Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shambhala Players - Is that a Mainz-Fullham Gladius In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Default The Shambhala Players - Is that a Mainz-Fullham Gladius In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

Me and my friends were browsing the forums one day, and we saw an amazing proposal for an ETW mod. Comprehensive, visionary, and expansive. While it certainly would be a hard mod to make, the proposal wasn't what caught our eye. The short story about two soldiers, nay brothers in arms is what caught our eyes. It inspired us, we thought, "We must bring this work to life!" We thought different methods, whether through a short movie or play. But the best way was to do it like a radio drama. Enamored with this work of literary might, the Shambhala Players have recorded a faithful, true-to-the-text version of this landmark work in historical fiction. Fully voiced, featuring sound effects and a professional score, this audio version of master412160's untitled short story is known as, "Is that a Mainz-Fullham Gladius In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?" We hope you like it, and we hope that the man who inspired it enjoys it too

Link to our version:
    http://www.filefront.com/14169567/story.mp3
    http://www.filefront.com/14334095/story.mp3

The original story:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Roman Story
    It took place in 356 AD at the Empire's border.There where two soldiers (Gorius and Curvus) who were guarding a part of the border at the Donau,there where two watch towers one where Gorius was posted and the other tower where curvus was posted the range between the towers was 50 meters.
    Gorius served with Curvus 13 years the are good friends.

Curvus:It look's quiet out there don't you think ?
    Gorius :I think we must stay alert all the time,they can come fast out of the woods.
    Curvus:yes but there will come a time when I can just live like a citizen and have a farm and go retire.
    Captain:go back to your post soldier,the break is over !
    storyteller:6 pm at the evening
    Gorius:I wonder what we have to eat for the evening.
    Curvus:I think chicken or beans maybe.
    Gorius:Very tasty food ,don't you think.
    Curvus:I think I have eaten to mutch,I go take a nap.
    storyteller:later,10 pm in the evening
    Gorius:why must we always stand guard so late. A live of a soldier is so hard,but it gives some action in your live.
    german warrior:are we ready to attack?
    german commander:no, first we need to kill the two guards of the tower, then we can attack the main camp.
    german warrior:i will go and kill them. DEAD TO THE ROMANS !!!)
    Gorius:hmm, I see something very unclear in the bushes.Maybe warn someone,or maybe it's nothing.
    german warrior:sneaking to the wall and climb above to the first guard post.
    Gorius:know I see someone.Oh damn. Fast, alert may friend in the other tower, use a torch!!!
    german warrior:I am almost there. Then i will cut his head of with may axe and show it to my commander.
    curvus:Oh my friend and the camp are in danger. Fast aid my friend (running to the other tower)
    storyteller:Gorius is ready to fight for his live when the enemy warrior climbs over the wall with his axe.
    Gorius:come and get me, you filty barbarian ! When does Corvus come ?
    storyteller:The german warrior climbs over the wall and takes his axe and swings it to Gorius. Gorius avoids the axe. Now Gorius takes his swords and trys to stick it into the german.But the german sees it coming and avoids it,and now swings his axe towords gorius.Just at the moment the warrior wants to hit Gorius,Curvus comes and put his sword into the german.The german lets go of his axe and falls to the ground.
    Curvus:Luckly I'm in time or You would be dead. Quickly,we must warn the camp that the Germans are here.
    Gorius:yes let's go and warn the camp so we can assemble the army and fight!
    storyteller:And so the Romans where assembling there army to go and meet the enemy outside the camp.The Germans now know that their cover is gone and that the Romans know that the're here.The german commander say's:
    german commander:soldiers,friends,warriors the Romans know we are here and one this moment are assembeling an army to fight us.I say, let's help them to come to us and in the meantime prepare an ambush.When they come out of the camp to march to us, we'll storm to them with all we've got.Let's kill some Romans !!! (German warriors cheering)

(End of Story)

Credits:
    Story by master412160
    Produced by Boeing
    Storyteller: Sundance
    Gorius: Macky
    Curvus: Shyam
    German Warrior and German Commander - mollsomg
    Captain: Boeing
    Last edited by Dayman; August 20, 2009 at 05:24 PM.

Default Re: The Shambhala Players - Is that a Mainz-Fullham Gladius In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

I am honored! Can't download now, but will sure do when I can to read it. Great job, I am stund.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Default Re: The Shambhala Players - Is that a Mainz-Fullham Gladius In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

I am honoured to have been a part of this production.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

I have to say that I am amazed. The story is truly a masterpiece, and the recording does it justice. Well done!
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

I have + rep all guy's who helped to do this, only mollsomg I don't find in the members list.

Never mind, found him. + rep for Molls to!

I just saw it, man it's so goood! Funny, nice voices.
    Last edited by webMaster412160; August 01, 2009 at 06:12 AM.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

I am also honoured to have been part of this.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I am saddned to not have been part of this but the Arab-Irish were not around back then. Next time, mein freund.

Master write a new story for us, we need your inspiration.

I demand a sequel!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I will drink from your skull! <--brilliance.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

ENCORE

sundance your voice mildy reminds me of the main voice in tomas the tank engine.
    very trippy guys

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

He was channeling the Famous Historian in Holy Grail.

I think he nailed it.

Indefinitely Banned

The storyteller was definitely the best part. Especially the "6 pm at the evening" line. Very well done.

I'm a star - I don't need the Shambhala Players any more! I'm signed up to star in the new Star Wars film!

When does the team make a new voice video ? I can't wait. Should I write a new story ?

You definitely should, we'd love one set in the time of the Crusades, or maybe one of the World Wars. We're currently compiling some work to attempt, but if you do another and PM us with it, we'll perform it

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Yeh I would quite like to have one set in the trenches of WW1
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

god just listened to it again...
    Macky HOW DID YOU DO THAT LINE?
    Gorius:hmm, I see something very unclear in the bushes.Maybe warn someone,or maybe it's nothing.
    This is the most brutally awesome gay accentuation/emphasis I've ever heard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast