Thread: Book recomendations on the Middle ages.

Default Book recomendations on the Middle ages.

Im looking for a pretty through book on the history of Medieval Europe, preferably from the Fall of the Roman Empire to the Renaissance.

Any help is appreciatted
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Romanos's Avatar Hey

well if you wont something about the fall of Rome and the late Eastern Empire (693 A.D.-1453 A.D.) try The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Hm, if you want culture, Eco wrote much about it. If politics, you should be more exact, as it is a very wide term. Take a specific country or region.

Two good history books on Medieval Europe I can think of are "The Civilization of the Middle Ages" by Norman Cantor and "The Age of Faith" by Will Durant.

Also check Trial by Battle and Trial By Fire by John Sumption. Great books on the first two stages of the Hundred Years War.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam