues like this.

Another is Dragoons. Why the hell would they leave their swords with the horses?
    Historically, they carried cavalry sabres, which were curved and not very could in sword v sword fighting.

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

I think you'll find that cavalry sabres were equally suitable for combat on foot. If you argue against curved swords in general, or cavalry swords, bear in mind the Indian tulwar, Persian shamshir and Polish szabla, as well as the curved infantry officer swords of the 19th century.

Dragoons with swords would rock.

EDIT: Hard.
    Last edited by Rulan; August 02, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

Well...CTD.

Dragoons with swords? Or would that involve editing every single faction's Dragoon and Light Dragoon unit?

You want to edit a unit type's hardcoded abilities.

You could change the animations. Right now they use the regular musket animations on foot. If you changed the foot animations from musket to musket_sabre, they would use their sabres.

I think you'll find that cavalry sabres were equally suitable for combat on foot. If you argue against curved swords in general, or cavalry swords, bear in mind the Indian tulwar, Persian shamshir and Polish szabla, as well as the curved infantry officer swords of the 19th century.

Dragoons with swords would rock.

EDIT: Hard.
    Good point. But the infantry officers used hangers (an expensive version of the cutlass) or, in some cases, claymores.

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmpire View Post
    Good point. But the infantry officers used hangers (an expensive version of the cutlass) or, in some cases, claymores.
    I quite agree, and personally prefer a straight blade.

I quite agree, and personally prefer a straight blade.
    looks better in-game aswell
    especially highland officers with enormous claymores

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmpire View Post
    especially highland officers with enormous claymores
    If you want I could include that in my mod. I could also give highland drummers and standard bearers claymores, and maybe also change some of the highlander musketeers to the musket_sabre animations so they use the swords in melee..

You should do that

Well maybe if you edit the foot weapon to musket_sabre like tiyafeh said, it might work...

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

The only thing wrong with bayonets in this game, to me that is, is they have a to bulky of head.

Also the musket doesn't have the ramrod in sight, so the gun looks like a hybrid from the 18th and 19th century O_o.

Is it possible to solve this problem or should my men just walse around with club look weaponary?.
    Last edited by XxGREAT-BRITAINx; August 07, 2009 at 10:52 PM.

Did anyone listen to me of tiyafeh?

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    Did anyone listen to me of tiyafeh?
    I agreed with tiyafeh